Specialty restaurant discount

sailaway04

7 minutes ago, sailaway04 said:

Has anyone gotten a cheaper price booking a speciality restaurant on board vs the cruise planner? I have a vague recolection of being offered 15% off when looking at a menu by the door but not certain. 

Varies ship to ship and sailing to sailing.  No way to predict as the amount of discount they offer will be based on how many people have already booked and how desperate they are for sales.

We have been on many cruises where they did not offer any discounts on board.

On sailings where restaurant bookings are low they've been known to offer deals.  Same ship with restaurant booking average or high, no or few deals offered.  It's hit or miss.  

If it's important to you, pre-book it.  If you just want to try it and aren't sure, wait and see.

30 minutes ago, sailaway04 said:

Has anyone gotten a cheaper price booking a speciality restaurant on board vs the cruise planner? I have a vague recolection of being offered 15% off when looking at a menu by the door but not certain. 

Yes, we have received a 50% discount before.

Man I would like to get that one offered to me.

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Only better discount was for Chef's Table. Offered 2 for 1 while sitting at Trellis bar on Oasis. 

On Freedom in November , the chops booker was offering me deals. I had bogo and chefs and he was trying to give me the murder mystery for 25% off.

2 hours ago, sailaway04 said:

Was offered 25% off Izumi for tonight on Serenade.

Agree with above....don't be shy to just make an offer to them. We do this almost every sailing.

A few months ago we were sitting in the WJ at lunch and sales people were working the pax for reservations. When he got to me I said in a low voice, "if you can make it 50%, we will take it". The guy leaned over and whispers, "OK, but don't tell anyone else". Had to chuckle.........

8 hours ago, goodthatwontcomeout said:

How did that come about... Did you ask, or was advertised on ship, or?? 

We were approached by a crewmember and we kept refusing the offer until he got to 50% off.

2 hours ago, Ronaldo807 said:

Will they offer any deals on UDP onboard?

We were on Harmony Jan 20-27 and the price including gratuity was $238 for the UDP.  I purchased it on Black Friday for $155.

I did not see any other pricing for the UDP on that cruise.