P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning everyone, I hope that you have all survived last night without too much damage.

Today is the end of an era for me, I will be doing my last shift at the vaccine hub, it will officially close tomorrow and the scouts will reclaim their hall.  Looking back it has been an interesting experience, when we started we were vaccinating over a thousand people each day that we were open, yesterday we only did 67.  I have made some lovely friends who I will be meeting up with socially. 

3 of us have worked together since day 1, though for the last 6 weeks due to the reduced need for so many volunteers 1 lady has done Friday and Sunday, the other has done Saturday and Sunday and I have done Friday and Saturday so we have all seen each other each weekend but not been all together.

Take care whatever you are doing today.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 11

10 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Good morning everyone, I hope that you have all survived last night without too much damage.

Today is the end of an era for me, I will be doing my last shift at the vaccine hub, it will officially close tomorrow and the scouts will reclaim their hall.  Looking back it has been an interesting experience, when we started we were vaccinating over a thousand people each day that we were open, yesterday we only did 67.  I have made some lovely friends who I will be meeting up with socially. 

3 of us have worked together since day 1, though for the last 6 weeks due to the reduced need for so many volunteers 1 lady has done Friday and Sunday, the other has done Saturday and Sunday and I have done Friday and Saturday so we have all seen each other each weekend but not been all together.

Take care whatever you are doing today.

Morning everyone.

Thank you Josy for all the work and time you have spent helping to get this virus under control.

It's very quiet down here this morning after all the winds of yesterday. I have just checked the weather forecast and there is now a flood alert out, due to the high tides! 

I've got an early start this morning as I have to get up to Truro for 8.30am for a MRI scan. When that's down I'm going to take myself down into the town shopping as I was given some vouchers for Christmas. 

Hope nobody has suffered any damage due the storms and that you are all safe. Enjoy your day.

Pam 

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone.

Thank you Josy for all the work and time you have spent helping to get this virus under control.

It's very quiet down here this morning after all the winds of yesterday. I have just checked the weather forecast and there is now a flood alert out, due to the high tides! 

I've got an early start this morning as I have to get up to Truro for 8.30am for a MRI scan. When that's down I'm going to take myself down into the town shopping as I was given some vouchers for Christmas. 

Hope nobody has suffered any damage due the storms and that you are all safe. Enjoy your day.

Pam 

I hope that everything goes well with your MRI.

We were lucky last night with storms but my cousin who lives 5 minutes walk away from us lost power for 2 hours.  The forecast for today is for sleet and snow showers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone.

Pam 

Good luck with MRI scan, Pam.

Sunny and calm here at the moment so Freddie can enjoy his usual walk this morning. Didn’t get out until after 3pm yesterday and then only for 20 mins - safety was paramount for both of us. Missing one walk would do neither of us any harm…….

I hope no one suffered major damage and/or power losses.

Edited by Angel57
Spelling
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I hope everyone made it through yesterday and night without power cuts or trees down etc.  I admit to being a bit nervous, keeping an eye on the big trees in the garden and taking a torch to bed.

Happened to switch on tv at breakfast time, and inadvertently saw my first bit of the Olympics - chose well, as it was the very exciting final of the men's curling.  Wasn't it good?

• Like 10

On 2/18/2022 at 10:22 AM, kalos said:

Watching Heathrow airport live and due to the wind shear I've seen 5 go around flights 

up to yet and the wind is still increasing over the next 2 hours :classic_ohmy:

https://youtu.be/vPQh1FrbOc0     Live stream 

Good morning.

It is 6°C and cloudy here.

The photos were yesterday morning in Spain where we had 7 fantastic nights at our favourite hotel.

Our flight from Malaga to Newcastle yesterday afternoon was fine.

We had a good tailwind.

A number of flights had been diverted to Newcastle yesterday.

IMG_20220218_073909.jpg

IMG_20220218_094406.jpg

• Like 10

4 hours ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone.

Pam 

Prayers 🙏 for a successful result on your MRI scan Pam.

Graham 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Light snow here in Bolton and incredibly still, not a breath of wind.

72239EAE-6B6F-46C6-BF41-19576AC7F194.jpeg

The beginings of wet sleety snow here right now, but a slight wind and it's bloomin' cold too. I'm blaming the snow moon😉

Spring really is just around the corner isn't it??

Avril

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Our neighbours at the back have these 2 bloody 40ft fir trees.I was praying they'd blow down,lol.Even at the sacrifice of our shed.

Our next door but one had one go in the storm the other week ,when that came down it was

laid over next doors as well as part of ours . Yesterday another one fell taking out his BBQ

and a good bit of his own fencing this time . Can get a bit costly owning a big overgrown 

Christmas tree :classic_sad::classic_sad: The good news is his biggest one is still standing, for now :classic_ohmy::classic_unsure:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Our neighbours at the back have these 2 bloody 40ft fir trees.I was praying they'd blow down,lol.Even at the sacrifice of our shed.

Careful what you wish for! 

The garden at the bottom of ours has become something of a wildlife reserve over recent years because it's been neglected by the owner.  On the plus side, there are a couple of buzzards' nests in there somewhere and other wildlife.  On the negative side, though, the trees are not being looked after.

One of them fell into our garden a while back, wrecking the entire garden and clipping the back of the house as well.  Total damage in the order of £30,000, mostly but not entirely covered by our insurance.  Ultimately, though, the neighbour had to pay the full £30,000 back to our insurance company because they took action against him to recover it.  Tricky things, trees!

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I had a shock when a lady came into the hub this morning looking like a snow person, it has turned to sleet at this end of the city now though.

Likewise here, snow to sleet and now just looks dull and miserable. Better for the big football game this afternoon though. 

33 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

The beginings of wet sleety snow here right now, but a slight wind and it's bloomin' cold too. I'm blaming the snow moon😉

Spring really is just around the corner isn't it??

Avril

I hope so!! Daffodils are coming out which is a good sign 

Michelle 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Light snow here in Bolton and incredibly still, not a breath of wind.

72239EAE-6B6F-46C6-BF41-19576AC7F194.jpeg

I have just been in Sainsbury’s in Blackpool and while I was in there is started snowing heavily. All roads covered when I came out. Still snowing but not as much, temp in my car was zero degrees 

Michelle

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

How is the wind in Blackpool Michelle? The snow has been replaced by light rain here but, thankfully, still no wind.

Wind not too bad, Blackpool seems worse than Lytham St Annes and there was more snow there too x

Michelle

46 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

The garden at the bottom of ours has become something of a wildlife reserve over recent years because it's been neglected by the owner.  On the plus side, there are a couple of buzzards' nests in there somewhere and other wildlife.  On the negative side, though, the trees are not being looked after.

One of them fell into our garden a while back, wrecking the entire garden and clipping the back of the house as well.  Total damage in the order of £30,000, mostly but not entirely covered by our insurance.  Ultimately, though, the neighbour had to pay the full £30,000 back to our insurance company because they took action against him to recover it.  Tricky things, trees!

Just wishful thinking on my part.These 2 are the bendiest most resilient sods ever grown.I did my bit for conservation,I bought a potted 2ft xmas tree.

Well I've been into Truro and been scanned, stabbed and got soaked. Now just have to wait for the results. Typically now I'm home the sun is shining, although still windy. Heard on the radio on the way back that we have a yellow weather warning for more 60 mph winds🙄

Yesterday booked a villa in Sicily for a family holiday in September and while out this morning have booked a cruise for the end of April😄. Something to look forward to.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Well I've been into Truro and been scanned, stabbed and got soaked. Now just have to wait for the results. Typically now I'm home the sun is shining, although still windy. Heard on the radio on the way back that we have a yellow weather warning for more 60 mph winds🙄

Yesterday booked a villa in Sicily for a family holiday in September and while out this morning have booked a cruise for the end of April😄. Something to look forward to.

Hope all your scan and test results come back ok.

Two holidays booked sounds good and as you say something to look forward to

Michelle

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Similar situation at ours, though the trees haven't yet fallen.  A long list of correspondence where I've pointed out to the chap that in the event of damage, our insurers will recoup their losses as yours did.   I don't know whether he just doesn't give a damn or can't afford to sort his trees.  Eventually we cut back the stuff that was overhanging our borders simply to protect our own stuff (decent size log cabin).  His trees are now more likely to fall on his property 😀, and in the event that damage is caused to our property we can show our insurers that we've taken steps to ensure protecting our property.

Oddly enough, I do quite like the trees though!  Had a large crows nest drop out and land on he cabin roof once.  Prior to that used to watch the magpies battle the crows for the tree.

• Like 1