Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Like wise testing, down here in Batemans Bay re have had a covid testing station operating 7 days a week for a month. They have been doing no more than a dozen tests most days.  People down here are in another world.

Whereas in Warrnambool where my parents live, there have been close to 20 cases this week. Two pop up drive through testing sites have been set up, one of which is just across from where my parents live. The locals have come out in droves to be tested at both of those and at the usual testing clinics around the city. My dad said that they are testing from early in the morning until 10pm each day and the lineup for testing goes for blocks.

18 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Whereas in Warrnambool where my parents live, there have been close to 20 cases this week. Two pop up drive through testing sites have been set up, one of which is just across from where my parents live. The locals have come out in droves to be tested at both of those and at the usual testing clinics around the city. My dad said that they are testing from early in the morning until 10pm each day and the lineup for testing goes for blocks.

With 1488 infections reported today in VIC, no wonder.😷

Edited by By The Bay

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

The closing of our borders doesn't just hit travellers. Now it is hard to get items from US of A.😟

"The United States Postal Service has suspended most of its deliveries to Australia, infuriating consumers waiting for mail and businesses relying on overseas sales.

The national postal service began halting services last month due to the “unavailability of transport,” with many items destined for Australia returned to their US senders." SMH

My photo paper supplier has informed its customers that Australia Post has suspended pick ups of new parcels 1-5  October to clear backlog.

50 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I ordered some wine on line from First Choice Liquor 2 weeks ago, not yet arrived but in transit. In good times it would be here in 5 days.

Ahhhh. Delayed gratification.

• Haha 1

Noticed that with my packages too. It takes a week just for the businesses to send out the products and postage takes a further  week and half even though it is one suburb away😂. The post office my dad goes to he says closes the counters two hours early and opens a little window just for package collection. 

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

I ordered some wine on line from First Choice Liquor 2 weeks ago, not yet arrived but in transit. In good times it would be here in 5 days.

the other week order some supplies from Dan's      arrived to the door by courier in...TWO HOURS......... amazing....   I hope you have some stock on hand Les

Don.... waiting for pre-dinner drinks

49 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

the other week order some supplies from Dan's      arrived to the door by courier in...TWO HOURS......... amazing....   I hope you have some stock on hand Les

I do have stock on hand Don...Mercury Cider, Sauv Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Merlot, Shiraz, Pinot Noir, Cab Sav, Malbec, Remy Martin VSOP Cognac, Bundy OP Rum, JW Black Label.  Sorry no Gin mate, do not drink it, lol.  I like to have about 4 doz bottles of vino on my rack and down to 24, hence the order.

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

It's 5 o'Clock Somewhere' - Australian Themed Flags x 1 - My Cool Little  Tassie Shop - Tasmanian Products Souvenir Gift

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

I do have stock on hand Don...Mercury Cider, Sauv Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Merlot, Shiraz, Pinot Noir, Cab Sav, Malbec, Remy Martin VSOP Cognac, Bundy OP Rum, JW Black Label.  Sorry no Gin mate, do not drink it, lol.  I like to have about 4 doz bottles of vino on my rack and down to 24, hence the order.

good to hear Les.....

I have 4 different Gins on the go at the moment..

as well as a stock has White and Red as well as Sparkling...

and for specials times a few bottles of Lark single malt...

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

It's 5 o'Clock Somewhere' - Australian Themed Flags x 1 - My Cool Little  Tassie Shop - Tasmanian Products Souvenir Gift

Yes it is 5 oclock  and now have a G&T   Bombay Sapphire tonight

Cheers all and say safe   Don

• Haha 2

On 10/1/2021 at 6:14 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

It sounds like it was the usual Scomo vague waffle, promising something without providing much detail.

The only important point was that fully vaccinated arrivals would not be capped and could quarantine at home for seven days. Since airlines are saying they will increase the number of flights that must be a big relief to people who have been trying to get back to Australia for months.

Agreed. Vague, irrelevant waffle as usual.

Singapore airlines have said ministers refuse to engage with them to add extra capacity. Qantas flight costs are expensive and have all but sold out to some territories. Who does SM think he's kidding with 45,000 of us stuck overseas, lifting the cap before Christmas will just make them even more bitter they had to pay mega bucks for the right to come home. Genuinely upsetting. Just do the right thing and set a date in the early year when everything will open - and we can all cruise too.

Edit: Oh, wait. That would mess up his election plans and posing in front of the camera dressed in Khaki :classic_ninja:

Edited by ollyoeno

Cruising has started again in USA, don't know why, 700,000 deaths now from USA Covid. Eclipsing the number who died in the 1918 Flu epidemic.   The whole of the USA should be locked down IMO, still out of control, as is UK.

On 10/2/2021 at 10:47 PM, NSWP said:

Cruising has started again in USA, don't know why, 700,000 deaths now from USA Covid. Eclipsing the number who died in the 1918 Flu epidemic.   The whole of the USA should be locked down IMO, still out of control, as is UK.

All that is 'out of control' is the money Murdoch is making from whipping Australia into a frenzy.

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m3883/rr

From the British Medical Journal itself, for people aged lower than 70 years the death rate is currently 0.05%, [2] which, for the population less vulnerable to deaths, is similar to influenza.

You're equally likely to die from Covid or flu, provided you are under 70. However, overall estimates for Covid-19 are higher, due to the higher fatality rate in elderly people.

Edited by ollyoeno

Ollyoeno - your data is 12 months old 🙄

Things are changing daily with Covid, as does the data.

Look hard enough Google will always give us the answer we want.

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1

Here's some speculation, at the moment Coral Princess is hanging around the Bahamas near Port Everglades. On the Princess forum someone has said that she will be in drydock at Cadiz from December 1 to December 15, 2021.

Cadiz might just be a scheduling matter, but maybe Princess are positioning Coral convenient to the Med for the 2022 northern summer season? Which would have her busy until at least Sept 2022. I can't see her being left idle until then on the wrong side of the Atlantic. Hopefully after that she will be available to come here for the 22/23 season.

Someone on the book of faces posted a recent photo of Coral docked somewhere in the Caribbean and it looked like she was being worked on. Hard to tell exactly what, probably repainting the exterior for starters.

So Carnival have announced another pause so things for a restart early new year looking grim.

"As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we are sorry to share the news that Carnival Cruise Line is pausing operations for selected Australian sailings departing from 15 March 2020 through to and including 7 February 2022.

CANCELLED CRUISES

• Carnival Splendor sailings through and including 7 February 2022
  • Carnival Spirit sailings through and including 20 February 2022"

1 minute ago, Cruisegroover said:

So Carnival have announced another pause so things for a restart early new year looking grim.

"As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we are sorry to share the news that Carnival Cruise Line is pausing operations for selected Australian sailings departing from 15 March 2020 through to and including 7 February 2022.

CANCELLED CRUISES

• Carnival Splendor sailings through and including 7 February 2022
  • Carnival Spirit sailings through and including 20 February 2022"

Princess cancelling Coral Princess could be next, IMHO.🤔