Staying on ship post cruise for a few hours? Can you prebook this?

I'm not sure which forum I read this but is there a package that you can get to stay on ship until 1 or 2pm? We have late flights out of Tampa in November and wouldn't mind spending extra dollars to just relax on ship after our transatlantic. 

They were offering it in the Med, but never saw it for US ports

I think it was around $40 per person, and if you had the internet package, they would extend it for the day.  You still had to be out of your cabin early, though

This is only for European sailings...and you still have to be OUT of your cabin mighty early.  In Tampa, they want you gone ASAP...abut 10am is the latest, and that means 2 hours hanging out in public areas.  Nothing is open...everyone is busy getting ready for the next batch of cruisers.

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, little britain said:

Update for @Host Clarea - on several X cruises from FLL there is now a Stay Longer programme. It is about $69pp.  X claiming they have got special permission for this... so it may be coming to RCI soon?  Watch this space!

Interesting, thanks for the info.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, little britain said:

Update for @Host Clarea - on several X cruises from FLL there is now a Stay Longer programme. It is about $69pp.  X claiming they have got special permission for this... so it may be coming to RCI soon?  Watch this space!

We were on the Equinox, out of FLL, in September. This was not an option then.

2 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

Lingering is not as much fun as you imagine.  You will need to be OUT of the cabin by 8:30, breakfast is earlier than normal on departure day, and any service you've come to expect is conspicuously  missing on the last morning.

This sums it up.  Unless they start opening more venues when charging for this, departure day just isn't a pleasant time to hang around doing nothing.

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Port Everglades will be offering this by next April at the latest for Celebrity according to LB’s post.

Maybe for Celebrity but not for Royal..... I will check with my Celebrity contact as well as CBP.  Not sure how this will work as they want 0 count onboard before we can even board the back to backs....

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Carnival used to interport between New Orleans and Tampa. Late 90's

That was our very first cruise in 1998, a week at Disney and a weeks cruise on Carnival Celebration from Tampa. We picked it because we wanted to see New Orleans. It got us hooked!

4 minutes ago, kernow said:

That was our very first cruise in 1998, a week at Disney and a weeks cruise on Carnival Celebration from Tampa. We picked it because we wanted to see New Orleans. It got us hooked!

That's about when we sailed her. Once out of Tampa and once out of New Orleans. We were living in Huntsville AL then.

13 minutes ago, mscinmia said:

Maybe for Celebrity but not for Royal..... I will check with my Celebrity contact as well as CBP.  Not sure how this will work as they want 0 count onboard before we can even board the back to backs....

They obviously have received whatever clearance and exceptions they needed as they are offering it for sale.  If it can be done on Celebrity it can be done on Royal....whether it is or not that is a different subject.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mscinmia said:

That's what I said - it is being offered for X.......on my cruise in April and on a few others around that date.

Extend Your Stay

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Not quite ready to say goodbye? Neither are we. Extend your vacation a few extra hours.

Overview

Not quite ready to say goodbye? Neither are we. Extend your vacation a few extra hours. Let us store your luggage while you relax by the pool and sip on a cocktail from your Classic Beverage package. Relax with a massage at the spa. There's so much more you can do. So, there's no need to rush to leave the ship. With Extend Your Stay, you can take your time and return home completely rejuvenated. Plus, we can arrange private or group transportation for you to the airport for an additional fee. FT97

From*55.89GBP Adult

31.59GBP Child

Edited by little britain
  • Thanks 1

So I was able to get some info on the program.  I think it is great for those that have late flights..... You learn something new everyday.   

You will have to get off the ship with your luggage and go thru customs , and then drop your luggage at the suite luggage entrance and meet the shorex staff and wait in the general boarding area till 0 count. You board back with your original sea pass card before general boarding commences....You need to be off the ship 90 minutes before the next sailing.  You will then collect your luggage.  This is only for Celebrity Terminal 25.