Anthem diamond plus lounge

treasurer

16 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Hope so also. Booked balcony on deck 12 to be close to it. Doing B2B 1/27 & 2/7. 

On our August 9 niter NE/Canada, it was available to D+.  Had a balcony on the 12th deck and only 11 cabins away--boy, was it convenient.:classic_biggrin:

On 12/17/2019 at 7:27 PM, maria1122 said:

I received this letter

Dear Member, 

We are excited to welcome you onboard Anthem of the Seas for its 11 Night Southern Caribbeansailing.

As you may know, this sailing is quite popular among our Crown & Anchor Society and as a result, our staff is making enhancements to accommodate you.

During your cruise, the Nightly Happy Hour will expand to include both the Diamond Lounge and the Music Hall, located on Deck 4. Please be aware that lounges are subject to change. As always, three (3) drink vouchers will be loaded on your SeaPass card for use at the bars and loungesthroughout the ship during happy hour times.

Diamond Lounge & Music Hall Concierge Lounge
Deck 4 Deck 12
Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club Pinnacle Club and Grand Suites & above

Additionally, we understand with more top tier members than usual, the rush for morning coffee can become hectic. To alleviate some of the wait, we are loading one (1) specialty non-alcoholic coffee voucher per day onto your SeaPass card. You can enjoy a delicious Americano, Espresso, Latte or Cappuccino. Once onboard, please check your Welcome Letter or visit your Concierge for additional information. 

We're happy you're joining us for these special sailings and we hope your time with us is nothing short of spectacular!

Sincerely, 

Your Crown & Anchor Society Team

which date is it for?  I am cruising January 5 and did not receive anything.

11 minutes ago, clochette said:

which date is it for?  I am cruising January 5 and did not receive anything.

just got mine for Jan 5 

Dear Member, 

We are excited to welcome you onboard Anthem of the Seas for its 11 Nights Round Trip Southern Caribbean sailing, departing on January 5, 2020.

As you may know, this sailing is quite popular among our Crown & Anchor Society and as a result, our staff is making enhancements to accommodate you.

During your cruise, the Nightly Happy Hour will expand to include both the Diamond Lounge and the Music Hall, located on Deck 4. Please be aware that lounges are subject to change. As always, three (3) drink vouchers will be loaded on your SeaPass card for use at the bars and lounges throughout the ship during happy hour times.

Diamond Lounge & Music Hall Concierge Lounge
Deck 4 Deck 12
Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle Club Pinnacle Club and Grand Suites & above

Additionally, we understand with more top tier members than usual, the rush for morning coffee can become hectic. To alleviate some of the wait, we are loading one (1) specialty non-alcoholic coffee voucher per day onto your SeaPass card. You can enjoy a delicious Americano, Espresso, Latte or Cappuccino. Once onboard, please check your Welcome Letter or visit your Concierge for additional information. 

We're happy you're joining us for these special sailings and we hope your time with us is nothing short of spectacular!

Sincerely, 

Your Crown & Anchor Society Team

Brand

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 9:16 PM, maria1122 said:

We will also be on the 1/27 cruise.  The email came this evening.  5 days into the cruise we will be pinnacle so I guess we can then go to the concierge.  As diamond plus and having a jr suite we have been going into the concierge for quite sometime.  This is a very popular cruise.  Last year it was so crowded they brought in more chairs but it was standing room only.  I have a feeling this will not be for just this cruise.

I’ll also be getting my Pinnacle on 1/27 Anthem.   I’m on Anthem now and heard for all the January cruises will be the same. 

Just now, twangster said:

Gotta hit 700 sometime.  

We can have a drink in the lower level of Music Hall - most folks can't be bothered to go down there and stay in the crowded upper part.

Biker, who has not had luck with CL access on Q class either.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gaylemh said:

I’ll also be getting my Pinnacle on 1/27 Anthem.   I’m on Anthem now and heard for all the January cruises will be the same. 

Believe it or not what I find most disappointing about this is that I will be not be able to hang out in the CL during the day. It is my favorite indoor spot especially on the first and last sea days. I will like having one specialty coffee per day added to my sea pass card.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 7:51 AM, twangster said:

On Ovation to Hawaii I had a cabin near the CL but I knew they would probably block D+ out of the CL on that cruise so I moved my cabin.  Sure enough a few weeks before sailing they blocked D+ from the CL.  

I feel your pain, I'm on Anthem early January and avoided placing myself near the CL in case it happens again.  So far no email but it could be any day now.  

@twangster - you are?  Come join the Roll Call!  I look forward to meeting you.  😄

6 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Well to me it’s another sneaky way RCL is taking away what’s left of the concierge lounges that weren’t already turned into suite lounges from D+. 

We'll see if this is happening to more than just a few sailings and more than just a few CL equipped ships, but it could very well be an experiment to get to your stated end goal. 

So we had/have NSPPs making problems in SLs, now we have NSPD+s making problems in CLs. 😱

Biker, who is waiting for @Milwaukee Eight to weigh in.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, allentownahoy said:

Believe it or not what I find most disappointing about this is that I will be not be able to hang out in the CL during the day. It is my favorite indoor spot especially on the first and last sea days. I will like having one specialty coffee per day added to my sea pass card.

Agreed.  On Vision the specialty coffee was only in the MDR.  Hopefully they won't put that restriction on the free coffee.

6 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Well to me it’s another sneaky way RCL is taking away what’s left of the concierge lounges that weren’t already turned into suite lounges from D+. 

It's more sneaky on smaller ships when they don't send an email, you find out on board when you visit the CL.   Such was the case on some Vision class sailings this year.  Your card works but once inside they break the news that you are not welcome.   

• Like 1

I just got the same letter regarding the lounges for Grandeur 1/4.  Stated concern is that it is a popular cruise with many top tier passengers.  I think this is the wave of the future.  This doesn’t affect me since I made Pinnacle in September but I feel the pain of D+ passengers.  On Grandeur I often have spent part of the day in the CL because the DL can be very noisy during the day with many activities in the South Pacific.  As a D+ I would have hated losing that perk.  But the numbers do matter.  With more and more D+ and Pinnacle passengers I think Royal is looking for ways to make the trips the most comfortable for all.

Happy Holidays to all!  Katherine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

We'll see if this is happening to more than just a few sailings and more than just a few CL equipped ships, but it could very well be an experiment to get to your stated end goal. 

So we had/have NSPPs making problems in SLs, now we have NSPD+s making problems in CLs. 😱

Biker, who is waiting for @Milwaukee Eight to weigh in.

I'll weigh in while waiting for Milwaukee, it's about time. Hope the transformation is complete before our Ovation sailing to Alaska this coming fall 😉

15 hours ago, Biker19 said:

We can have a drink in the lower level of Music Hall - most folks can't be bothered to go down there and stay in the crowded upper part.

Biker, who has not had luck with CL access on Q class either.

Go over Thanksgiving.  Not sure why the Anthem out of New York is so cheap relative to all of the other cruises (ok, I have my theories), but we've sailed on that cruise 4 times now, and rarely are either lounge super duper crowded.  I think the last time there were a total of 8 pinnacles on the cruise.

Otherwise, you all need to spend some money on the popular cruises, where the high amount of D, D+, and P's don't want to spend the $$ to cruise.  Works wonders for us- still have not gotten shunned from any lounge due to potential over crowding.  After about 50 cruises where we can use them.

9 hours ago, LorraineP said:

No worries. The SL gets too crowded on some sailings and for the most part Suite Guest numbers remain the same. You go figure. 

1 hour ago, alfaeric said:

Go over Thanksgiving.  Not sure why the Anthem out of New York is so cheap relative to all of the other cruises (ok, I have my theories), but we've sailed on that cruise 4 times now, and rarely are either lounge super duper crowded.  I think the last time there were a total of 8 pinnacles on the cruise.

Otherwise, you all need to spend some money on the popular cruises, where the high amount of D, D+, and P's don't want to spend the $$ to cruise.  Works wonders for us- still have not gotten shunned from any lounge due to potential over crowding.  After about 50 cruises where we can use them.

We have sailed Anthem a bunch of times too, our last sailing being earlier this month.  There were 21 Pinnacles and less than 200 D+ on our last sailing.  Concierge lounge was full every night.  We were able to get a seat each night but we usually got some of the last couple as we got there around 5.  DL was open to Music Hall but think it was only part of the upper area.  We stuck with the CL as it was a quicker transit to Coastal Kitchen for dinner.  If we were on a sailing with D+ losing access to the CL but had the entire Music Hall available for D and D+, we would have no issue with that.  Music Hall is a great venue.

On 12/18/2019 at 5:51 AM, twangster said:

On Ovation to Hawaii I had a cabin near the CL but I knew they would probably block D+ out of the CL on that cruise so I moved my cabin.  Sure enough a few weeks before sailing they blocked D+ from the CL.  

I feel your pain, I'm on Anthem early January and avoided placing myself near the CL in case it happens again.  So far no email but it could be any day now.  

I am on the January 5 and January 16th sailings.  Got the letter (overflow) for the 5th sailing.  Assuming it will be the same for the 16th sailing as well.  

We were on Anthem 10.24-11.02 for a 9 night Canada/New England cruise as Diamond Plus in a standard oceanview balcony. We were allowed in the CL without any problem. It was very crowded in the evenings so we used the overflow DL instead with a walk up bar as it was easier to get served. I did use the CL in the mornings for a light breakfast and specialty coffee and never found it to be busy. Went a time or two in the early afternoon for coffee and maybe 6-8 people reading.

2 hours ago, ace1zoe2 said:

We were on Anthem 10.24-11.02 for a 9 night Canada/New England cruise as Diamond Plus in a standard oceanview balcony. We were allowed in the CL without any problem. It was very crowded in the evenings so we used the overflow DL instead with a walk up bar as it was easier to get served. I did use the CL in the mornings for a light breakfast and specialty coffee and never found it to be busy. Went a time or two in the early afternoon for coffee and maybe 6-8 people reading.

On the same cruise.  Emptier if you go a little later.  We had 2nd seating for dinner so not a problem.  Might have seen me there in the afternoon.  Our cabin was next door and dh that CL was his living room!

As I read here and on FB about just how many cruises are sending out these notices, I am being swayed towards Biker's stated viewpoint.

I don't think that all of these cruises *really* have all that many top tier cruisers that allowing D+ into the CL is a serious concern.

I think that they are easing us into their new reality.

So, I'll stir the pot a little.  If this is a move to restrict all CLs to exclude D+ (with or without formally renaming them "SL"), how far away can kicking out D members entirely, and just granting them the three daily vouchers?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2