How long until next cancellations?

az_tchr

All the lines are all going to have to extend the suspensions of service.  Do you really think getting cruise ships back up and running will be at the top of any governments list?  I think they all know it but they need cash so bad they are selling April, May etc....cruises. 

Just now, patty1955 said:

That was the question.

As to thinking about it, since our 4/25 TA hasn't been cancelled, I think about it alot. 

LOL. I think we all think about it these days. Even more since I cancelled our April cruise and keep checking for the refund! :classic_blink:

2 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

That was the question.

As to thinking about it, since our 4/25 TA hasn't been cancelled, I think about it alot. 

That's what I meant.  Why would you even think about it?  Haven't wasted a second of thought about our 4/24 crossing in about a month.  No way I would even consider getting anywhere near that ship.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 3:17 PM, leck57 said:

There are some cruises outside the current no sail period that could be cancelled now so that passengers can get refunds and move on with their lives. For example Solstice leaving Sydney 25 April to Hawaii via NZ and Tahiti.

1) Any person arriving in Australia from anywhere overseas now has to self isolate for 14 days. Our Solstice cruise has many passengers from the US so as it stands those people have to arrive in Australia at least 14 days prior and lock themselves away.

No, you will NOT be allowed to fly to Australia now unless you are an Australian citizen. We have closed our border. 

Edited by Pushka

22 minutes ago, Pushka said:

No, you will NOT be allowed to fly to Australia now unless you are an Australian citizen. We have closed our border. 

My post that you have quoted was written BEFORE the Government made the decision to close the borders.

2 minutes ago, leck57 said:

My post that you have quoted was written BEFORE the Government made the decision to close the borders.

Ok, sorry I didn't see any later post stating that things had changed. 

51 minutes ago, Pushka said:

and who really wants to board the Solstice now?   Celebrity has not disclosed as of yet (nothing on web site, no press release) that there was a positive COVID case on board.  

How many people disembarked in Sydney, “not knowing”.

https://www.health.govt.nz/news-media/media-releases/covid-19-update-ruby-princess-and-celebrity-solstice-cruises

• Like 1

I believe it is logical to think that cruising is done for everyone, at least through the end of 2020. As for future cancellations of those cruises Celebrity, et al, will determine when it is most beneficial to them to make the official announcements. Whereas their decisions may not seem to be in our best interests financially, I'm sure there are many more mitigating circumstances of which we are not aware. Eventually our refunds and/or FCC will magically appear. 

If by the slimmest of chances, within the next six months, this crisis levels off and begins to subside, I will still not be comfortable getting on a boat with the knowledge that lingering effects and residuals may still be present. Don't want to be too quick to cruise, even if Celebrity, et al, are given the okay to do so.   

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

If by the slimmest of chances, within the next six months, this crisis levels off and begins to subside, I will still not be comfortable getting on a boat with the knowledge that lingering effects and residuals may still be present. Don't want to be too quick to cruise, even if Celebrity, et al, are given the okay to do so.   

I really don’t know where they think they can cruise to.

PLEASE BE REALISTIC CELEBRITY.

Australia is now closed down for 6 months.

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1

Here’s an interesting scenario to consider as to why Celebrity is delaying cancellations particularly for Galapagos/Macchu Picchu early April:

They are not cancelling with the hopes that guests will self cancel thereby preventing Celebrity from having to issue refunds to credit cards.

They have created a last minute requirement for those over 70 to obtain a medical clearance which few, if any doctors will sign. ( that’s IF you can find your doctor at this point).  Therefore, they will be unable to board and will have no choice but to self cancel.—- again, saving Celebrity from having to take out their “ checkbook.”

Now, everyone who must cancel prior to their 48 hr window, will have done so—- no money outlay for Celebrity. And then AFTER the 48 hr window, Celebrity cancels cruise thereby keeping their cash loss to an absolute minimum. 
Sure think I could find a dozen attorneys to take this one on!! 

• Like 3

PS.  It seems Ecuador is requiring 2 week quarantines prior to entry to the Galapagos and Peru is closed with return flights difficult, if not impossible.  US air lift, anyone?  With cruises and land tours so tenuous/ risky,  Interesting  that Celebrity still has not cancelled. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, alek said:

Here’s an interesting scenario to consider as to why Celebrity is delaying cancellations particularly for Galapagos/Macchu Picchu early April:

They are not cancelling with the hopes that guests will self cancel thereby preventing Celebrity from having to issue refunds to credit cards.

They have created a last minute requirement for those over 70 to obtain a medical clearance which few, if any doctors will sign. ( that’s IF you can find your doctor at this point).  Therefore, they will be unable to board and will have no choice but to self cancel.—- again, saving Celebrity from having to take out their “ checkbook.”

Now, everyone who must cancel prior to their 48 hr window, will have done so—- no money outlay for Celebrity. And then AFTER the 48 hr window, Celebrity cancels cruise thereby keeping their cash loss to an absolute minimum. 
Sure think I could find a dozen attorneys to take this one on!! 

Yes - that was exactly the theory proposed way back. Celebrity hope as many people cancel of their own volition leaving fewer to have to refund when Celebrity has to cancel. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

I believe it is logical to think that cruising is done for everyone, at least through the end of 2020. As for future cancellations of those cruises Celebrity, et al, will determine when it is most beneficial to them to make the official announcements. Whereas their decisions may not seem to be in our best interests financially, I'm sure there are many more mitigating circumstances of which we are not aware. Eventually our refunds and/or FCC will magically appear. 

Yep, I’m far from convinced our cruise next February will go ahead. This is going to have a huge impact on society in general for the rest of this year as a minimum. We are looking at huge numbers of deaths around the world and financial meltdown that’s going to take years to recover from. I can’t believe anyone would be stupid enough to get on a cruise ship for at least the next six months regardless, given health services are already at breaking point and they are not going to cope with what’s coming. I work in health and social care in Scotland and it’s going to get very bad, very quickly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alek said:

It seems to me that if boarding is denied by the cruise line then that would be considered a cancellation by the cruise line, not a self cancel.  Therefore, a full refund should be given to anyone denied boarding.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cornus said:

It seems to me that if boarding is denied by the cruise line then that would be considered a cancellation by the cruise line, not a self cancel.  Therefore, a full refund should be given to anyone denied boarding.  

You could be right.  But it seems that if you were notified pre cruise ( even if it was short notice— we were notified only a week ago and now can’t reach our doctor who has closed his office)  they could say we did not comply and are therefore not eligible for a refund.  All of this very irritating to say the very least.  Even if I could reach my doctor, I don’t think he would want to commit in view of the climate we are all in at the moment. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ECCruise said:

That's what I meant.  Why would you even think about it?  Haven't wasted a second of thought about our 4/24 crossing in about a month.  No way I would even consider getting anywhere near that ship.

I’d cruise tomorrow if they were sailing..56, healthy, not living scared.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pushka said:

Australia is now closed down for 6 months. 

Wow.  What does that 6 months include? We are still in the two week phase for schools and stuff but we know that will be useless and just a start.  Of course our ports are closed longer until July 1.

Stay safe.

Edited by poffles

33 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Well you would have your choice of cabins, the best seats in the theater, no wait for a table in the dining room, and no trouble with chair hogs by the pool.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

That we call selfish.  You might be fine but all the people you interact with along the way and back home after your trip are impacted since you may not even know you are a new carrier.  Maybe think beyond yourself.

• Like 8