Merged Topics - Server Errors

10 minutes ago, Diamond lover said:

Ya, me too.  I can get on all the other boards, but not Celebrity

Yes, it’s a known problem, going on right now.  Please feel free to post on the thread I linked above, no reason to duplicate the discussion. 

• Thanks 1

The First Time Cruisers board works.  Some of the PORTS OF CALL boards work and the Cunard forum will load but is slow.  The other boards I frequent (Norwegian and Carnival) are all dead.  I would have thought the issue would have been fixed by now because it was happening all day yesterday.

Hello everyone hope you're having a great day :classic_biggrin:  While your all waiting for the boards to come back up perhaps we should reminisce on some of the things we most enjoyed on your last cruise.  Me I'm a people watcher , I so enjoy watching the new cruisers in awe as they board that first time.:classic_biggrin:.  Oh and don't worry about cruise critic we're all waiting patiently and content while waiting for the boards to come back online.     

So there I'll bet you're all feeling better right about now .   Talley Ho !😜

• Haha 1

I remember when Cruise Critic was like this about 10 years ago.  

The boards were always down for one reason or another.

Guess it's backwards for Cruise Critic now.

Doesn't Trip Advisor "own" Cruise Critic?  Their website is never down.  I wonder if they know.  

Edited by mafig
additional comment

While we are piling on..there is a pesky issue that happens  on the X  roll calls. 

You try to sign in and get a message you are not authorized, please sign in again  and again..  CC aware but can't seem to fix it

Maybe a new troubleshooter is needed to  work on issues..sad!

23 minutes ago, hcat said:

You try to sign in and get a message you are not authorized, please sign in again  and again..  CC aware but can't seem to fix it

Last couple of weeks (when it works) forum loads and says sign in.  Before I can sign in, it reloads with me already signed in.  I always stay signed in.  Not sure who to tell.

I wonder if CC can get a refund, OBC or a future SQL credit from Oracle.

MySQL itself is not the problem. The problem is either the new forum software, operator error, hardware issues or a combination of those. If CC is outsourced then they could demand a refund from whoever is running it. Or they could be doing it in house. I doubt CC is running on a server in Laura’s office but you never know....likely the server is in the cloud. The team that Jenn has mentioned could be outsourced or in house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I think two days of almost straight outages, on top of the regular Sunday outages, on the main boards has confirmed no Live Review for me next week on Allure. 

That would be a real shame Andrew.

2 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

MySQL itself is not the problem. ...

Could be if it's misconfgured.  One of my clients use it for their website and it took them a while to get it configured correctly.

I haven't been able to get in the NCL forums for two days. This happens it seems once a month or two.  Is there another cruise forum/boards for cruisers that anyone can recommend other than CC?  Just curious.  You'd think they would spend some $ and make it a priority to do a major fix,  I mean with IT and all today this surprises me that they have had so many issues with the site.