Never Again on RCCL! Poor Customer Service!

I kind of feel at this point you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.  I'd book a cruise with RC rather than lose $1400.  That's just me though and it's your choice.  

It makes no sense to me, but there are lots of things that don't make sense to me.  Enjoy your Carnival cruises, oh, and by the way, don't book Easy Pay on them because you will lose the same $100 as your are losing now. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, gooselover said:

You all ask why I am posting now.  As I said, I booked this in October 2018.  In January, when my son changed his job and could not get off this October 2019 for the cruise, I immediately called RCL and asked for a refund.  It was THEN that I discovered this was a NRD.  I was shocked.  Again, we have cruised with RCL before on a couple occasions.  Nothing on the website said NRD nor did the rep say anything.  Never before have I booked with RCL was there a nonrefundable deposit that I booked!  I disputed with my credit card, RCL denied it.  My credit card company said they could not make RCL pull a recording (if there was one).  NOW, why I am posting NOW is because I got an email regarding final payment.  I immediately called RCL and stated my case again, what had transpired, etc.  I even asked the CSR with RCL about pulling the recording.  She said she would ask her supervisor - supervisor denied the request.  I was then told that I could cancel cruise and lose my $2000 or keep it and move it to another date for a penalty of $600.  May, who I was talking to, was very empathetic to the situation - her supervisor was not.  I elected to cancel the cruise.  This is why I am just posting this now.  It was final payment due - the email came yesterday about final payment. 

So you would rather lose all your money vs just selecting a different date and paying the $100 per person? You are only hurting yourself. Any company will gladly take your money and not have to provide and services. 

Take the cruise. I understand your anger but why cut off your nose to spite your face. You are giving Royal $2000 and not getting anything back in return.

At least make them work for their money.

It was going to cost me $600 more to change dates - Penalty of $100 each.  Due to their lack of concern or responsibility about all this, I elected to cancel.  Being in business for MYSELF, this is no way to act or to become "loyal to Royal" as you all say.   I am not going to give them any more money.  I am done with them.   BTW, we are Diamond on RCL.  Is this the way you would treat YOUR clients or customers?  It's not in my book.  And I am certainly not going to give them another $600 for their mistake.

Edited by gooselover
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, gooselover said:

It was going to cost me $600 more to change dates - Penalty of $100 each.  Due to their lack of concern or responsibility about all this, I elected to cancel Being in business for MYSELF, this is no way to act or to become "loyal to Royal" as you all say.   I am not going to give them any more money.  I am done with them.   BTW, we are Diamond on RCL.  Is this the way you would treat YOUR clients or customers?  It's not in my book.  And I am certainly not going to give them another $600 for their mistake.

That'll teach them.

This was your mistake just as much as you blame the company. Not your first rodeo. You should have known that there were two ways to book

$600 certainly isn't the end of the world. I sure wouldn't forfet the whole amount of deposit

Edited by cruisinfanatic
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, gooselover said:

You all ask why I am posting now.  As I said, I booked this in October 2018.  In January, when my son changed his job and could not get off this October 2019 for the cruise, I immediately called RCL and asked for a refund.  It was THEN that I discovered this was a NRD.  I was shocked.  Again, we have cruised with RCL before on a couple occasions.  Nothing on the website said NRD nor did the rep say anything.  Never before have I booked with RCL was there a nonrefundable deposit that I booked!  I disputed with my credit card, RCL denied it.  My credit card company said they could not make RCL pull a recording (if there was one).  NOW, why I am posting NOW is because I got an email regarding final payment.  I immediately called RCL and stated my case again, what had transpired, etc.  I even asked the CSR with RCL about pulling the recording.  She said she would ask her supervisor - supervisor denied the request.  I was then told that I could cancel cruise and lose my $2000 or keep it and move it to another date for a penalty of $600.  May, who I was talking to, was very empathetic to the situation - her supervisor was not.  I elected to cancel the cruise.  This is why I am just posting this now.  It was final payment due - the email came yesterday about final payment. 

6 minutes ago, gooselover said:

It was going to cost me $600 more to change dates - Penalty of $100 each.  Due to their lack of concern or responsibility about all this, I elected to cancel.  Being in business for MYSELF, this is no way to act or to become "loyal to Royal" as you all say.   I am not going to give them any more money.  I am done with them.   BTW, we are Diamond on RCL.  Is this the way you would treat YOUR clients or customers?  It's not in my book.  And I am certainly not going to give them another $600 for their mistake.

I understand that you are upset, but the facts seem to be changing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, gooselover said:

BTW, we are Diamond on RCL.  Is this the way you would treat YOUR clients or customers? 

Not for nothing but you might want to update your signature.  You're missing a lot of cruises. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just did a mock booking....your eyes go to the we select your room or you select your room.  However, down at the bottom, in fine print, it does say nonrefundable.  My eyes never went down there.  My eyes are on the top on picking a room.  However, since it has been about 3 years since we have taken a cruise, I will say this, I never saw this before on booking with RCL.  This is something new to me and very deceiving.

Edited by gooselover
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, gooselover said:

I just did a mock booking....your eyes go to the we select your room or you select your room.  However, down at the bottom, in fine print, it does say nonrefundable.  My eyes never went down there.  My eyes are on the top on picking a room.

Also, when you get to the end where the final price with taxes are, it specifies refundable or not

Edited by cruisinfanatic
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Not for nothing but you might want to update your signature.  You're missing a lot of cruises. 

Their posting history agrees with their first statement that they have a couple of Royal Caribbean cruises, Liberty and Allure.  

12 minutes ago, gooselover said:

I just did a mock booking....your eyes go to the we select your room or you select your room.  However, down at the bottom, in fine print, it does say nonrefundable.  My eyes never went down there.  My eyes are on the top on picking a room.  However, since it has been about 3 years since we have taken a cruise, I will say this, I never saw this before on booking with RCL.  This is something new to me and very deceiving.

Just because your eyes don’t go to it doesn’t make it deceiving. You want to place all them blame on them when some of the fault lies with you as well. 

Again you aren’t hurting anyone but yourself by giving them your 2k. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Their posting history agrees with their first statement that they have a couple of Royal Caribbean cruises, Liberty and Allure.  

Wish I could have made Diamond after a couple of cruises.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

We always use a TA for our bookings, since we get more perks that way.  

The first thing we get we get from our TA, is an authorization form that we must sign and return to them, before they charge our card. It clearly lists the prices, and perks we will receive. It also has, in very large print, if the deposit is or is not refundable. 

After receiving the authorization, they complete the booking and confirm our reservation, and provide our booking number. 

Actually surprised that Royal would not follow this same, two step process. 

38 minutes ago, gooselover said:

I haven't posted on cruise critic for years.  We have taken more than the one my signature is showing.  No, I haven't updated it.

Years?  Sorry, but with this misinformation, I have to wonder how much you actually knew about the NRD. I don't believe you’re diamond and your posting history says Nov 2018 prior to this thread. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gooselover said:

FYI, we have been on Oasis and another on Liberty since.  I have not updated my signature, etc.  3x we have been in Jr. Suites and one balcony.

So, 3 times 14 is 42 and 7 for the balcony totals 49.  Diamond is 80.

We understand you are upset that you weren't told that you booked a non refundable deposit cruise and you didn't read it on your confirm, but making up facts makes no sense.

• Like 4