Bad experience on Allure

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

Shame on you! Demanding compensation for that??!!!

That same crew toils for you, cleans up all your *****, ensures you have a comfortable stay and you could not take a few hours of their enjoyment into consideration?

THIS!!!! So much!

Let them blow off some steam. I am sure that the inspection was overly stressful and it must have been hard to pass with a 99%.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, hannahsnana said:

We are currently sailing on Allure. This cruise was booked after the cancellation of our Oasis cruise, after which we booked a boardwalk balcony cabin on Allure as choices were limited. Everything was going OK with a few minor problems until last night. They had informed guests they were rewarding crew members for a 99% rating on their last inspection by allowing them access to the Boardwalk from 8:00 til 12:00 last night. That seemed OK to us until we returned to our cabin at 9:30 after dinner and a show. The noise from the Boardwalk with the door closed was unbearable to even sit and watch tv, much less go to sleep. There was a reggae band blasting music and a person singing, yelling , and more from the crowd. After dealing with it for a while, I called guest services and they said they’d send security to our room! What? My husband went down to guests services at 10:30 to complain again. They took his complaint and said it would stop at 11:00, which it did. If we had been outside in the hall making such noise , I’m sure there would have been security there right away! Needless to say, I am not happy with the situation that unfolded and are going to request compensation for several hours of interrupted calm in my cabin, much less the lack of sleep. By the way, when they did shut it down , the singer yelled out somebody closed them down! Yes, a paying guest!

WOW, I can´t believe this. 

You are really Talking About several Hours !!!

The whole Event was intended to last merely 4 Hours before you cut it down to 3. From the 3 Hours we are Talking About now, it only affected you for 1.5 Hours. Sorry but that´s hardly several Hours. 

You came back at 09:30 dealt with it for a while before you called, waited a Little and then DH went down to complain again at 10:30. So two complaints within one hour, but you dealt with it for a while? How Long is that? 5 seconds?

Sorry but IMO you are totally unreasonable with this complaint and even worse seeking compensation. 

I think the crew really deserves such parties once in a while, even if it slightly Interrupts the paying guests. Thumbs up for RCI for doing this. Thumbs down for guests like the OP.

• Like 9

Yes, I would be annoyed, but than I read that the noise complaint was at 9:30 and not 1:00am.  Sorry, but if you go to bed at 9:30, than you need to have a cabin as far away from activity areas as possible.  I'm a little shocked that you actually complained about it. 

• Like 2

I agree no compensation should be expected or requested.  And parties always sound a lot louder to those not in them, not to mention the tunnel effect of the boardwalk area that could have amplified them. That said, I do think this should have been handled better.  They (RCCL) should have simply recognized perhaps the noise could/should be reduced for the remaining time.  Again, not down to silent levels, but it does sound per the OP that this exceeded all previous activities, and because at that time of night there is a reduction of passenger noise it likely sounded even louder.  If they (RCCL) couldn't/didn't want to reduce the noise or change the hours, they should have simply been gracious in understanding OP's complaint and perhaps offered a small token of consideration, more as you catch more flies with honey approach.  RCCL should NOT have told the cast they were shutting it down early due to a passenger complaint, such loud comments at the end are the reason most of us are afraid to ever speak up in such situations. RCCL should have set expectations for the party that sound levels should be monitored during since they are still on an active cruise with active passengers and this may or may not have an impact on how those passengers feel about their cruise/tipping/etc. Again, not stating OP was right or wrong but since none of the rest of us were there or know the level it was at, why the heck are we all treating them like they are being unreasonable?  I may be more sensitive because I used to live directly behind a venue that had ampified music on Friday and Saturday nights and even with all doors closed some nights it was awful, and we never could simply enjoy our own outdoor space and when I was the protester against them only asking for no amplification of music past a certain hour I was harassed continuously.  For me though one night wouldn't have upset me, even if tired, I would have just found another quiet place to sit and chalked it up to normal uncontrollable things that happen, life!  I think the crew do deserve a party, perhaps in another venue, but regardless even the crew should understand yelling about being shutdown by a passenger is in poor taste.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hannahsnana said:

I am not happy with the situation that unfolded and are going to request compensation for several hours of interrupted calm in my cabin, much less the lack of sleep. 

Get. A. Life.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

We are currently sailing on Allure. This cruise was booked after the cancellation of our Oasis cruise, after which we booked a boardwalk balcony cabin on Allure as choices were limited. Everything was going OK with a few minor problems until last night. They had informed guests they were rewarding crew members for a 99% rating on their last inspection by allowing them access to the Boardwalk from 8:00 til 12:00 last night. That seemed OK to us until we returned to our cabin at 9:30 after dinner and a show. The noise from the Boardwalk with the door closed was unbearable to even sit and watch tv, much less go to sleep. There was a reggae band blasting music and a person singing, yelling , and more from the crowd. After dealing with it for a while, I called guest services and they said they’d send security to our room! What? My husband went down to guests services at 10:30 to complain again. They took his complaint and said it would stop at 11:00, which it did. If we had been outside in the hall making such noise , I’m sure there would have been security there right away! Needless to say, I am not happy with the situation that unfolded and are going to request compensation for several hours of interrupted calm in my cabin, much less the lack of sleep. By the way, when they did shut it down , the singer yelled out somebody closed them down! Yes, a paying guest!

You'll have to coach me on this. How is 9:30 to 11 several hrs?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

we returned to our cabin at 9:30 after dinner and a show.

They took his complaint and said it would stop at 11:00, which it did.

I am going to request compensation for several hours of interrupted calm in my cabin,

it appears that your calm was interrupted for only 1.5 hours. Not SEVERAL hours.

P.S. It was a HIPPO.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

... Needless to say, I am not happy with the situation that unfolded and are going to request compensation for several hours of interrupted calm in my cabin, much less the lack of sleep.

There are some people who think they should be compensated for everything they don't agree with, including demanding a full refund because someone farted in the same elevator they were in, thus exposing them to a noxious odor that left them traumatized and unable to enjoy their dinners for the rest of the cruise. OK, a bit of an exaggeration perhaps (or is it?), but you get the point.  If you want a cruise to go exactly your way 100% of the time, charter a yacht.  Otherwise, get a grip, be reasonable, and realize you are on a ship with 5,000+ other passengers, most of whom probably don't agree that the ship should be dead by 9:30 and have varying definitions of fun.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

OP - That wasn't a bad experience. That was a minor inconvenience.   You also stated several hours and it ended up only being an hour and a half.  To me it sounds like you went into the trip already annoyed by the fact that they canceled your original cruise.  I'm guessing you were not compensated for that so you went into this trip just looking for a reason to claim compensation.  Doesn't work that way...sorry.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m thinking this is a joke, right?  I don’t like noise and would have NEVER booked a Boardwalk cabin, no matter what limited inventory was available, that said, I think the OP is ridiculous,  it was over at 11, not unreasonable in my eyes or ears in this case.  Seriously you’re asking for compensation....good luck on that one.

Edited by suspaul
  • Like 3

OK, the OP doesn't deserve compensation from RCL for all the noise made. I think she got that after the first few posts.

But she probably deserves a few chocolate covered strawberries for all the "piling on" going on in this thread. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

58 minutes ago, KelSny1011 said:

OP - That wasn't a bad experience. That was a minor inconvenience.   You also stated several hours and it ended up only being an hour and a half.  To me it sounds like you went into the trip already annoyed by the fact that they canceled your original cruise.  I'm guessing you were not compensated for that so you went into this trip just looking for a reason to claim compensation.  Doesn't work that way...sorry.

I was also booked on one of the cancelled Oasis cruises (the TA - waaaaaaaaah!!!!!).   The compensation for the cancelled cruises was actually very nice and more than fair.  So, that's not it. 🙂

• Like 4

6 hours ago, hannahsnana said:

Inconviencing paying passengers for a crew party?!🙄😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, fyree39 said:

When there's a complaint, I usually side with the complainer since the cheerleaders come out in force.  In this case, I'm siding with the crew and their reward for a job well done.  To the OP, I think you need to accept the fact that you lost an hour of sleep.

On a much lighter note - I have  cat who looks exactly like yours.  His name is Joey.

4 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

OK, the OP doesn't deserve compensation from RCL for all the noise made. I think she got that after the first few posts.

But she probably deserves a few chocolate covered strawberries for all the "piling on" going on in this thread. 

She will complain that they have seeds or something. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

A good reminder for all of us, to think before blowing things out of proportion.

An extra hour for many crewmembers to enjoy a reward for their very hard work, vs. one guest wanting peace and quiet "right now," it is one's own fault for accepting a cabin on the boardwalk of a large ship.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, goldfish65 said:

A good reminder for all of us, to think before blowing things out of proportion.

An extra hour for many crewmembers to enjoy a reward for their very hard work, vs. one guest wanting peace and quiet "right now," it is one's own fault for accepting a cabin on the boardwalk of a large ship.

Exactly.  This is why we only book ocean balcony.  

• Like 2