Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

3 minutes ago, rolloman said:

This is why I mentioned it...just a matter of time before they remove the "free" buffet".

Bend it before it breaks.

Maybe, but FWIW, the new free venues on CC are 1000% better than the old buffets. 

The mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce at Snack Shack are even better than the Suite Lounge😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe Royal doesn't want people messing around with their equipment? If they did then maybe they would leave some nice laminated instructions around on what to do. Maybe people tinkering with it is part of the reason for the breakdowns. I have never been one to enter someone else's house and just make myself at home so I may be looking at this in a biased light. I see playing with their machine as disrespectful and rude. Perhaps I should view it as helping out the staff.🤔

Have been doing this for years with full knowledge of every concierge. Never a complaint.  If they had  problem they could just lock supply cabinets.

5 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Have been doing this for years with full knowledge of every concierge. Never a complaint.  If they had  problem they could just lock supply cabinets.

I’ve heard of some bartending in the Diamond and Suite Lounge. Why would they be upset with if one screwed with the coffee machine?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Maybe, but FWIW, the new free venues on CC are 1000% better than the old buffets. 

The mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce at Snack Shack are even better than the Suite Lounge😉

Remember when specialty dining was introduced for $10.00 bucks extra? The food was great, the service was great, the deserts were fantastic. Cruisers accepted it with open arms. Fast forward to today, we now have $40.00- $70.00 for crap food and service in specialty restaurants and at times the free dining room is barely edible. Moral of the story.....Load up on the those cheese sticks while you can lol....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Remember when specialty dining was introduced for $10.00 bucks extra? The food was great, the service was great, the deserts were fantastic. Cruisers accepted it with open arms. Fast forward to today, we now have $40.00- $70.00 for crap food and service in specialty restaurants and at times the free dining room is barely edible. Moral of the story.....Load up on the those cheese sticks while you can lol....

Old days are gone. Mega ships are the thing now. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Remember when specialty dining was introduced for $10.00 bucks extra? 

And supposedly that $10 was to cover the gratuity. I still remember the show on the Travel Channel where some woman from the  Miami office said so.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Leaving tomorrow for hotel stay then boarding Anthem for 19 nights in cabin I would NOT have picked IF ROYAL WAS UP FRONT with their loyal cruisers instead of 2 weeks before denying access into the CL then too late to switch cabins. Will have a fantastic time, why not, not cooking or cleaning for 20 days. 

Best wishes for an absolutely wonderful cruise.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Do what you want. Just don't break the machine when I am on the ship.😉

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And supposedly that $10 was to cover the gratuity. I still remember the show on the Travel Channel where some woman from the  Miami office said so.

Yes...you are correct. No turning back now... in order to feel "special" you have to do the chef's table. Outside of that, most specialty dining is basically what we had before for "free" in the main dining room. I believe we are on the fast track for removal of main dining seating. Choices will soon be for fee or head to the the buffet for all meals. 

19 minutes ago, rolloman said:

You've only got your fellow cruisers to blame.  If no one paid $20 they would not have raised it to $30.  Someone is finding value in it even if you or I don't, someone is willing to that amount.  

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

15 days on Serenade and no mozzarella sticks at happy hour.  The travesty of not finding those deep fried cheese nibbles!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Old days are gone. Mega ships are the thing now. 

Not so fast sparky....Mega ships have limited itinerary options.  The new Virgin ships are only 100,000 tons. Crystal, Seaborne, Silversea, Azamara and more are not mega ships or producing mega ships. If you are speaking of RCCL only, well they have always been an industry leader in size of vessel. Its kind of their thing. What else do you have Mr. Doubting Thomas?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, frank808 said:

15 days on Serenade and no mozzarella sticks at happy hour.  The travesty of not finding those deep fried cheese nibbles!

I see them a lot, but never with marinara and barely warm. When I ask for marinara, they point at barbecue or sweet chili sauce. 😱

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

You've only got your fellow cruisers to blame.  If no one paid $20 they would not have raised it to $30.  Someone is finding value in it even if you or I don't, someone is willing to that amount.  

The point is they are herding the sheep into the pens. If you want a special occasion during the cruise, you must seek out a specialty restaurant because the main dining area is really not so special anymore. In todays world, in the windjammer, if they were to bring you the buffet food to your table it would virtually be the same experience as below deck in the main dining room. 

12 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Not so fast sparky....Mega ships have limited itinerary options.  The new Virgin ships are only 100,000 tons. Crystal, Seaborne, Silversea, Azamara and more are not mega ships or producing mega ships. If you are speaking of RCCL only, well they have always been an industry leader in size of vessel. Its kind of their thing. What else do you have Mr. Doubting Thomas?

Those lines are all twice the cost.

And speaking of large, you'll have a new neighbor by years end.  Her name is Mardi Gras

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

And I thought the experts only posted on the Princess board. 

Be sure to enjoy your cruises in or out of the Concierge Lounge. 

5280 posts since 2012... I doubt all those have been questions....lol

12 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Those Virgin ships look AMAZING.  And no children, sounds perfect for us.  And no I don't hate kids.  Have two precious ones myself.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rolloman said:

I thought this was a Royal thread. Royal hasn’t built a small cozy ship in some time. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rolloman said:

The point is they are herding the sheep into the pens. If you want a special occasion during the cruise, you must seek out a specialty restaurant because the main dining area is really not so special anymore. In todays world, in the windjammer, if they were to bring you the buffet food to your table it would virtually be the same experience as below deck in the main dining room. 

Coastal Kitchen is very nice I understand 

• Like 1