Does this bother anyone else?

UrbanGirlie

Hi all-

On Royal Princess now (1st Princess Cruise  after cruising most other major lines!)

Love the Medallion features, using the app and keyless door entry. 

BUT:

Does anyone have privacy concerns with your names (including minor children’s names) being displayed on your stateroom placards?  I thought that once everyone was settled in after the 1st day that the names would disappear, but it looks like no.  

I’m not a hyper vigilant person to begin with but I was just wondering if other had concerns?

UG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It's never bothered me.  As it's always been this way (I think) on the cruises I've taken.  But, I do understand your point.  I think you can remove them.  I have often wondered if you do remove them, does the room steward replace them?

Counting down the days!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UrbanGirlie said:

Hi all-

On Royal Princess now (1st Princess Cruise  after cruising most other major lines!)

BUT:

Does anyone have privacy concerns with your names (including minor children’s names) being displayed on your stateroom placards?  I thought that once everyone was settled in after the 1st day that the names would disappear, but it looks like no.  

I’m not a hyper vigilant person to begin with but I was just wondering if other had concerns?

UG

I don’ have concerns but then we don’t travel with children.  However if I did have concerns I would request to have the names not shown. Just a matter of going to PSD and making the request. 

23 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

I believe Princess has always done this. I believe it reduces the amount of "misdirected" mail. But, if it bothers you, just remove it. 

You can’t remove it as it’s digital.  Name and loyalty status (colored medallion) are displayed underneath in pic.....

2E717634-596F-4C8C-9C25-7535D7A202B0.jpeg

• Like 1

I don't like it and see no real purpose. At the very least you should have the choice, display or not display.  Names, photos also, are private and I believe that the cruise line should respect that.

Suggest you include in your post cruise survey.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

No, it doesn't bother me, at all.  On the other hand, I have no right to compel others to agree with my opinion.

I am really surprised that you can't change that display--either through your mobile phone/tablet or through your cabin TV.  If you have made inquiries--either of your steward or the passenger services desk--and have had that confirmed, then, as Skynight has suggested, you should make your point in the post cruise survey.  I know that others share your concern.

It would be trivial for the system to be configured to display guest information only when a proper Medallion is present; passenger or crew member with a legitimate purpose for seeing them.

That said, I don't really have a problem with it personally. But I get it. People post their entire lives on Facebook, but God forbid their names are displayed on a cabin door...

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, UrbanGirlie said:

Hi all-

BUT:

UG

If you take your medallion to the board by the elevator and do a search for for your cabin mate, does it automatically indicate you cabin number & location to find them ?

It did so in the past & I'm still curious if they've changed things of not. 

6 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

If you take your medallion to the board by the elevator and do a search for for your cabin mate, does it automatically indicate you cabin number & location to find them ?

I’ll check it out today sometime....

4 hours ago, UrbanGirlie said:

Hi all-

BUT:

UG

Always remove mine on day 1 after I meet Stewart.  

Edited by Kingofcool1947

4 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Always remove mine on day 1 after I meet Stewart.  

Ok - I did see another cabin with no names/status on my deck this morning, meaning it can be removed if requested, which is great.

Like I said, as an adult I don’t really have a problem with it but for children it’s a different situation IMHO.

UG

27 minutes ago, UrbanGirlie said:

Ok - I did see another cabin with no names/status on my deck this morning, meaning it can be removed if requested, which is great.

Like I said, as an adult I don’t really have a problem with it but for children it’s a different situation IMHO.

UG

Or the cabin is empty.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

It does show exactly where they are on the ship, so nothing has changed I guess...

• Like 1