P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 minutes ago, zap99 said:

When we were having a spring clean during one of the lockdowns, DW said ' can we chuck out all these old Agatha Christie books yet, you've had them years. You must have every one She wrote.'🤔

Noooo, you can't do that! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We have a similar taste in books Sarah. Well I'll pop over now and see what they've name the new P&O monster.

Avril

I wish I'd not bothered😬.

We had torrential rain here earlier, but it's just drizzling now. 

Got up about 8am this morning and wandered across the landing, as you do, and on my way back I heard our elderly next door neighbour shouting for help. I woke Frank, put a raincoat over my dressing gown and ran round. Her tall side gate was locked and we couldn't get to her, so Frank went back to our garden and climbed over the fence while I phoned her daughter. Frank got her up and took her inside.  She was soaked to the skin. Her daughter's taken her to A&E to make sure she's alright, but it looks like small cuts and grazes and some bruising. So that's our good deed for the day. We had a coffee when we got back and Frank  turned to me and said

''Do you know Av, the last time I jumped a fence was when your dad chased me'' Happy days😁

Avril

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Got up about 8am this morning and wandered across the landing, as you do, and on my way back I heard our elderly next door neighbour shouting for help. I woke Frank, put a raincoat over my dressing gown and ran round. Her tall side gate was locked and we couldn't get to her, so Frank went back to our garden and climbed over the fence while I phoned her daughter. Frank got her up and took her inside.  She was soaked to the skin. Her daughter's taken her to A&E to make sure she's alright, but it looks like small cuts and grazes and some bruising. So that's our good deed for the day. We had a coffee when we got back and Frank  turned to me and said

''Do you know Av, the last time I jumped a fence was when your dad chased me'' Happy days😁

Avril

Oh no poor lady! Had she got locked out? Hope she’s ok and we’ll done to Frank for managing to get over the fence 😁

Hope she’s ok Avril

How’s your kidney-stone friend doing now?

We’ve got a nice day now - bright and sunny.  Have done the dog walk, to the cricket field which is a lot better underfoot than the ‘dog field’. We met a cockerpoo pup same age as ours, so they had a good run around together.  Ours now sound asleep 💤 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SarahHben said:

Oh no poor lady! Had she got locked out? Hope she’s ok and we’ll done to Frank for managing to get over the fence 😁

He didn't do a bad job at 75.  She'd gone out to the bin, slipped in the pouring rain and couldn't get back up. Her house door was open, but she has a high side gate which she keeps bolted from the inside, so we couldn't get round the back of the house to her. She's in her 90's but still so independant. I'm waiting for her daughter to let me know how she is.

Avril

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Frank got her up and took her inside.  She was soaked to the skin. Her daughter's taken her to A&E to make sure she's alright, but it looks like small cuts and grazes and some bruising. So that's our good deed for the day. We had a coffee when we got back and Frank  turned to me and said

Avril

I can see why you don't bother reading books about Superheroes !

You live with one ..Well done Frank :classic_smile:

Has he got a Superhero name ? Like the Frank the flash -hedgehopper :classic_wink::classic_unsure:

🎵Into Cudworth and Beyond 🎵  I'm impressed Avril as I bet you are .

Anyhow back to my book  "The production of Helium and it's uses"

A fantastic book I can't put it down :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I raced through the first HP book purely to be able to chat to the children in school about it, but they’re definitely not my cup of tea. My eldest loved them all and is hoping to visit Harry Potter World. I’m into biographies and books on social history. Read a very interesting book last year about the role of women post WW1. Very well written and still relatable as I knew my paternal grandmother into my early 20s and we would love talking about those days. 

27 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

He didn't do a bad job at 75.  She'd gone out to the bin, slipped in the pouring rain and couldn't get back up. Her house door was open, but she has a high side gate which she keeps bolted from the inside, so we couldn't get round the back of the house to her. She's in her 90's but still so independant. I'm waiting for her daughter to let me know how she is.

Avril

I hope that she is not too badly hurt.  Well done Frank

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

I've read a good cross section of books now.Tom Clancy,Dan Brown and Lee Childs among a few.Can't wait for the charity shops to reopen to carry on browsing.

Oh yes I forgot about Tom Clancy and Dan Brown. I haven’t read any Lee Childs.

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Tom Clancy is one of my fave authors.  Along with Stephen Coonts.

Tom Clancy's one of my favourites.All that military and terrorist stuff.Red storm rising seemed endless.Brian.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

You're not saying it was a shotgun wedding sis?

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

This used to happen to us so often that I installed a gate in our back fence.

When our elderly neighbors moved I screwed the gate shut, we now have younger neighbours so it might be time to unscrew it in case we need help ourselves.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

If you do read them you will be as baffled as I am as to how Tom Cruise was ever cast as Jack Reacher!!!

That was a strange one, casting a 5ft 7" bloke as someone who was supposed to be 7ft 15", however I enjoyed the films.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Has anyone tried the Mick Herron Slow Horses books

Spy stuff (British) with a lot of dry humour

There’s an ongoing series but Slow Horses will start you off

Yes, read them all except the latest. Well plotted, and with a droll sense of humour.

He has also written the Zoe Boheme series as well - not quite as good, imho.

Another fan of crime stories here. Have read most of Agatha Christie's but my favourite has to be Miss Marple. I can read those over and over again and even have the BBC version of them with Joan Hickson. Nothing like reading The Caribbean Mystery when you are on holiday with a cocktail in  hand. Brilliant. Also love to read Midsummer Murders (even though I've watched them on the telly) and last year read the Prime Suspect books at someone's recommendation. They were good too.

Love to watch Sci - Fi though - Star Trek, Stargate etc etc, but funnily enough never want to read any of the books.

Like some of you others Harry Potter has never appealed to me at all.

Now don't shoot me, but I also like to read Jeremy Clarkson's books 😉

48 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

That was a strange one, casting a 5ft 7" bloke as someone who was supposed to be 7ft 15", however I enjoyed the films.

I don't know why he is cast to play anyone at all to be honest. For some reason I really do not like him at all, he is just soooooooo annoying. Must be like marmite as some people love him 😉