What's wrong with this website? (Cruise Critic)

SumoCitrus

2 hours ago, ski ww said:

And here I thought I had a problem for the last couple of days, glad to hear it's not only me. 

Same for me.  

Fingers crossed, but so far this morning I haven't got an error message.  Maybe the problem is fixed?

On 8/4/2019 at 4:04 PM, Crazy For Cats said:

For several weeks I can not log into CC on my tablet.  I can view everything.  The icon to sign in are there but do not respond.  No problem on the laptop.  My preferred method to check in is the tablet since it can be done while watching tv or sitting outside.

Same here.... I can see everything but can't log in to comment, etc.

9 hours ago, Shih-tzu said:

Same here.... I can see everything but can't log in to comment, etc.

Have you tried going to the main page (cruisecritic.com) and logging in there?

That’s the only way it seems to work until the bugs are worked out.  Once you log in, just click boards and you can get back to the HAL board.

On 8/6/2019 at 7:19 AM, kazu said:

Have you tried going to the main page (cruisecritic.com) and logging in there?

That’s the only way it seems to work until the bugs are worked out.  Once you log in, just click boards and you can get back to the HAL board.

Just tried doing that....if you can see this post, it worked!!!

• Like 1

The last few days the 500 error message has been blessedly MIA. But late this afternoon (eastern time) there was a new one. More precisely, an old one made a triumphant return: the Gateway 504 error message made several appearances on my laptop.

It's like playing Whack-a-Mole with the problems.

Having been away for 30 days, I return and still find that when I directly access the CC Message Boards the page that appears is the one that lists that day's birthdays.  Just as what was happening 30 days ago.  Progress in making improvements?  Don't think so.  I have found a work-around by opening past posts sent to my e-mail in- box  and then accessing CC's Message Boards. 

28 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Having been away for 30 days, I return and still find that when I directly access the CC Message Boards the page that appears is the one that lists that day's birthdays.  Just as what was happening 30 days ago.  Progress in making improvements?  Don't think so.  I have found a work-around by opening past posts sent to my e-mail in- box  and then accessing CC's Message Boards. 

"The page that appears is the one that lists that day's birthdays" is the main boards page, isn't it?  I'm not following what the issue is.  From that page, it is one click to get to any forum you want on any desktop.

2 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

"The page that appears is the one that lists that day's birthdays" is the main boards page, isn't it?  I'm not following what the issue is.  From that page, it is one click to get to any forum you want on any desktop.

I tried what you suggested.  It did not work on my Dell desktop with Windows 10.  Thanks for your attempt to help.

Assuming you want the HAL forum as your starting page...

—> Click on this link.

—> Bookmark the page.

You can now either get directly to this forum from the bookmark or start typing “boards” and the HAL forum will pop up.

Good luck!

Edited by *Miss G*