over 55 discount

16 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I swear they pay Florida residents to take a cruise. My SIL scored a 7 day cruise on Princess last March in the heart of spring break. interior room for $199 pp. If she didn’t show me the invoice I wouldn’t have believed it.

We have had some great deals over the years with Florida resident discounts.  Hope they keep coming.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

That's also true on other lines as well. I was so happy to turn 55 expecting to get a discounted cruise. Here I am 3 years older and no discounts. I may as well be 45.  The residents discount seems to be non existent in the Northeast as well.  

We have been fortunate with the Pennsylvania res. discount on three we have booked. We never got a discount on NCL. I guess I just picked a good day to book!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I swear they pay Florida residents to take a cruise. My SIL scored a 7 day cruise on Princess last March in the heart of spring break. interior room for $199 pp. If she didn’t show me the invoice I wouldn’t have believed it.

And I don’t understand that. We live in NC which is a reasonable drive. And GA and SC are even closer. Why such great rates for FL residents?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

That's also true on other lines as well. I was so happy to turn 55 expecting to get a discounted cruise. Here I am 3 years older and no discounts. I may as well be 45.  The residents discount seems to be non existent in the Northeast as well.  

Huge discounts for FL residents. 😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cindivan said:

And I don’t understand that. We live in NC which is a reasonable drive. And GA and SC are even closer. Why such great rates for FL residents?

Less likely to need air fare reimbursed when a cruise is cancelled. 😉

5 hours ago, George C said:

Never got a over 55 or military discount in my 20 rccl cruises, have a ten percent military discount on my msc cruise later this year. 

Hard to find but all ones seen Military Discount has been $300-800 off. Didn't book it but last week Vision Panama Canal had me with $692 off Military Discount with me sailing SOLO. Isn't available now. My Cruise would have been a B2B-side by side by side for me... Serenade-Serenade-Celebrity Silhouette-Vision. Still booked all but Vision

Edited by ONECRUISER

10 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I just booked a cruise with a $92 senior discount.  (Anthem 6/6/19)

I’m on that sailing too. There wasn’t a discount offered when I booked. I guess they happen after final payment.

We're both over 55, live in Florida, and are law enforcement employees, and have never gotten any of those discounts in more than 50 cruises. I keep plugging all of them in every time we look at cruises just in case a miracle happens and they actually offer one of them to us.

On 4/2/2019 at 5:07 PM, George C said:

Never got a over 55 or military discount in my 20 rccl cruises, have a ten percent military discont on my msc cruise later this year. 

We have had a few military discounts, but we usually get better deals with the interline rate. 

On 4/2/2019 at 4:02 PM, Iamcruzin said:

I received a NY resident discount for sailings on Celebrity Summit, so if RCCL doesn't have that discount try Celebrity.  I believe the sailings were in December and January, prime time to get away from the NY winter weather!

2 minutes ago, evandbob said:

I received a NY resident discount for sailings on Celebrity Summit, so if RCCL doesn't have that discount try Celebrity.  I believe the sailings were in December and January, prime time to get away from the NY winter weather!

Are you a snowbird? I see you live in Florida. Was the discount for a Florida port departure or Cape Liberty?

Back in the day before the website improvements you could put in any special rates such as senior, state military and only the cruises that had those rates would appear.  Great for those retired folks that can cruise anytime.  I sure miss that feature😎

Two weeks ago got a $200 balcony discount (C&A), a 30% discount on 2nd person of $1140.00 and a FL resident of $152.00.  Total savings, which includes taxes, fees and port charges of $1375.  Total fare was $3318.00.  Total charge after all discounts $1943.00.  This is for an August cruise on Freedom out of San Juan to the ABC islands.  Discount will help pay for air fare which right now is high, but have time to get that.  Must say I was super excited on this and grabbed it right away.  

9 hours ago, molly361 said:

Back in the day before the website improvements you could put in any special rates such as senior, state military and only the cruises that had those rates would appear.  Great for those retired folks that can cruise anytime.  I sure miss that feature😎

Ugh yes I miss that feature too!

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:49 PM, cindivan said:

Some itineraries apply to all States.  Freedom out of San Juan seems to be one of those.