So, let's pick a cruise now for when this is all over. Which one?

cl.klink

1 hour ago, downsmead said:

Many congratulations Chemmo, we celebrate our 40th at the end of this month. It was our ‘excuse’ to have two cruises in April.

The weather is lovely again today, sun shining and blue skies, makes everything look and feel better.

Congratulations!

So sorry you will not be on your cruises but a good reason to enjoy all the more next time you cruise....Our next cruise is from Southampton in October...If it happens it happens, if it doesn’t it doesn’t matter.

As you say nice weather here makes all the difference. 

First, thank you for starting this thread!  We have a 11 night Touch the Canal cruise booked for next March.  I'm hopeful that a year from now, cruising will be back up and running and we will be sitting around the martini bar reminiscing about this unusual time that we're all living through and we'll toast to survival and gratitude for better days!

• Like 2

Hello everyone, we are supposed to sail on the Infinity May 9. It’s the first Mediterranean cruise after her TA,  somehow, I doubt that she will be sailing.  At this point we are still holding out since it doesn’t make much difference if we cancel now or wait a bit, we have decided to take a cash refund if Celebrity cancels.  I have looked for a similar cruise for May 2021, there is no cruise that comes even close.  We booked last August and have been anticipating (like everyone does) our trip and carefully planning shore excursions.  We’re not going to be able to travel in 2020 after June 10, hubby is going to have spinal fusion surgery and has been told that the recovery time is one year.  We know that he will begin feeling better before that year is up, but long distance flights are out of the question before January or February , and, who wants to go to the Mediterranean in the winter?  Oh well, c’est la vie.

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

Thanks GastroGnome!!!

We are counting our blessings...We celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary in July so clearly enjoy the company of each other! The garden is full of budding blooms and we have enough to do out there to ensure we have plenty of fresh air and exercise. 

Our food order came this morning minus milk but the wine came...they must know about what we see as essential.

Congratulations! More importantly, did the toilet rolls arrive 😆?

This is the only year in many that we hadn't yet booked our summer cruise; we were waiting for no.1 son to confirm whether he was sailing with us or not. Instead, it looks like we have him back now for the whole of the summer as it appears the universities may not return until the new year in Sept/Oct. As you know, we also have the younger one still at school, preparing for his A levels; whatever is going to happen with those is about as clear as when cruising will return to some normalcy.  However, there are still places around the world we’d love to see as a family, even if it takes a few years for everything to eventually calm down 🤞.

I have a Panama cruise booked for November.  Hoping the madness is over by then.  I'm thinking though that this mess is going to hurt the cruise industry for a few years.  I'm trying to get some friends to book a Greek Isle cruise NEXT sept (2021) and pretty much everyone I've asked is telling me they wont book any cruise because of the "germs".  It seems that there is a perception that cruise ships are just floating germ factories by much of the public.  On the plus side, this might help bring down those ridiculous prices on Celebrities med cruises.

40 minutes ago, villauk said:

Congratulations! More importantly, did the toilet rolls arrive 😆?

This is the only year in many that we hadn't yet booked our summer cruise; we were waiting for no.1 son to confirm whether he was sailing with us or not. Instead, it looks like we have him back now for the whole of the summer as it appears the universities may not return until the new year in Sept/Oct. As you know, we also have the younger one still at school, preparing for his A levels; whatever is going to happen with those is about as clear as when cruising will return to some normalcy.  However, there are still places around the world we’d love to see as a family, even if it takes a few years for everything to eventually calm down 🤞.

We didn’t order any! We always keep a reasonable stock and didn’t want to add to shortages...

So sorry your son’s education is being disturbed at such a critical time...a mess for people of all ages.

We are not hopeful that our October cruise (from Southampton) will happen. Our biggest disappointment is our son’s girlfriend was to cruise with us (her first ever cruise). 

We had booked the PH as a treat but...there is always next year....

Sincere best wishes that you and your family remain well. 

• Thanks 1

While I couldn’t use any FCC for it, I’d love to take the Edge Panama Canal cruise in March 2022. Maybe I’ll use this FCC on a booked cruise (conflicting signals there) and roll the $$$ to the 3/22 option.

mac_tlc

We feel blessed to have traveled much of the world with Celebrity. Hoping that our RCCL Jewel cruise departing 8/23 proceeds- it's a 55th anniversary celebration followed by 2 weeks in Bordeaux, the Dordogne & Paris where our DD & DSiL are planning on joining us.

The 9/9/2021 Pacific Coastal on the Millenium seems to be more of a certainty although who can say? May today's restrictions yield the positive outcome that's anticipated.

Good health to all.

• Like 1

We have a b/b Canada, New England then Caribbean in October which we are going to use our FCC towards hopefully. We also have a family cruise with NCL to Panama Canal for February 2021. Surely we will get on at least one of them 

6 hours ago, tartantiara said:

We have a b/b Canada, New England then Caribbean in October which we are going to use our FCC towards hopefully. We also have a family cruise with NCL to Panama Canal for February 2021. Surely we will get on at least one of them 

Sorry about your cancelled cruises. I envied you the itinerary. Take the cash....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, downsmead said:

We were due to sail on the 4 day Apex sailing (so disappointed at missing that) and have looked to ‘replace’ it but the upcoming Apex or Edge ones do not appeal.

There are not many itinerary’s left that interest us or that are not ridiculously expensive. We are so lucky to have done some incredible cruises over the years. 

21 hours ago, GRBlizz said:

I still want to see Apex or Edge. My cruise is not yet cancelled (April 13) but I can't see it going forward. So I've been looking at options in 2021.

I was also on the 4 days Apex, and very disappointed to miss the chance to board a brand new ship.

I cancelled before X cancelled, with the CWC FCC, and booked another Apex sailing at a "reasonable" price for May 2021.

I admit that the itinerary is not "something to write home about", but I very much long to cruise on Apex or Edge. Edge was more expensive.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

First, thank you for starting this thread!  We have a 11 night Touch the Canal cruise booked for next March.  I'm hopeful that a year from now, cruising will be back up and running and we will be sitting around the martini bar reminiscing about this unusual time that we're all living through and we'll toast to survival and gratitude for better days!

That's what I call a positive visualization!

- Joel

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Sorry about your cancelled cruises. I envied you the itinerary. Take the cash....

It was our dream cruise  Danni , 2 years in the planning but hey ho sh** happens , we just have to look forward to better times. Hope you manage the Apex , the Edge was amazing maybe catch up sometime 

Rosy 

• Thanks 1

We're booked on the 13th April Reflection ABC Islands sailing which was originally cancelled, then miraculously appeared again. I cant for one minute see it sailing however, and it was booked to celebrate my 65th birthday while on board. Our flights from the UK are cancelled and I have cancelled our hotel in Fort Lauderdale pre cruise without charge.

Going forward we have two other cruises booked with Celebrity.  August this year on the Norwegian Fjords Silhouette sailing and a New Orleans Mardi Gras sailing on the Equinox next February. Hopefully both those cruises will go ahead.

Looking forward to 2022 the identical ABC Islands on almost the same dates sailing on the Equinox is 2 nights less, missing an overnight at Aruba and not stopping at Cartgena, is £1500 more expensive and offering  $400 less OBC than we had on the original booking. 

Seems that's what we are going to be faced with as cruise lines in general seek to reclaim their losses

• 2 weeks later...

It's Summit, southern Caribbean, October 30, 2021. I wanted to have something to look forward to on what I hope will be the other side of this mess.  I think there are too many variables that either create risk or at least make things unpredictable between now and a year or more from now.

I wanted to book this cruise so that we can now connect to a happier and healthier time to come.  In that hopeful spirit, we are booking a sky suite (usually do not do suites), and will look forward to the large hump balcony. We have visited most of the ports but are mainly hoping to enjoy the ship.

Even if we can't make it, it feels nice to take a stand and connect to something happier down the line.

- Joel

Edited by cl.klink
  • Thanks 1

Something next year.

Our most favorite cruises were:

Around the Horn of South America

Norwegian cruise to the North Cape

Japan and China

TransPacific cruise from Sydney to Seattle

All our Med cruises including the Black Sea

British Isles