Lovely laundry notes on the Noordam

St. Louis Sal

We took a cruise to Alaska this summer on the Noordam.  I'm lucky enough to be a 4-star Mariner and I love my free laundry.  But this was a first for me; each time my laundry arrived back in my cabin, it came with a note.  The first one said "Welcome to Alaska  We care for the cloths you wear".  It was handwritten and signed by a member of the Laundry team. I got one attached with each of my deliveries.  It was a nice gesture and I enjoyed reading them to see what they would say!  Has anyone else gotten laundry "love" notes?

St. Louis Sal

• Like 4

2 hours ago, St. Louis Sal said:

We took a cruise to Alaska this summer on the Noordam.  I'm lucky enough to be a 4-star Mariner and I love my free laundry.  But this was a first for me; each time my laundry arrived back in my cabin, it came with a note.  The first one said "Welcome to Alaska  We care for the cloths you wear".  It was handwritten and signed by a member of the Laundry team. I got one attached with each of my deliveries.  It was a nice gesture and I enjoyed reading them to see what they would say!  Has anyone else gotten laundry "love" notes?

St. Louis Sal

Yes,

We had one on Maasdam recently and made sure we noted the name on one of our "share your thoughts" cards to complement the laundry service. Although you rarely get to see these hard working staff members, they deserve a thumbs up!

Got some lovely notes on the Prinsendam.  It was the first time I saw it.  It is a really nice touch 🙂 

Also, totally agree with the thank you on the comments section of the laundry form.  I’ve always done that.

2 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

A smart, new fleetwide program. Remember them when you are tipping extra!

That's probably part of the motivation for the notes, but hey, I'm onboard with that!  I love any opportunity to have a little "one-on-one" interaction with the wonderful crew members.  The short but personal connections are part of my enjoyment of cruising.

~Nancy

We always put a big THANK YOU on our laundry order form.

We always give the laundry service a "10" on surveys … the few missteps we've experienced with the service in no way affect our appreciation for the long hours, hard work, and usually perfect service we receive

We always use the comment cards for the front desk to give kudos to the laundry teams ...

BUT we've asked a few times how to tip laundry workers and have never received an answer, other than to leave an envelope at the front desk.  Not doing that … 

8 minutes ago, Lady Chew said:

We always put a big THANK YOU on our laundry order form.

We always give the laundry service a "10" on surveys … the few missteps we've experienced with the service in no way affect our appreciation for the long hours, hard work, and usually perfect service we receive

We always use the comment cards for the front desk to give kudos to the laundry teams ...

BUT we've asked a few times how to tip laundry workers and have never received an answer, other than to leave an envelope at the front desk.  Not doing that … 

Just in case this is of help - I wrapped an envelope with my note and cash in it with my laundry form in the bag.

got a note back from the laundry guys thanking me so I think they got it 😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

Just in case this is of help - I wrapped an envelope with my note and cash in it with my laundry form in the bag.

kazu,

Thanks for how to do this.  It's more "personal" than just increasing the daily gratuity for whomever/wherever behind the scenes.  

19 minutes ago, Lady Chew said:

If that's the only way to tip them...why wouldn't you do it?

P.S. just saw the idea about putting the tip IN the laundry bag.  I like it.

Edited by kevingastreich

21 minutes ago, kazu said:

What a lovely idea.  I'll remember this next time we cruise.  These ladies/guys work tirelessly and oftentimes thanklessly to launder everything from passengers' clothes to all the linens/towels on the ships.  If they're taking time to write little notes to passengers, wow! I'm impressed.

37 minutes ago, kazu said:

what a great idea!!

52 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the good idea.

We always write a big Thank you on the laundry  form.

33 minutes ago, sevenseasnomad said:

What a lovely idea.  I'll remember this next time we cruise.  These ladies/guys work tirelessly and oftentimes thanklessly to launder everything from passengers' clothes to all the linens/towels on the ships.  If they're taking time to write little notes to passengers, wow! I'm impressed.

19 minutes ago, Lady Chew said:

what a great idea!!

1 minute ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for the good idea.

We always write a big Thank you on the laundry  form.

Glad it helped 😄. It’s worked for us.

Just make sure you put the envelope in the laundry form wrapped firmly and completely around it so it doesn’t fall to the bottom and get missed.  And, since they have to see the laundry form, they won’t miss the envelope and it gets to them 🙂 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, kazu said:

Glad it helped 😄. It’s worked for us.

Just make sure you put the envelope in the laundry form wrapped firmly and completely around it so it doesn’t fall to the bottom and get missed.  And, since they have to see the laundry form, they won’t miss the envelope and it gets to them 🙂 

Thanks for this suggestion.  Good to know.  My common sense may have communicated this to my brain, but who knows?  I may have just stuffed the envelop in with the clothes.  Using your suggestion means they definitely get the tip.  Much better.