What has the Diamond Concierge ever done?

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 5:25 PM, taglovestocruise said:

never have.

They have done little things like getting us specialty reservations when the venue was booked solid,  they have taken care of removing bogus charges on our sea pass account.  Biggest thing ever was on our last cruise on Symphony.  We had booked the Disney transport excursion. The bus left over a hour late waiting on guests to show up, left Disney Park a few hours earlier then expected because of major road work on the highway leading back to the ship. Spent three hours in Disney instead of 6.  Talked to the concierge when we returned and complained. We were instantly give a full refund of the transport cost and a full refund for the Disney park tickets. Total was over $325.00, no questions asked and the refund was a fully refundable OBC. We had a specialty restaurant booked that we paid full price for because we wanted a certain date for our Anniversary,  once onboard we were able to use a BOGO package night for our special night at Wonderland and the concierge was able to make the switch and gave us the full $98 refund as another refundable OBC.  We had pre paid Grats from our TA, plus a additional OBC.  First time ever we walked off the ship with over $600.00 refunded to our cc.  Yes the concierge can make things happen.  

And yet you didn't tip him/her?

11 hours ago, Big_G said:

Thanks. If it was Mario Reyes he was our very first suite concierge on Liberty. I didn't realize he was still with the company. He was awesome at his job.

Yeah, been on Serenade few yrs now. Still one of the best!

• Like 2

Apparently they have more pull than it may seem! A RCL Concierge told me that on the ship everyone from the Capt. down must respond to their emails/requests (by that I believe that he meant that they are not ever ignored). For example, I have known a concierge to call the activities staff together with the director in two to immediately address issues related to suite and top-tier guest issues/complaints. And they make efforts that are often times not obvious - like when 2 ships are scheduled for the same day at CocoCay and someone forgot to inform those ships so that both ships fully booked all the venues (so that the island is double booked); it this case, it will be the concierge who steps in and see’s that the “sort” of which guests are cancelled is not a random one. 😊

On 6/25/2019 at 3:39 PM, arkking said:

We turn diamond on first part of b2b. Can they change us to diamond for 2nd leg. 

you will need to speak to the Loyalty Ambassador when you are on board. Go to the LA at the beginning of you your first cruise. The Concierge cannot do anything with Crown and Anchor status changes.

Edited by BEENSAILING

12 hours ago, juncos said:

A lot just got off the Adventure 2 weeks ago Cristopher Dohookit was the man complaint about something (didnt happen)

got 2 bottles of chanpaine share with our friends in the diamond club,got charge in the bar for a drink before 8:00 PM,

was removed

He made sure we were happy,A lot they can do..Thanks Chris.....

They made sure your cruise is a happy one within reason....

SAM_0456.JPG

Had a chance to sail with Christopher on Explorer 2 years ago in Alaska.  Very nice concierge and made sure you had a wonderful time.  

18 hours ago, juncos said:

A lot just got off the Adventure 2 weeks ago Christopher Dhookit was the man complaint about something (didnt happen)

got 2 bottles of chanpaine share with our friends in the diamond club,got charge in the bar for a drink before 8:00 PM,

was removed

He made sure we were happy,A lot they can do..Thanks Chris.....

He is a great concierge. Very pleasant and helpful.

I wear suspenders to keep my trousers from falling off. Once I forgot to pack them. Asked the concierge about my problem.

He said he would call the tailor on the ship.  By the time I got back to my cabin, there were suspenders waiting for me.

I was on a B2B cruise, there was a big time noro outbreak on the first cruise, and I had it. The next cruise I mentioned that I had been sick.  He asked why I hadn't called him. I said I did not want to bother him. He said that was what he was there for. 

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mo&fran said:

I wear suspenders to keep my trousers from falling off. Once I forgot to pack them. Asked the concierge about my problem.

He said he would call the tailor on the ship.  By the time I got back to my cabin, there were suspenders waiting for me. ...

That's a good one, haven't heard that before!😉

20 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I would not consider them to be time wasters and would be polite to them like I am to all cruise members.

Different people have different opinions! 👍

You can very politely  tell them - if they call again without an important cause ... they are in trouble! 😜

2 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Different people have different opinions! 👍

You can very politely  tell them - if they call again without an important cause ... they are in trouble! 😜

We have stressful jobs so cruising like all our holidays is a time to chill and enjoy ourselves and rarely does anything bother us.

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

He said he would call the tailor on the ship.  By the time I got back to my cabin, there were suspenders waiting for me.

I was on a B2B cruise, there was a big time noro outbreak on the first cruise, and I had it. The next cruise I mentioned that I had been sick.  He asked why I hadn't called him. I said I did not want to bother him. He said that was what he was there for. 

Both my DH and I got the flu on Anthem in January and were quarantined.  I wish I had thought to call the concierge to help get us bottled water, will have to keep that in mind if it happens again.  We could get free room service but they charged for bottled water, even though we both had the refreshment package.  We knew that packages don't work for room service but there should be an exception for those quarantined.  One of us sneaking out was not an option as our cards were red flagged.  

4 hours ago, JBSteelerfan said:

Our most recent on Radiance, well, she didn't do much.  But MJ on Liberty last year, was excellent and very helpful!

MJ on Liberty is one of my favorites.  He was our Concierge in the DL on FR a couples.  Wish he was on a Florida based ship so we could sail with him.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JBSteelerfan said:

Our most recent on Radiance, well, she didn't do much.  But MJ on Liberty last year, was excellent and very helpful!

Getting ready to go on Radiance next week-who was she? Was the lounge crowded? Thx

2 hours ago, zanydoc said:

Getting ready to go on Radiance next week-who was she? Was the lounge crowded? Thx

Sorry, took me awhile to remember her name!!  It was Eliana.  She was pleasant enough, WHEN she looked up from her desk, but just never really interacted with the guests or helped in the lounge, like MJ does on Liberty.

Crowded?   Extremely.....so much so that the WHOLE Starquest lounge was taken over each night as an overflow.  And even with all that space, there will still a few nights it took some time to find someplace to sit.  But that was the HNL to YVR cruise, so a lot of higher tier members on that cruise.