Giovanni’s VS. Jamie’s Italian

Loralie

I enjoy both.  Just did a couple nights in Giovanni's on Oasis, have done Jamie's on Anthem a couple of times.  On Oasis I prefer Giovanni's to Chops or 150 Central Park.  I ate at all of them twice during my B3B.

Food is personal so some will like it, some won't.  A restaurant on a ship will never create food like a true Italian restaurant on land.  If that's your point of reference you may not enjoy an Italian restaurant on a ship.  

Edited by twangster

1 hour ago, Pratique said:

I read that after the amplification Giovanni's on Oasis was going to have a different menu. I haven't seen any reviews yet.

Giovanni's  on Oasis will stay the same.  Ate there twice this week. It is on Allure that there is a new concept and the menu will change when they convert it to Giovanni's kitchen table and combine Giovannis and Vintages.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

I would also vote for Giovanni's.  But it really depends which Giovanni's menu they have.  There are several out there floating around - yes, pun intended - and some of them are better than others.  Personally, I think the original Giovanni's menu is still the best and that is what they had on Serenade when we were on there in September.

Giovanni's so much better, at least this is somehow a real italian Restaurant and their Tiramisu...not sure you can find any better in Italy. Jamie's will probably disapear anyway from the fleet and be replaced by the new Giovanni's concept after the dry dock's given that the brand went bankrupt.

16 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Giovanni's so much better, at least this is somehow a real italian Restaurant and their Tiramisu...not sure you can find any better in Italy. Jamie's will probably disapear anyway from the fleet and be replaced by the new Giovanni's concept after the dry dock's given that the brand went bankrupt.

Only the Jamie's restaurants in the UK went into receivership. Restaurants abroad (including Canada and the Royal Canadian ships) were unaffected. 

22 minutes ago, starvenger said:

Only the Jamie's restaurants in the UK went into receivership. Restaurants abroad (including Canada and the Royal Canadian ships) were unaffected. 

That’s my understanding too but it seems like Royal has backed off plans to expand Jamie’s fleet-wide. From the comments here it seems like no one will miss it.

Personally I'm not fussed either way. The food at Jamie's is fine but not spectacular. As is Giovanni's, although they are a bit better. They aren't giving me something that I can't find at home (literally, in the case of Jamie's, seeing as I live in the Toronto area).