New Promotion - Saved Some Money

MarkWiltonM

1 hour ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I saw a new promotion on Celebrity and re-booked a January 2022 cruise on Apex.  I got three perks instead of two and the total price was $400 less.   

Details please...I just booked a TA on Reflection for 2021...only got two perks.

I got an alert that the price of one of my existing bookings had gone down, so I checked the website - they are out of their minds with these pricing structures. My current room (a C2 on the 1/29/21 sailing of Equinox) is $1,669 non-refundable with one perk (no surcharge for the drink package) or $2,819 refundable with three perks. $1,150 for two perks and a refundable deposit????????? INSANITY. Especially since you can add two more perks to the non-refundable fare for just $180. They have apparently decided that they are going to force people over to non-refundable fares by any means necessary!

image.thumb.png.c53f9a72abc706a9e3d8a2260fd978a1.png

image.thumb.png.dd2f08d92e3ae79ffcbf946fe0a9c87f.png

• Like 1

With this sale my cruise fair has actually dropped $200 -- I already have the 3 perks; however, I'd have to switch from a refundable to a non-refundable fare.  While I have every intention of going on the cruise I am not willing to give up my refundable status while I am still 11 months out for such a small amount.  As others have said I think Celebrity is doing everything it can to get rid of refundable fares.

Edited by mchell810
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, mchell810 said:

With this sale my cruise fair has actually dropped $200 -- I already have the 3 perks; however, I'd have to switch from a refundable to a non-refundable fare.  While I have every intention of going on the cruise I am not willing to give up my refundable status while I am still 11 months out for such a small amount.  As others have said I think Celebrity is doing everything it can to get rid of refundable fares.

I am also looking at that way.  I have a cruise next nov and yes non refundable is a great deal but not worth it.  But getting lucky with this. One of ta’s I use often contacted me about this and was able to get me into an aq with 3 perks same price I had my c2 with 2perks.  Cxl the one with the ta and booked it with a different ta.  Figure I would  buy the Persian gardens pass anyway along with my travel partner and blu is about a trade off for me overall    With the math I come out ahead about 150 pp.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alsmez said:

They have apparently decided that they are going to force people over to non-refundable fares by any means necessary!

Agree completely.  The refundable deposits are insane as you said.  We are making several bookings onboard now as far out as we can with the refundable deposit for placeholders so when we see a deal which is usually around final payment or after, we move the booking over.  This way we take advantage of the $100 deposit and receive some OBC.  

• Like 4

I was able to save some money on reservations I made recently where the prices haven't had enough time to go up.  What I saw is that I pretty much took the $100 pp OBC from the last promo and turned it into a $100 reduction in fare AND a free perk.   I'd rather have the $$ in my pocket than to have to spend it onboard.

I have started doing NRD on cruises I plan on taking.  The price difference has been in the ballpark of $300 pp on the bookings we have been making.  Given that only $100 pp is at risk my thinking now is that as long as I actually take 2 out of 3 bookings I make I still come out ahead.

I love finding these out of the blue promotions when I'm doing my daily "fake booking" rituals! It's like going on an Easter egg hunt and finding a golden egg! We just refared our A1 cabin on a 15 day TA in Oct 2021 where the price stayed the same, $2,429 pp, but we were able to add a third perk. Also, our 15 day Apr 2021 TP in a S2 went down another $150 pp and this is after we have refared this cruise at lease 3 times already. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Was on the Summit last week and was able to book an Infinity Balcony for a 7 day cruise on the Apex in December for $3400, got all 4 perks and $650 on board credit. This was for a non refundable, but with only $100 deposit pp, it was a no brainer as the refundable fare was almost $5000.

• Like 1

The info on CC is why I love this web site. After seeing the comments here, I called Celebrity about my Jan, 2022 cruise on the Edge in A1. I wound up saving $200.00 on the cruise plus having pre paid grats as the 3rd perk. Thank you all for the postings.I never would have seen it otherwise.

• Like 1

In the last couple of weeks, for the Australian site, prices have fallen immensely for the cruise I’m booked on, (Edge) so much so that currently I’ve purchased a Sky suite fully ‘perked’ including all tips (these are always included for Australian bookings) for the same price as a Sunset Verandah I booked several months ago. I think all up the price has dropped from $16,000 AUD to $13,000 for the Sky Suite. Looking at the cabin plan, many Sky suites are still unsold so I expect more price drops for a cruise that is 6 months out in Europe. 

If you book with a low $25 or $100 non-refundable deposit and cancel, you will be charged the full regular deposit amount, $250 to $450 per person (or more). They have your credit card info.

I refuse to play Celebrity’s game. I now wait until after final payment date when all deposits become non-refundable.

Booked yesterday for a February cruise on a promotion expiring last night. I had 24 hours to make final payment and we all know when one promotion expires, another one takes it's place. Sometimes the new promotion is better, sometimes it is not. This time it was. 

Saved $1000 simply by paying today instead of yesterday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo59 said:

If you book with a low $25 or $100 non-refundable deposit and cancel, you will be charged the full regular deposit amount, $250 to $450 per person (or more). They have your credit card info.

I refuse to play Celebrity’s game. I now wait until after final payment date when all deposits become non-refundable.

I was told several times when I booked under the last $25 non-refundable deposit promotion, that if I were to cancel, that is all I would lose - $25. Where did you hear this?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, deliver42 said:

You never lose more than the $100.00 pp as the NRD states.

True so long as you use the remaining credit to book another cruise within the next 12 month period. Otherwise, you lose the balance.