Merged Topics - Server Errors

9 minutes ago, Cruise_More_Often said:

Still having problems this morning. It sure would be nice if someone from CC would post an announcement about it. 

I experienced no problems this morning.  The problems of yesterday (and of several days ago) have just begun again, late this morning Eastern time -- can't access the big cruise line sub-forums.

Over the past few days I've had difficulty accessing the CC site.  I get frequent time outs with SQL error messages.  In fact it took me about 20 minutes of trying to just log on to CC this morning.   I am not experiencing this issue with any other sites.  Is there a problem at CC or a setting or something that is causing this stumble?  

Thanks.   

10 minutes ago, Cruise_More_Often said:

Still having problems this morning. It sure would be nice if someone from CC would post an announcement about it. 

Me too.  Keep getting the error message, and it takes forever to open a thread.

Roz

If you'll have a look down the page in this sub-forum, you'll see a bunch of threads about this.  The problem -- which has been on and off over several days (and has just recurred again) is on CC's end.  It's not on your end, there's no setting to change.    The main issue seems to be that the sub-forums for the big cruise lines (like HAL, Celebrity, NCL, and RCI) will not load.

We are all waiting for CC to fix whatever the problem is.

I've been getting this for days, but not for roll calls or the Floataway Lounge, etc.  I do get notification emails, so others are managing to post on the HAL forum.  But when I click on the "Go to this post" site on the email I get the same notification.  (And a lot of times, when I try to post on other forums, I get the "Saving" notification and a spinning wheel, but then it goes back to "Submit reply"  and I try over and over again, with no success.  

I don't know if this will post!:classic_rolleyes:

462570063_ScreenShot2019-01-02at8_57_52AM.thumb.png.612ac27925bb18f1f7523cbebfbbacf0.png

Aha!  It did post..  See if I can edit.

Edited by Vict0riann

Happy New Year!

Thanks all for posting/emailing with updates re: the server issues.

I am working with our team to figure out what is going on.    I am getting the same error when choosing a ship from a cruiseline forum (ie: Selecting Carnival Breeze from the main Carnival forum to see all posts about that ship)

Is anyone getting the error doing anything else besides what I described above? Or notice anything else that you do before that error occurs?  Thanks for your help 🙂  

• Like 1

We cannot even get into the cruise lines forums, or when we do, we get the error message when we click on a thread....after a long delay.  For me, this affects HAL, Princess, Cunard, Carnival, Celebrity.  I suspect it is the worst on the higher volume forums.  EM

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

We cannot even get into the cruise lines forums, or when we do, we get the error message when we click on a thread....after a long delay.  For me, this affects HAL, Princess, Cunard, Carnival, Celebrity.  I suspect it is the worst on the higher volume forums.  EM

So just clicking to the HAL forum or clicking a thread in the HAL forum will also produce the error for you - without selecting a ship from the drop down.

ETA:  that must be since I can recreate that issue myself

Thanks

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

So just clicking to the HAL forum or clicking a thread in the HAL forum will also produce the error for you - without selecting a ship from the drop down.

Any click onto any large lines produces the error - you can't get the to the main page of any large line.

SilverSea and smaller lines like that works fine.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Happy New Year!

Thanks all for posting/emailing with updates re: the server issues.

I am working with our team to figure out what is going on.    I am getting the same error when choosing a ship from a cruiseline forum (ie: Selecting Carnival Breeze from the main Carnival forum to see all posts about that ship)

Is anyone getting the error doing anything else besides what I described above? Or notice anything else that you do before that error occurs?  Thanks for your help 🙂  

Jenn, I tried several links from your home page, over the last 2 days.  As long as I don't try to go to a cruise line sub-forum, I can move around the CC web site.  However, if I try to go to a message board for any cruise line, the browser waits for a response, and I get the same error message everyone else has been getting.  This is in Chrome and Microsoft Edge, as well as Safari on my iphone.

I hope this gets resolved soon.  I can tell you I had a teeny moment of panic thinking I would lose CC forever!!!

• Thanks 1

Jenn, as I mentioned above, I am getting email notifications for the threads I am subscribed to.  For the HAL notifications, if I click on "Go to this post" I get the error message.  I think I did get through to the Floataway Lounge using the email, but then I deleted the email, so can't re-check.  Thanks for your assistance!

• Thanks 1

I noticed this starting on Dec 30.  During the early day hours (EST) the response time is OK.  In the evenings, any selection on a major cruise line in the forums usually returns the "My SQL Server has Gone Away" error message.  If you keep hitting the "Try Again" button, you can finally get the thread you are requesting.  But sometimes I also get another error message from a "Cloud" which must be the new host for the website.   Once you get to a thread, it loads and you can read all of the posts.  But if the thread has multiple pages, when you click on "Next Page", the SQL Server error pops back up after a couple of minutes.  This sure appears to a limited capacity problem on the host server.     

@CC Help Jenn - I am starting to get SQL 500 error now, again - on the NCL forum - I can scroll thru the pages & see the thread titles just fine, but as soon as I click a thread and try to read, the hourglass begin to spin & then, SQL error message pop-up ...

Here is a screenshot that I just capture ... late last night, Eastern Time, it seemed fine.  On the NCL Escape Roll Call this month, a very active & busy one and it is posting fine, being read.  East Coast forum is fine, but traffic (posts) had been down lately.  Also tried to use Tapatalk to access & read and not getting in, different web browsers used & same results, cache & cookies cleared & reset. 

CC - NCL - Thread - SQL 500 error.jpg

I did finally get into the HAL forum from an email notification, very slowly - and remembered another problem I was having.  There are some threads that just won't let me reply.  I click on "Submit reply" and "Saving" comes up, but after a few seconds the "Submit reply" message re-appears.  This keeps happening, however many times I submit reply.

This thread is letting me reply!  So far..