Elite Happy Hour

lawra09

Just returned from a 10 night on the Reflection and noted some changes to the happy hour perk for elites.  There is now no limit on drinks between 5-7 pm in most lounges but you can no longer order a glass of wine in the dining room between 5-7 pm which used to be permitted under the elite happy hour perk.  To me, this is a bit chintzy on Celebriy's part and makes no sense. 

• Like 1

There's nothing to stop you from getting a glass of wine at one of the bars and taking it into the MDR.  We've done this many times and never questioned.  The second glass, ordered in the MDR,  you'd have to sign and pay for.

1 hour ago, lawra09 said:

Just returned from a 10 night on the Reflection and noted some changes to the happy hour perk for elites.  There is now no limit on drinks between 5-7 pm in most lounges but you can no longer order a glass of wine in the dining room between 5-7 pm which used to be permitted under the elite happy hour perk.  To me, this is a bit chintzy on Celebriy's part and makes no sense. 

Ordering wine as a perk in the MDR was rare . We had it once on a cruise where there were 1600 Elite and up. What theyare offering now is much better than in the past

40 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

So, no longer 3 free drinks attached to your card for use in any bar except the World Class bar ?

Any bar included the dining room on Silhouette in summer 2018.

But this is better.  Unlimited drinks from the CCHH menu in any bar except the World Class bar or the MDR during the hours of 5-7 except for Embarkation Day and day of Senior Officers' Party.

Yes, unlimited on Reflection. Much better. We were on Reflection 3 weeks ago and were told this is a relatively new change from the old 3 drink limit.Is this now fleet wide? Doesn't really matter to us as we always have the drink package but nice for those who do not. 

7 minutes ago, jimzgoldfinch said:

On Reflection earlier this month. We had premium drinks package.

We observed that Elite drinks menus were in some bars but there was no indication anywhere that 3 drinks were loaded on to your sea pass. 

No longer 3 drinks.  Now it's unlimited drinks on your card in the hours mentioned and in the venues mentioned.

12 minutes ago, jimzgoldfinch said:

On Reflection earlier this month. We had premium drinks package.

We observed that Elite drinks menus were in some bars but there was no indication anywhere that 3 drinks were loaded on to your sea pass. 

Unlimited CC HH drinks from 5 to 7 PM. 

Edited by davekathy

5 hours ago, lawra09 said:

Although you may have been able to order a class of wine in the MDR on a few test cruises, it was never part of the program. As mentioned it was very rare and it may have only been on one ship.

In my opinion moving from cocktails in the Sky Lounge only between 5-7 PM only to unlimited in most Bars is about as far from chintzy as you can get.

Please do not turn a significant improvement to this Elite drink program into a negative somehow.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Although you may have been able to order a class of wine in the MDR on a few test cruises, it was never part of the program. As mentioned it was very rare and it may have only been on one ship.

In my opinion moving from cocktails in the Sky Lounge only between 5-7 PM only to unlimited in most Bars is about as far from chintzy as you can get.

Please do not turn a significant improvement to this Elite drink program into a negative somehow.

Agree.

• Like 2

I'm glad we don't drink any more this too confusing to keep up with. I just want to know if I can go to the bar and get 6 can's of diet Coke to take back to our cabin. We've done this on our last 3 cruises, work's for us.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, jsf said:

I'm glad we don't drink any more this too confusing to keep up with. I just want to know if I can go to the bar and get 6 can's of diet Coke to take back to our cabin. We've done this on our last 3 cruises, work's for us.

We do 3 diet cokes, 1 ginger ale and 2 bottles of water.......it sucks paying for that stuff on embarcation day.

• Thanks 1

Celebrity's Elite benefits are significantly better than their competitors. Princess offers a measly in-cabin "setup" of small airline bottles (one setup per cabin). And, their nightly platinum/elite event only offers drinks at a minimal "discount".

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jsf said:

I do not know the answer, but I would think the number of three drinks would no longer have any significant. It is now unlimited.  I kind of doubt that you could order an unlimited number of diet cokes to bring back to your cabin, but it is possible.

When the benefit was limited to the Sky Lounge only were you able to do this?  I know Celebrity used to say that you could not bring drinks out of the Sky Lounge, but it was not really enforced.

It is a great question.

2 hours ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

Same question I asked before.non elite that was booked in the same cabin were allowed drinks in the lounge. What happens now? Do they still have to get drinks there only Ontario Cruiser

IMO non elite staying in the same stateroom with elite should consider themselves very luck to even get CC HH drinks at all. We'd like to see that practice eliminated for non upper tier level cruisers staying in the same stateroom.

9 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

There's nothing to stop you from getting a glass of wine at one of the bars and taking it into the MDR.  We've done this many times and never questioned.  The second glass, ordered in the MDR,  you'd have to sign and pay for.

X2.  We do this routinely.  

14 minutes ago, davekathy said:

IMO non elite staying in the same stateroom with elite should consider themselves very luck to even get CC HH drinks at all. We'd like to see that practice eliminated for non upper tier level cruisers staying in the same stateroom.

The reason that I have a none lite in my cabin is that my husband is too sick to travel so my very good girlfriend is taking his place. Hopefully you are never in this situation.

Ontario cruiser

14 minutes ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

The reason that I have a none lite in my cabin is that my husband is too sick to travel so my very good girlfriend is taking his place. Hopefully you are never in this situation.

Ontario cruiser

Unless the practice has change since 1 February 2019 your girlfriend should be able to get CC HH drinks only in the Sky Lounge during the CC HH. Like in the past (when Celebrity sometimes loaded our Sea pass cards) she will not be able to get the CC HH drinks in the bars/lounges as she is not elite and her Sea Pass card will not say elite on it. The servers do check for that.

Edited by davekathy

11 hours ago, davekathy said:

Unless the practice has change since 1 February 2019 your girlfriend should be able to get CC HH drinks only in the Sky Lounge during the CC HH. Like in the past (when Celebrity sometimes loaded our Sea pass cards) she will not be able to get the CC HH drinks in the bars/lounges as she is not elite and her Sea Pass card will not say elite on it. The servers do check for that.

Have the CC Hostess provide a separate identifying white card, and one can then gets drinks in any bar.