Wear Your Best?

broadwaycam

I wonder what would happen if they had a "Wear Your Worst" night.  It would be funny to see them turn some folks away.  "We are sorry ma'am, but you don't look comfortable enough to eat here tonight."  "Excuse me sir, but baseball caps must be worn at all times in the MDR this evening."  "You can rent an ugly holiday sweater or pajama bottoms for a nominal fee."  

Edited by zepp914
  • Like 5
  • Haha 7

15 minutes ago, zepp914 said:

I wonder what would happen if they had a "Wear Your Worst" night.  It would be funny to see them turn some folks away.  "We are sorry ma'am, but you don't look comfortable enough to eat here tonight."  "Excuse me sir, but baseball caps must be worn at all times in the MDR this evening."  "You can rent an ugly holiday sweater or pajama bottoms for a nominal fee."  

Oh I think they should have an ugly sweater night, that would be hilarious! I must say though I am really looking forward to the Formal nights, it's the only time I get to really dress up and feel special 🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zepp914 said:

I just had a flashback to some photos of a woman wearing a homemade chainmail dress to formal night.  The pics were posted on CC many years ago. 😱

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3CatsInMA said:

I just had a flashback to some photos of a woman wearing a homemade chainmail dress to formal night.  The pics were posted on CC many years ago. 😱

Is there such a thing as store-bought chainmail clothing? :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No dress suggestions are enforced.

Maybe for cruises out of Florida but this isn’t the case around the World with Royal. 

Surprisingly it also wasn’t the case on our Adventure cruise recently out of NY.

I’m not fussed either way what people wear but having seen a table of guests wearing Onesies in the MDR from Port Canaveral I think Royal may have given up in Florida trying to advise people what to wear.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, compman9 said:

I find it staggering how scruffy cruise passengers are already

It's mostly Americans that can't be bothered to dress up, but each to their own, I suppose

It genuinely doesn’t bother me either way.

I disagree with you though on your point, 95% of the passengers were New Yorkers on our recent Adventure cruise and it was very formal both nights.

There was a bold notice in the cruise compass that shorts were not to be worn in MDR.

‘Wear what you want no one cares’ seems to be a Florida thing. 

All Americans, same cruise line say 800 miles apart but different rules and different attitudes.

As a Brit I find this interesting but as I say I’m not really fussed what people wear.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 3CatsInMA said:

No need for flashbacks, here you go. Not my pictures but taken from the internet. Wonder if they ever regretted wearing this. I read they weren't allowed in the MDR. Only on Carnival. :classic_biggrin:

20190911_042821.thumb.jpg.f4d7461b7f913b32154d06a0c4b41fa5.jpg😁🥂

20190911_042911.jpg

20190911_042849.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

Is there such a thing as store-bought chainmail clothing? :classic_biggrin:

Dress was custom made by Things From Rings. Just in case someone wants to know.

2 hours ago, compman9 said:

I find it staggering how scruffy cruise passengers are already

It's mostly Americans that can't be bothered to dress up, but each to their own, I suppose

We love dressing up even on the Caribbean cruises where it's warmer. We also don't let the luggage weight issue stop us from bringing formal wear. I know some people say that's why they don't bring such clothes anymore.

Ok, back to people posting pictures.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Dress was custom made by Things From Rings. Just in case someone wants to know.

We love dressing up even on the Caribbean cruises where it's warmer. We also don't let the luggage weight issue stop us from bringing formal wear. I know some people say that's why they don't bring such clothes anymore.

Ok, back to people posting pictures.

Yeah, I can imagine that dress was crazy expensive!  Still, more revealing than is tasteful, imho.

And I'm right there with you.  We love dressing up!  It's just part of the experience because it's not something that we get to do often in "real life".  I mean, really, how many folks wear cocktail dresses and suits & ties regularly?  So we'll continue the practice and enjoy looking swanky as we dine, watch shows, and dance the night away.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, zepp914 said:

I think wear your worst could be really fun actually. 

• Like 1

I think the words "wear your best" is a very unsuitable...for instance, a man can walk in the MDR dressed in shorts and an old tee shirt with an old cap and old flip flops and he can say that is his best and they would have to allow him in.  Granted, most people would not dress such a way, but I am sure there will be some.  Poor use of words I say. 🤔

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

I think the words "wear your best" is a very unsuitable...for instance, a man can walk in the MDR dressed in shorts and an old tee shirt with an old cap and old flip flops and he can say that is his best and they would have to allow him in.  Granted, most people would not dress such a way, but I am sure there will be some.  Poor use of words I say. 🤔

Don’t sell people short! 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tin can said:

Maybe for cruises out of Florida but this isn’t the case around the World with Royal. 

Surprisingly it also wasn’t the case on our Adventure cruise recently out of NY.

I’m not fussed either way what people wear but having seen a table of guests wearing Onesies in the MDR from Port Canaveral I think Royal may have given up in Florida trying to advise people what to wear.

That's because folks living in trailers are cruising, now. 😁

Edited by rusty nut
  • Like 1