Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

47 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

A little more required than just being a seniors card holder, unfortunately for some

Eligibility

To be eligible for the trial, you must:

Services Australia

You must be:

• receiving the Age Pension; or 
  • a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holder.

Department of Veterans’ Affairs

You must be receiving one of the following:

• Age Pension
  • Service Pension
  • Disability Pension under the Veterans’ Entitlements Act 1986
  • War Widow(er) Pension

Or hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card. 

• You must also have received your pension or have held your card for at least one month. 

I am ineligible for the fuel card, no pension card, no CSHCC, I won't bore you again with why I don't qualify.  Got my other vouchers - Dine and Discover, everyone over 18 is eligble for those.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, By The Bay said:

My, you have been wrestling with today's issues. 😉 In regional NSW, Senior cardholders are entitled to $250 credit which can be used to purchase fuel. Tomorrow I get my $100 Dine & Discover vouchers. Time to move to the Premier State Don?

Would Nelson Bay be included in Newcastle, don't qualify for Regional Seniors fuel Card? 

47 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Reason why they need the vaccine themselves. EU has to look after there own countries first. Several other EU countries have also had increased covid cases.

Europe needs the vaccine more than us.

I still can’t believe we didn’t have our own vaccine available a month ago.

59 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Europe needs the vaccine more than us.

I still can’t believe we didn’t have our own vaccine available a month ago.

I think Scomo and Greg Hunt will have to bite the bullet shortly, get into the real world and tell us, full vaccination of the country by October 2021, was a pipe dream. More like October 22.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Would Nelson Bay be included in Newcastle, don't qualify for Regional Seniors fuel Card? 

I believe Port Stephens and Lake Macquarie are classed regional but not Newcastle. It's a sore point for Newcastle residents.

28 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I think Scomo and Greg Hunt will have to bite the bullet shortly, get into the real world and tell us, full vaccination of the country by October 2021, was a pipe dream. More like October 22.

October is gone out the window.

It looks like the new strains will be rampant well before we are close to vaccinated.

Then they need a different vaccine ,how long will that take.

The experts said this will be with us for years and years.

What a S#it fight.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

October is gone out the window.

It looks like the new strains will be rampant well before we are close to vaccinated.

Then they need a different vaccine ,how long will that take.

The experts said this will be with us for years and years.

What a S#it fight.

Aren't the medical experts saying that the current vaccines will be effective against the (known) variants?

14 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Aren't the medical experts saying that the current vaccines will be effective against the (known) variants?

The truth is it is unknown.

But it seems the new strains are much more contagious.

It was a tricky virus to start with and it seems the variants are more so.

It is funny.....no actually disappointing...... as time goes on one gets a glimmer of hope cruising will start......   then something always happens.....   so attention is turning elsewhere....

Well I am to blame..... lol    I decided in February 2020, to make a photo book titled  "Golden Princess cruises to New Zealand"  well the Golden Princess is gone ( yes to P&O ) and Cruising is on hold  until who knows when.....

The book could now say ""our cruising trips"

I am starting to think a change a holiday planning... and be glad we did it... it was great....

Now back to driving holidays... well at least Australia is a big place.. plenty to see  and wide open spaces......

I don''t think a lot of us   thought of long term implications of Covid-19... back in March 2020

Don

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Snow job from our so called experts and govt. lets face it govt ordered the cheapest one, the Astra.

Edited by NSWP

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Sound a bit like Marketing        (  where's scotty )

Known ??? so people still think the world is flat...   ummm.

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Snow job from our so called experts, lets face it govt ordered the cheapest one, the Astra.

Snow  could be climate change.......    money been used on all the rorts....   ( could be scotty again )

Or they only got to A   and said will that this one..... oh good price   must be on special....

The big question :-

Who is in the driver's seat,

What around the corner,

scotty says I Don't Know,

the public ask Why,

Because we are tried

of waiting for Tomorrow,

when we want the answer Today,

and basically we Don't Give A Darn

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

Professor Murphy is now saying they are “pretty confident” everyone will have had their first dose by October.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-14/australia-struggling-to-meet-coronavirus-vaccination-target/13247072

To reach the original target, they had to vaccinate over 200,000 people a day. I am not sure that they have vaccinated 200,000 in total so far.

Edited by Docker123

13 hours ago, Docker123 said:

To reach the original target, they had to vaccinate over 200,000 people a day. I am not sure that they have vaccinated 200,000 in total so far.

The SMH and Age are reporting the following this morning: "there have been 164,437 doses given nationwide so far (this figure does include aged care)."

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Irish Republic have now suspended AstraZeneca, because of alleged blood clots.

Given the above, why wouldn't our Govt suspend AstraZeneca, pending further investigation?  It is not as if Aust. has been inundated with the virus, like Europe has.  

13 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Given the above, why wouldn't our Govt suspend AstraZeneca, pending further investigation?  It is not as if Aust. has been inundated with the virus, like Europe has.  

I tend to agree.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I tend to agree.

Could it be the Astra that is being made in Melbourne

have something extra.... a slice of bread and dead horse.... maybe even onions

On a  serious note  "da da da daaaa"   It is somewhat of a concern.....

Is it really safe and when   .. only about 16 million before us  in 28 weeks

so 140 working days    114000 per day...... I don't think so...... and that is half way.....

These people...... they do now how to use a calculator.....   or maybe they lost a couple of zeros....

Please if they investigate it... please no royal commision.....

Ohhh just a blood clot....... I agreed... it is somewhat of a concern....

Right back it your normal programming....... Gillian's Island   ( why we can't fix a hole in boat )

Don    waiting for lunch

From reading a few articles from various sources this morning, it appears the concern is about one batch of the AstraZenica vaccine made in Austria. There is still no real or clear evidence that the vaccine caused the clots in the 37 cases reported out of 17 million who have received the vaccine in the UK and EU.  

AstraZenica Vaccine and Blood Clots (1)

AstraZenica Vaccine and Blood Clots (2)

AstraZenica Vaccine and Blood Clots (3)

Leigh

• Like 1

Thanks Leigh, I was going to put those numbers up, Less than 40 "possible" complications regarding blood clots out of 17 million doses administered. That subject came up in our briefing from Dr. Bonny Henry today. Clearly the benefits outweigh the risks.

I think someone mentioned that Astra Zeneca would be manufactured in Oz so I think that would be a positive in it's favour. We are finally ramping up here, it looks like the vaccines are coming in much more regularly, and the age groups are being moved forward.

I hope that the distribution hiccups that you are experiencing at the moment will get sorted soon. It's time someone, anyone takes charge and moves the program forward.