Change in Traditional Dining Times?

canadarocks

3 hours ago, floridalover5623 said:

I just saw the dining schedule for Oct 20 on the CB & it appears that early traditional is 5:30 PM & late is 7:45 PM. I don't believe they've changed a thing on the CB.

You're still better off with AT dining anyway since you're not held to any fixed schedule.

7FAA0D41-14BD-4FF0-AE04-C0D469EEC9BE.jpe

For our 11/11/18 Caribbean Princess cruise, we originally were 6:00 requested/confirmed.  Just in the last week, when I look at my reservation, it has been changed to 5:00 requested/confirmed.  We did not request 5:00 - what happened to our 6:00 confirmed?! 

We get all kinds of emails from Princess for the uupcoming cruise, but not a thing regarding a dining change.  It it wasn't for CC, I would still think we were confirmed for 6:00.  Very disappointing to have to deal with this now, since we booked early and were all set.

Edited by metairiegal

11 hours ago, Ombud said:

I was told TD times on Australia & New Zealand routes did not change. 

I am booked on the Majestic next year ending in Sydney.  My Dining time on the personalizer shows 6:00 PM requested and confirmed. 

I changed cabins yesterday.  The confirmation email for the cabin change shows 5:00 PM dining requested and confirmed.  I rechecked the personalizer and it still shows 6:00 PM requested and confirmed.

I will just keep watching but 5:00 is to early and I won't do Anytime based on long wait times I have experienced in the past.  

2 hours ago, metairiegal said:

For our 11/11/18 Caribbean Princess cruise, we originally were 6:00 requested/confirmed.  Just in the last week, when I look at my reservation, it has been changed to 5:00 requested/confirmed.  We did not request 5:00 - what happened to our 6:00 confirmed?! 

We get all kinds of emails from Princess for the uupcoming cruise, but not a thing regarding a dining change.  It it wasn't for CC, I would still think we were confirmed for 6:00.  Very disappointing to have to deal with this now, since we booked early and were all set.

That's one of the main reasons we now do AT dining. 

Table for 2 only. 

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:30 AM, caribill said:

I do not think there are actually new times for dining when you are on the ship. What is new is what is listed in the personalizer. In the past the times on ship rarely were what was listed in the personalizer. I have no reason to believe the times now listed in the personalizer are accurate either.

People may be happy/unhappy with what they see with the changes shown in the personalizer, but may be unhappy once on board and see the actual times differ from what the personalizer listed.

My sister & her DH were on the Crown Princess in September they had the new times for Dinner.  The times were changed they had 8:15 was changed to 7:15.

9 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

All I can say after reading all this and seeing these changes is that I'm glad we have Club Class Dining....and will pay the extra to have it in the future on a Princess cruise....

As perfectly planned by Princess to drive people out of the mdr to specialty and cc dining

• Thanks 1

As mentioned, If the showtimes are also being changed,  then the logistics will become an issue.

that is a biggie.

I will be watching for reports from those who will be on the Regal soon.

I know it is hard to please everyone with two seatings, since one will always be a bit early for most, while the next seating will be a bit late.   But, on vacation, to be ready to dine by 4:45 / 5:00. is just TOO early!

I know most people think 4:45 is too early, myself included, but when I checked the personalizer for  my February cruise the only time that has a waitlist is the 4:45 time slot.  Both of the other 2 times do not have a waitlist.  To be honest I'm not sure if there was a waitlist for the earliest traditional before the changes were made.  Maybe all those people think they are waitlisted for 5:30 and are unaware of the changes.  I only looked at mine after I read about the changes here on CC.

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

As perfectly planned by Princess to drive people out of the mdr to specialty and cc dining

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

I don’t think for 1 second that’s the plan, it must be from passengers feedback

Our group of seven all just changed to 7:15 traditional for our Royal Cruise in January. I haven’t done traditional in years but we like to eat dinner in the range of 7 and I’m fearful that the lines/wait for Anytime will be terrible.  Will be interesting to see how this all works, fortunately others are cruising before us and I’ll be interested to read how The new dining times and show times work out. 

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

On 10/20/2018 at 10:12 AM, Island wannabe said:

I guess I am one of the few that are really happy with the change, at least the 7:15 pm TD time.  For years we have used AT dining because 8:15 was too late and earlier was much to early.  We love to eat around 7:30 pm so for us it’s quite perfect.   I agree that the new early times are a bit ridiculous but I’m sure much research and stats must have gone in to these decisions.  Would love to know what the research showed

Absolutely agree with you on all counts and did exactly the same as you, for years, for the same reason. A huge thanks to the OP for posting the information about the changes. Just changed our two cabins from ATD to 7:15 for our two-week Regal Christmas cruise. I’m hoping that, if there is a time change once we get on board, that it is no more than 15 minutes either way. 

45 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

The one way to keep the lines down in ATD is to only allow PAX who have it (ATD) on their cruise card to dine there.  Do you think that is what they will do?

I sure hope so, it’s the way it should have always been.  

I don't see why they won't let you change to ATD once onboard. 

Heck, they changed our time - without telling us.  They send us so many emails, but no email regarding the time change.  If it wasn't for CC I would not have known our dining time had changed.

Edited by metairiegal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, metairiegal said:

Heck, they changed our time - without telling us.  They send us so many emails, but no email regarding the time change.  If it wasn't for CC I would not have known our dining time had changed.

My guess about why they haven’t emailed notifications is because they realize it wouldn’t be a popular change & thus are keeping it a secret until many passengers learn about the change when boarding the ship.

Previously it was possible to visit the maître d’ or his assistant to change dining assignments.  Depending upon availability you should be able to change to ATD just like before.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, metairiegal said:

I think the discussion of switching to ATD deals with people who have TD but just show up at an ATD dining room. This will give them 2 tables for dinner - the TD cabin they are assigned for the cruise and the ATD table for that evening.

On 10/20/2018 at 2:48 AM, Gracie115 said:

I bet Anytime Dining will be swamped on all ships that have changed to this 4:30-4:45 early dining seating....who in the world wants to eat dinner that early!!!!!

That's more like a late lunch.....:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Bob

• Like 2

We have gone back to TD for the last several years because we like the fixed time, table and waiters.  I have noticed though that a lot of tables are empty each night some never had anyone there while others had pax that come and go over the cruise.  They are eating their dinner meal somewhere else and that place may well be ATD.  I wonder how many do have TD and use ATD at their convenience.  

We moved our 6 PM (actually 5:30 or 5:45) to 7:45 after learning about the new times.  I wonder if the 7:45 will slip like the earlier ones to 7:30?