Merged Topics - Server Errors

2 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

same here, it's back again.  Interesting how this area of the boards is not affected.

I'm wondering the same thing.  Why is this the only forum I can access?

Roz

9 minutes ago, Roz said:

I'm wondering the same thing.  Why is this the only forum I can access?

Roz

I can also access the Europe ports boards, so I'm thinking that the boards with less activity aren't being affected... speculation on my part only.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

I can also access the Europe ports boards, so I'm thinking that the boards with less activity aren't being affected... speculation on my part only.  

I am able to access roll calls, but getting the server area notice when I try to access the individual cruise lines.

Whew, I was post "semi-limited live" for 2 weeks on the Escape and just disembarked this morning, and luckily enough, it wasn't a major outage but bad enough to cut my satellite minutes/MB data.  The cases of possible Noro-virus onboard apparently didn't worsen as I was giving the next Roll Call sailing out today, a heads up / FYI alert - actually gone to Twitter/another social media as a precaution, in case I wanted to post urgent update/time-sensitive info.  Luckily ... ship has a delayed embarkation today & still sitting at MCT/Pier 88, and not sure if they can post anything to the NCL forum and/or to the Roll Call on what's going on. 

Was just settling down @home to start post-cruise wrap up and answer some questions, and now this - again - very annoying/frustrating - as "routine" weekend maintenance & downtime "should not" result in these error(s) when website travel is likely high/normal ... again, no warning.  

"An Error occurred (500 error) 

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

MySQL server has gone away

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. " 

Well, hello - anyone at the 24/7 help/tech support desk ??

EDIT: Postscript - now I am seeing a 504 error, AWS's CloudFront gateway-timeout ... there is nothing wrong on end user's side, it's on CC's end.  

Edited by mking8288

This is the first time in weeks since I've had this problem. SQL strikes again on the Celebrity board!

The last time this happened to me was over a holiday. Tomorrow is also a Holiday... seems like a pattern? 😠

Edited by C-Dragons

It's back !!   And, as usual, only on the very popular boards.   This thread works fine, same for the Roll Calls, because they only get 10% of the traffic that the main cruise line boards get.   And it only happens on weekend evenings, when the traffic is the highest.'

This is strictly a problem of CC purchasing insufficient server capacity from their Cloud Front host.   This problem never happened with the old website.   When CC upgraded (and I use that term lightly) the website, I am thinking they moved to a new host.   CC needs to negotiate greater capacity for peak periods,  because this constant "SQL Server" error is driving away clients.   

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, TAD2005 said:

It's back !!   And, as usual, only on the very popular boards.   This thread works fine, same for the Roll Calls, because they only get 10% of the traffic that the main cruise line boards get.   And it only happens on weekend evenings, when the traffic is the highest.'

This is strictly a problem of CC purchasing insufficient server capacity from their Cloud Front host.   This problem never happened with the old website.   When CC upgraded (and I use that term lightly) the website, I am thinking they moved to a new host.   CC needs to negotiate greater capacity for peak periods,  because this constant "SQL Server" error is driving away clients.   

...sound of crickets chirping...

39 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I really miss being on the "Sail away" thread on HAL!!

LOL!  I blame it on the "hot" sail away threads that burn out CC on the weekends.   Actually, POA1 mentioned how the fact that CC always has to re-load every time you try to open a thread has to be wasting a lot of whatever it is that is needed, I can't remember exactly, but it does seem silly that every time that happens!

• Haha 1