Merged Topics - Server Errors

4 minutes ago, ecslady said:

But if you are already logged in, why do you log in again?

Because for some reason I get “kicked” out of the site. That’s the glitch part of it. 

It doesn’t happen often but when it does, resigning in is the solution. 

Glenn

5 minutes ago, Grburkart said:

Because for some reason I get “kicked” out of the site. That’s the glitch part of it. 

It doesn’t happen often but when it does, resigning in is the solution. 

Glenn

When I get kicked out,usually at work,  I do log in.  BUt this message error happened while I was logged in. I even checked to make sure I was logged in.  All the other threads worked fine.  Whatever, I just wanted to alert others of what happened to me. 

1 hour ago, ecslady said:

When I get kicked out,usually at work,  I do log in.  BUt this message error happened while I was logged in. I even checked to make sure I was logged in ... just wanted to alert others of what happened to me. 

I no longer need to worry about logging in via a terminal node at work, unless I'm not using my personal "devices" on the visitor/guest's SSiD network. 

I've noticed this repeated error while we're at sea for 2 weeks, earlier this month, over satellite links, unhappy camper trying to stay connected ... chalked it off as high latency & poor connectivity, but other sites appeared fine, but, didn't want to waste time/resources to deal with it. 

Now that we've been back for over a week+ ... still seeing it, mostly on mobile devices and wondering, if somehow - the traffic isn't being diverted or hijacked, intercepted somewhere - in between the host/servers & us (end users) ??  Key-logging comes to mind, anyone ??  Anti-virus & security settings are current, patched & updated - I am not (too) worried but ... 

I'll boot up the Linix Mint terminal later & see how it go on a Firefox browser to connect to CC.  

This is what happens to me, too.  The server takes a few seconds to recognize that I'm already logged in.  I think it has a lot to do with the internet connection and processor speed on the receiving end.  It should reload the page automatically, but if it doesn't, reload it manually with the reload link at the top left of the page near the url.

By receiving end you mean CC servers?
I’m finding it still very laborious to use CC. It’s really slow because of all the re logging in issues that happen automatically with each thread change I do and every time I go to CC after an absence of more than a few minutes I have to log in again. Same with tapatalk.

By receiving end you mean CC servers?
I’m finding it still very laborious to use CC. It’s really slow because of all the re logging in issues that happen automatically with each thread change I do and every time I go to CC after an absence of more than a few minutes I have to log in again. Same with tapatalk.

It has been a mess since the forum software switch. It doesn’t seem like any progress has been made to fix the issues. I can’t even tell if the community leaders comprehend the issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

image.thumb.png.c6b4e3396ac1fe8d76d8a446e43ff197.png

I had this error as well this afternoon.  It occurred just as I was making a post to my Roll Call.  I was unable to get back into the site for a good 30 minutes or so.  Thankfully, the new software for the site was able to recover my post when I finally got back on.    That is a thumbs up.  

• Like 1

I've been having this problem all day, too! Here we go again! And, you just can't help but notice that, while you are sitting there with your frozen screen (waiting for that inevitable error message to pop up), ALL of those pictures that we don't want to look at are loading just fine -- even when the 'message part of the board is not responding, at all!  It just makes me wonder: Where are CC's priorities, these days?:classic_unsure:

41 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I'm not getting specific error messages, but I am getting occasional blank pages that need to bve reloaded several times to display completely.

I’m getting this now as well. A totally blank white screen.  I’m trying to be patient, but I can’t think of any other web site that I visit regularly that has as many problems as this one.

I have the same two issues, and they seem to take turns if I am not getting the MYSQL error, then I get the white screen 500 error.  I also occasionally get a situation where it seems like the system logs me in then logs me out then logs me in.

I am thinking that the new software should be replaced with software that actually works.

I'm getting the message "This page will not load."  If I hit the back button, it takes me back to the main menu.  This is happening when I try to open a thread or when I try to go back to forum after reading the thread.  I can always get back in, but it is annoying to have to go through so many different steps to do so.