Haven't boarded yet, already unhappy

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

pretty sure the ship arrived from it's TA this morning, there's almost always extra time needed for crew clearance, change overs, ship clearance, etc.  Hopefully you'll have a great cruise. 

It did just that, my neighbors were on that cruise and the one before it...B2B,  I look forward to talking with about it...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

there was no problem for the delay for any reason other than they have priority boarding based on your class. Now we are waiting in line to have them put the correct liquor package which we purchased two months ago on our sea pass so we are able to get what we paid for. Aggravated. 

That is nothing but a simple sticker....

1 hour ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

This our second celebrity cruise. Last time we arrived at our scheduled time, checked in and boarded. This time we were scheduled for 11 am check in, arrived at 11:30 and are still waiting to board an hour later. If they are boarding by class and muster station now, why schedule us for early check in? We would have spent time enjoying Miami instead of sitting in a waiting area for more than an hour.  Not a good way to start a Cruise. 

20191025_124401.jpg

53 minutes ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

there was no problem for the delay for any reason other than they have priority boarding based on your class. Now we are waiting in line to have them put the correct liquor package which we purchased two months ago on our sea pass so we are able to get what we paid for. Aggravated. 

Good luck finding enjoyment on your cruise.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

Did you know it was missing when you boarded?  Or did you try to order a drink and then found out?

1 hour ago, wpgcycler said:

Wait, t-shirts with slogans??? Careful...

"A Crochet group, 131 people.so are in those shirts.

"That is nothing but a simple sticker..." No it requires a new room card.

Once I finally got on board I went to a bar and my room card was set for a basic package instead of the premium I paid for. I had to go to guest relations and wait in line to get it corrected.  A little later I tried to sign on to the  internet with the package I paid for and it wasn't shown. Back down to guest relations,  wait in line, get it corrected.  Even though I showed the confirmation email I had to pay again and they said they would issue me a credit. Things can only improve at this point. Believe it or not, I'm not normally a complainer. Hopefully I'm done complaining now.

Edited by StillLooking4Adventure

3 minutes ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

A Crochet group, 131 people.so are in those shirts.

Once I finally got on board I went to a bar and my room card was ser for a basic package instead of the premium I pais for. I had to go to guest relations and wait in line to get it corrected.  A little later I tried to sign on to the  internet with the package I paid for and it wasn't shown. Back down to guest relations,  wait in line, get it corrected.  Even though I showed the confirmation email I had to pay again and they said they would issue me a credit. Things can only improve at this point. Believe it or not, I'm not normally a complainer. Hopefully I'm done now.

Other than you not boarding when you thought you should, your other issues you've experienced should have been as you paid for and not having to waste your fun time in line at GS. We've never had to go to GS on embarkation day but we've seen those long lines at GS on embarkation day. Not a way we'd want to start our cruise. Bon Voyage. 🥂

We always check our Order History in the Cruise Planner to make sure our purchased or perks are showing.

If you have a beverage package that will show on your Xpress Pass - CALL for Classic Package and PALL for premium.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

3 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

pretty sure the ship arrived from it's TA this morning, there's almost always extra time needed for crew clearance, change overs, ship clearance, etc.  Hopefully you'll have a great cruise. 

Yes, we had that happen, first cruise after TA, lots of inspections and crew has to go through customs, etc.   Usually a delay.  

• Like 2

Op, think of it as an adventure.  After all, that is what your handle is, right? With an eight week old newborn, I don't have a cruise in sight so I would gladly trade places with you. Try and leave that dark cloud of negative energy at the pier and remember - you're going to be enjoying a week on the water while some of us are stuck on land, in the rain, and we have to make our own beds each morning!

I wish I was waiting over an hour to board for my cruise.  With my husband's health issues (in which he was close to death) for which Celebrity let us push out our original cruise date up to a year out with no penalty nor loss of money, it will be 2.5 years waiting to board.  Only 147 days to go!  It will be a well deserved cruise!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

We always check our Order History in the Cruise Planner to make sure our purchased or perks are showing.

If you have a beverage package that will show on your Xpress Pass - CALL for Classic Package and PALL for premium.  

Just FYI.  Your post was really helpful.  Because I got the drink package from my TA, it wasn't showing in Order History and was not showing on my Express Pass.  But I called Celebrity and the agent talked to group bookings.  Now it shows up where I expect it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

I had confirmation of the Premium package and the internet package which I purchased direct from Celebrity.  Only when I got my seapass and tried to use it did they tell me PALL was Classic. 

All is well now. Ive had three drinks and I'm totally relaxed. I am not one to let small stuff ruin my trip, its just aggravating when they can't get simple stuff right on the first day. 

• Like 2

Need to pack your patience for boarding day.. The arrival time you are given is a suggestion, not an appointment.     X usually calls  suites and  Zenith first,  then   E plus AQ etc....

First trip after TA is ually a bit delayed boarding..we will have that on EDGE in Nov.

Good OP has  their paperwork so alc package can be corrected.  We never fully relax til all our luggage is delivered!

• Like 3

Boarding / embarkation procedures might vary considerably by location and/or ship. Our embarkation out of Cape Liberty recently was the fastest and smoothest we've ever experienced. Loved how, once we got on the ship (Summit), we could take our carry-ons right to the room, drop them off, then free to go around the ship. Have a great trip!  

Edited by OnTheJourney

12 minutes ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

I had confirmation of the Premium package and the internet package which I purchased direct from Celebrity.  Only when I got my seapass and tried to use it did they tell me PALL was Classic. 

All is well now. Ive had three drinks and I'm totally relaxed. I am not one to let small stuff ruin my trip, its just aggravating when they can't get simple stuff right on the first day. 

Three drinks usually fixes most of life's little problems.😉

Chill, have a great time. 

It could have been worse. At least the Captain hasn't hit anything........ yet.😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Got stuck over two hours waiting to board Reflection on first sailing after TA.  Ship first needed to clear CBP including entire crew presenting themselves with passports.  Just part of cruising.