Merged Topics - Server Errors

The Princess forum is down again but my Princess roll calls are working.  Déjà vu...or maybe another stuck record!  🤨 😳 

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

MySQL server has gone away

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. 
  • Like 1

Let me know if anyone is still getting the error - I was told it was an issue during maintenance yesterday and that it shouldn't be an issue any longer.  However I just wanted to double check that everyone is able to access their forums today 🙂

Happy Monday

6 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Let me know if anyone is still getting the error - I was told it was an issue during maintenance yesterday and that it shouldn't be an issue any longer.  However I just wanted to double check that everyone is able to access their forums today 🙂

Happy Monday

So far, no problems today Jenn.

• Thanks 1

Semi Live from (NCL) Harvest Caye, Belize, it's working now but wasn't and when I tried to post over satellite, it's frustrating as many are following us along. Is it possible to post an alert in advance of scheduled maintenance do we can take it into consideration. Thanks.

11 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Happy Monday

Thanks Jenn...will this be the routine notification during future maintenance?

12 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Happy Monday

OK now on my side of the Pond

JB :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks Jenn...will this be the routine notification during future maintenance?

I was told  this should not be an ongoing issue during maintenance.  Of course if we notice it again we can investigate further

20 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Semi Live from (NCL) Harvest Caye, Belize, it's working now but wasn't and when I tried to post over satellite, it's frustrating as many are following us along. Is it possible to post an alert in advance of scheduled maintenance do we can take it into consideration. Thanks.

If we know ahead of time that maintenance is scheduled and will impact the forums we will definitely post an announcement/alert.  In this particular case whatever maintenance was being done wasn't supposed to negatively impact use on the forums.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

If we know ahead of time that maintenance is scheduled and will impact the forums we will definitely post an announcement/alert.  In this particular case whatever maintenance was being done wasn't supposed to negatively impact use on the forums.

It wouldn't hurt to presume the worst and post a notice ahead of time. Knowing ahead of time that there might be a problem certainly makes me quite forgiving. Encountering a problem without any warning is frustrating.

• Like 1

I have a number of forums bookmarked on my MacBookPro, and I find that whenever I go to a "new" site after the computer has been asleep, CC will first refuse me entry: if it's a roll call  "you do not have permission to view this site", if a forum just "log in", then after a few seconds, CC will re-load and let me in.  I imagine this must use energy - especially if it is doing this for everyone?  Just wondering if this is a source of a problem, particularly on the weekends.

26 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I have a number of forums bookmarked on my MacBookPro, and I find that whenever I go to a "new" site after the computer has been asleep, CC will first refuse me entry: if it's a roll call  "you do not have permission to view this site", if a forum just "log in", then after a few seconds, CC will re-load and let me in.  I imagine this must use energy - especially if it is doing this for everyone?  Just wondering if this is a source of a problem, particularly on the weekends.

26 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I have ńo idea if that is related, but I get that "do not have permission" on whatever device I use, wait a minute or two and , viola, it's OK.