Oasis Refurb

3 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

Another view of the extended deck 15 / new cabin area.

Photo by Noah.

<picture removed intentionally>

From my understanding of the layouts, something like this would not be possible on Harmony and Symphony without blocking views from inside the Solarium, correct?

22 minutes ago, soremekun said:

From my understanding of the layouts, something like this would not be possible on Harmony and Symphony without blocking views from inside the Solarium, correct?

Correct, Harmony and Symphony have been built differently with an enclosed area above the bridge.

3 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

Another view of the extended deck 15 / new cabin area.

Photo by Noah.

FB_IMG_1570452037352.jpg

Such a shame! Looks absolutely ugly, adds again more people and takes away the nice outdoor space. We will definitely not cruise on Oasis and Allure again after this is done.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Grumpus said:

Has RCCL confirmed what's going to be above these new cabins - open deck, solarium, roof only?

I assume non-accessible roof only or they enlarge the enclosed solarium but I don‘t believe this is feasible.

6 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

I assume non-accessible roof only or they enlarge the enclosed solarium but I don‘t believe this is feasible.

If so, I'm thinking that will really kill the forward view from the solarium, not to even mention the additional lost open deck space.  I'll be sailing in December so I'll be experiencing the changes soon.  Could be my last on Oasis if the ship feels like a sardine can.

2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Correct, Harmony and Symphony have been built differently with an enclosed area above the bridge.

I guess it could be done... it would require a new pool and hot tubs on Symphony and Harmony, but they could raise it all as one level instead of the step down there is now.

On 10/3/2019 at 8:38 PM, Lloyd555 said:

We don't need to take a poll to find out that some people aren't fond of this pole and its twin at the rear of the ship. 😜

Photo by David 

20191003_180208.jpg

😔😔😢😢😢😔😔

20 hours ago, soremekun said:

The "open space" is only on Oasis and Allure. On Harmony and Symphony that area is part of the lower level of the Solarium. Only the space above the wing bridges is open. So to add cabins there on Harmony/Symphony they need to "tear" down the lower level of the Solarium which would require a whole new roof construction as the Solarium roof is covering both decks, 15 and 14.

steamboats

18 hours ago, renza said:

So I guess there will not be any bridge views on each wing. That sucks. 

The Solarium should be expanded to include the entire roof of the new cabin area, including the bridge wings, but until it's done we won't know for sure.

• Like 2

First off, I'm not too worried about the open space in front of the Solarium.  On the Allure I think we went out there once, got blasted by wind and then went back inside.  

Secondly, thank you Lloyd for the pictures!  I don't know how you do it, but you are the king of getting construction photos for us cruise fans to geek out on.  I appreciate it!

• Like 2