I thought Dogs weren't allowed?

10 minutes ago, Artemus said:

Bob mentioned only service dogs were permitted in the dining room if I remember correctly. Bob, please correct me if I’m wrong.

People will bring them in their ESA animals if they want to or they will leave them in their cabin. Service animals will be in the dining room because they are needed for a specific task.

The crew are not allowed to ask about the animals, of either variety. 

On 10/18/2018 at 4:57 PM, ryano said:

Dont even get me started on this and these entitled people!

Here is a service dog!  She pulls me in my wheelchair, she fetches items I need, she picks up stuff I drop, if Im laying in bed she will come lay beside me so I can use her as a prop to raise myself.  These are just a few things she has been trained to do!   No worries though as you wont ever see her on a cruise because I would NEVER subject her to the closed in confinement of a cruise ship!   Not to mention I try to respect my fellow guests who are either allergic or even afraid of big dogs.   Im fortunate to have her but Im also fortunate that I dont NEED her 24/7 and just like having a child, its nice to have a break once in a while!

I know some of you have seen me post this many times over the years but these people that bring their ill mannered and untrained PETS infuriate me!   I wont hesitate to call them out on it either, in a nice manner of course.   

14212031_10207320483145973_7942231037753270581_n.jpg

She’s gorgeous xx

RC's rules about the animals state that they are never to be left in the cabin alone.

The people with their pets CONSTANTLY leave their animals in the cabin alone.

Does RC do anything about this?

Apparently not.

(and obviously, so I almost wasn't going to write this out, if the animal is SO necessary and SO important and SO vital - how could the owner possibly be anywhere without it?   And yet they are left in the cabin ALL THE TIME.)  (or passed around to other family members :/ )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

RC's rules about the animals state that they are never to be left in the cabin alone.

The people with their pets CONSTANTLY leave their animals in the cabin alone.

Does RC do anything about this?

Apparently not.

(and obviously, so I almost wasn't going to write this out, if the animal is SO necessary and SO important and SO vital - how could the owner possibly be anywhere without it?   And yet they are left in the cabin ALL THE TIME.)  (or passed around to other family members 😕 )

Nope, dog was left alone in cabin multiple times on my last cruise in Dec. Nothing happened as he Barked every time I walked by cabin door. But a smoker who wouldn't stop after repeated warnings was fined, his wife wasn't happy about the extra cost... 

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

I have been dealing with hypoglycemia for 7+ years now. We recently got a new pup who wil be starting obedience training. And when we master that he will be trained to recognize when my sugar is dropping. At which point he will officially be designated as a service dog. Until such time, I wouldn’t try to pass him as one. DH said even when he is fully trained he isn’t  going with us. I have an appointment at the end of the month to hopefully be given a continuous glucose monitor which will be a big help. 

I have 4 dogs and they all offer me something emotionally. Some times anger,  other times frustration, most times love. But I agree they don’t need to sail! I feel bad when I leave my house and have to crate them. I couldn’t imagine trying to be on a cruise ship and them not having the ability to run and play and burn off energy. God bless alll who absolutely need to have their SDs at all times and don’t have the option to travel without them. And may those who masquerade their pets as SDs go to a very special place. 

• Like 4

On Norwegian Escape recently we saw a little dog with its owner in an upcharge restaurant.  Owner was staying in the Haven (suites section).   For me it's a cleanliness thing so I hope the suite was disinfected top to bottom before the next guests came in.  I also wonder what the other Haven guests thought of this.   :classic_unsure:

Also, what if someone is allergic to dogs?   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mizLORInj said:

On Norwegian Escape recently we saw a little dog with its owner in an upcharge restaurant.  Owner was staying in the Haven (suites section).   For me it's a cleanliness thing so I hope the suite was disinfected top to bottom before the next guests came in.  I also wonder what the other Haven guests thought of this.   :classic_unsure:

Also, what if someone is allergic to dogs?   

Exactly! Absolutely nothing happens. The owners of these dogs could care less about the health of any other passenger.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:43 PM, neverbeenhere said:

Your heck raising plan might satisfy you but it will do nothing to stop dogs from being allowed to board ships.   Good luck. 

Well according to Royal they are no longer honoring request for support animals on any of their ships. The last I read if people had already booked before the change occurred then they would honor that but anyone after the announcement date would not be allowed to bring their SUPPORT animals onboard, lets hope they honor this.

7 hours ago, Nessa55 said:

Well according to Royal they are no longer honoring request for support animals on any of their ships. The last I read if people had already booked before the change occurred then they would honor that but anyone after the announcement date would not be allowed to bring their SUPPORT animals onboard, lets hope they honor this.

It depends on who you are. Certain people will still be allowed to bring their pets onboard regardless of what the policy says. 

• Like 1

My boy picks things up for me when I’m in my wheelchair and can’t do that myself, or getting help if I have a fall, I’m not real interested in taking him cruising, (I’m not sure he’d like it) and there’s always someone around to do that for me on a cruise.

8 hours ago, Nessa55 said:

It's Emotional Support Animals that are not allowed.  Trained Service Animals are allowed.  This applies to cruises booked after July 31, 2018.  

On a related note, saw a

”service dog” (that’s what his vest said), at the mall this past weekend.  He was going up to people and sniffing them, sniffing all over the place, hard to control.  I doubt he was “in training”, because the dogs I’ve seen in the past in training have an “in training” vest.  Super doubt he was a certified service animal...

10 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

My boy picks things up for me when I’m in my wheelchair and can’t do that myself, or getting help if I have a fall, I’m not real interested in taking him cruising, (I’m not sure he’d like it) and there’s always someone around to do that for me on a cruise.

I'm assuming your "boy" is a male service dog, not your son.

On 11/23/2018 at 11:57 AM, Artemus said:

Thank you, Bob. Kinda makes me not want to sail RCCL. Is Carnival allowing dogs too

This really is infrequent.  I haven't seen one yet, but then I'm not really paying attention. 

And yes, probably on Carnival too.  The whole 'emotional support animal' issue is everywhere because the laws that protect true service animals was co-opted and used as a loophole by those who should leave their pets home with family or board them.  

We are dog lovers, but certainly don't want to share a table with them.