Oasis Refurb

Work on area of deck 14 & 15 area above the bridge.

In the 1st photo from Royal Caribbean's Press Center, some large sections are visible. In the second photo, the edge of a large section can be seen in the foreground.

DECK 14 and 15b.jpg

DECK 14 and 15a.jpg

Alexander Sawaya 1.jpg

DECK 14 and 15.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, steamboats said:

El Loco Fresh is free, the burger place Portside BBQ is upcharge. That one replace the teens outside area and disco.

steamboats

Is that part of the teen's area (The Living Room and The Back Deck) getting moved elsewhere, or is the teen's space simply being consolidated to just Fuel?

6 minutes ago, MightyMike said:

Is that part of the teen's area (The Living Room and The Back Deck) getting moved elsewhere, or is the teen's space simply being consolidated to just Fuel?

New teen area is the new slides😉

Edited by John&LaLa

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

650 sq ft Ultimate Panoramic suite with balcony being added 

Originally I thought the bridge wings would be the balconies for the new suites, but it appears they are completely double-decking the bridge including the bridge wings.  This means there should still be open bridge wings on Deck 15, and the new suites will completely encompass the bridge wings, with the balcony just behind the bridge wing area.

9 hours ago, MightyMike said:

The Back Deck (outside area) and The Living Room are being replaced by Portside BBQ. The only teens area left will be the former Fuel (plus the Challengers Arcade). I remember that my DD said that hardly any teens showed up and most of the activities never happened anyway. So maybe the space was underused.

But they also cut down the space now used by Adventure Ocean on deck 14 forward to add cabins.

steamboats

1 minute ago, steamboats said:

The Back Deck (outside area) and The Living Room are being replaced by Portside BBQ. The only teens area left will be the former Fuel (plus the Challengers Arcade). I remember that my DD said that hardly any teens showed up and most of the activities never happened anyway. So maybe the space was underused.

But they also cut down the space now used by Adventure Ocean on deck 14 forward to add cabins.

steamboats

There is now a "Secret Entrance" with a "Back Deck" area. Where will the ping-pong be? I really hope they keep ping-pong, as it is my brother's favorite activity.

2 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

There is now a "Secret Entrance" with a "Back Deck" area. Where will the ping-pong be? I really hope they keep ping-pong, as it is my brother's favorite activity.

The Ping Pong was a separate area from "The Back Deck". There were two glass enclosed ovals with three ping pong tables each. I´m pretty sure that one will go away but the other will stay.

steamboats

9 minutes ago, steamboats said:

The Ping Pong was a separate area from "The Back Deck". There were two glass enclosed ovals with three ping pong tables each. I´m pretty sure that one will go away but the other will stay.

steamboats

I think they will keep both of them. On the top, is the Oasis (post dry-dock deck plans), and the bottom, Symphony. See how Symphony of the Seas only labels one of the Table Tennis ovals. And since Portside BBQ will basically replace The Living Room, and on the Harmony, there was a basically unused part of the teens space that I think either might be the secret entrance on Oasis, or part of Portside BBQ. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 2.51.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 2.52.49 AM.png

Edited by jbethel11
Top and bottom, not left and right.

29 minutes ago, Frankmac said:

I've heard that the Champagne Bar will be replaced with a Bionic bar. What a crime!

Nah... getting that one drink at Bionic bar is the coolest... then you realize that you paid WAY too much for a Long Island and you sink into a depression.

At least you get a cool "show!"

9 hours ago, OACAggie said:

How are they able to add so many new cabins with regards to life boat occupancy?

I don't know if this is the case with Oasis of the Seas, but during the recent refurbishment of the Celebrity Summit, they reduced the maximum occupancy of numerous existing cabins. Cabins such as the one we were in went from having a sofabed to just a sofa. That reduced the maximum occupancy by one. That, when combined with the excess lifeboat capacity, allowed them to add more cabins without adding lifeboats. 

• Thanks 1

@jbethel11 on the Symphony there´s only one oval for table tennis as the other space is used by EL Loco Fresh as seating area. On the Oasis the one located near El Loco Fresh might be gone. The Back Deck will be the al fresco seating area for Portside BBQ. The oval is next to The Back Deck so it might stay there. Still not sure what you are referring to "the secret entrance". There´s an entrance to The Fuel from the outer deck but you can also access it from the inside. And there´s an exit from The Living Room to The Back Deck.

steamboats

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

@jbethel11 on the Symphony there´s only one oval for table tennis as the other space is used by EL Loco Fresh as seating area. On the Oasis the one located near El Loco Fresh might be gone. The Back Deck will be the al fresco seating area for Portside BBQ. The oval is next to The Back Deck so it might stay there. Still not sure what you are referring to "the secret entrance". There´s an entrance to The Fuel from the outer deck but you can also access it from the inside. And there´s an exit from The Living Room to The Back Deck.

steamboats

It was mentioned in the press release along with a new outdoor teen area. 

Teens can rejoice in their more off-the-grid hangout. With exclusive features like a “hidden” entrance, gaming lounge, movies, music, and a new, laidback outdoor deck, teens are free to engage however and whenever without interruption.

http://m.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1396/oasis-of-the-seas-the-ship-that-changed-the-game-set-for-royal-caribbeanrsquos-largest-amplification-yet/

57 minutes ago, orlandok said:

It was mentioned in the press release along with a new outdoor teen area. 

Teens can rejoice in their more off-the-grid hangout. With exclusive features like a “hidden” entrance, gaming lounge, movies, music, and a new, laidback outdoor deck, teens are free to engage however and whenever without interruption.

http://m.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1396/oasis-of-the-seas-the-ship-that-changed-the-game-set-for-royal-caribbeanrsquos-largest-amplification-yet/

But then they have to move the outdoor area to the middle... I don´t see that there is enough space for it.

steamboats