Do You Wear Your Loyalty (Recognition) Pin on Every Princess Cruise?

need2cruisesoon

12 hours ago, need2cruisesoon said:

I am getting my Ruby loyalty pin on my cruise on the Grand (Medallion Cruise) in April and will probably put it on my shirt lapel or possibly on my cap.

Just wondering if you wear yours all the time (on and off ship) and if you display on a shirt or cap or ladies maybe a purse?

Are there other ways to display Princess loyalty? i know my Medallion will reflect the Ruby color.

Thanks,

Need2Cruise

Unknown-1.jpeg

I have to say that I was so excited to finally get to the Elite level that I wear that little sucker everywhere.  😄  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We probably got a pin or two, but tossed it into the waste basket along with the flyers for spa treatments, exclusive overpriced jewelry promos,  and fake gold by the inch, etc. I know how many cruises we have taken and really don't care how many others have been on. IMO, it's more important that Princess knows where we fall in the hierarchy so we get the obligatory perks.

Darcy

Never have worn the status pins  that I have from various cruise lines and am amused by those who seem to have to announce their status.

Not so amusing is that many of them seem to feel that they are "special" and deserve priority treatment before others .

How many times have you been at guest services or even reading posts on Cruise Critic where the leading statement is the status level on the cruise line?

19 hours ago, need2cruisesoon said:

I am getting my Ruby loyalty pin on my cruise on the Grand (Medallion Cruise) in April and will probably put it on my shirt lapel or possibly on my cap.

Just wondering if you wear yours all the time (on and off ship) and if you display on a shirt or cap or ladies maybe a purse?

Are there other ways to display Princess loyalty? i know my Medallion will reflect the Ruby color.

Thanks,

Need2Cruise

Unknown-1.jpeg

Nope. Never. Have made it to Elite and have never considered wearing any pin. Surprised they still hand them out...

8 minutes ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Nope. Never. Have made it to Elite and have never considered wearing any pin. Surprised they still hand them out...

I believe you have to go to the Captains Circle desk and ask for one.  As I like to collect Princess memorabilia I'm glad to add it to the collection, but I do not wear it.

17 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

I believe you have to go to the Captains Circle desk and ask for one.  As I like to collect Princess memorabilia I'm glad to add it to the collection, but I do not wear it.

A lot depends on the Host on board, we got our pins with a nice note at the end of qualifying cruises.

There is no financial reward or benefit to wearing the pin....so why wear it?

I have been to several Captain's parties...cannot remember ever seeing anyone wearing a pin.

Now, things would change quickly if there was a nice OBC connected with wearing one, or free beer.

Come to think of it, the Ocean Medallion comes with a free drink...including beer.  Now >that< I am happy to have on my person.

Edited by thinfool
  • Like 1