P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Oh gosh all these stories of bad seas. Makes me feel sick thinking about it. 

I don’t like bob. What does everyone use for sea sickness? 
is the back of the ship ok cos that’s where we are 😳

We were at the front last time we went and it’s only the second time in my life I was actually scared like that. 

Think of a see saw , the closer to the middle , the less it moves both ends move the same .

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Oh gosh all these stories of bad seas. Makes me feel sick thinking about it. 

I don’t like bob. What does everyone use for sea sickness? 
is the back of the ship ok cos that’s where we are 😳

We were at the front last time we went and it’s only the second time in my life I was actually scared like that. 

I am lucky and never get sea sick, my wife the opposite. She swears by Stugeron and starts taking them the morning before we board and continues every eight hours. It's no good waiting until you are sick, they prevent not cure.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

BooHoo... just had an e mail from Travel Agent telling us our May Cruise on Queen Victoria has been cancelled due to the Covid Crisis!!!!     Strange. 

It was a round Britain and Ireland Cruise and twice the price of going further afield!   Apparently Cunard will be contacting us shortly.

We only paid the balance a few days ago.

Oh well, such is life

I must admit I feel a bit suspicious that they made this announcement after everyone paid. Can’t help thinking that they wanted the funds in their coffers, in the hope that people would go for FCC.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

I hope everyone in the red weather zone keeps safe tonight. The forecast does not look good.The amber one as well. 

Just watched the local news and we the red warning is along the north coast and we can expect waves of 9m. We are on the north coast, so I think we are in for a rough time!

2 hours ago, alpha whiskey said:

Tell DW to not wear flowing skirt either... with arms crossed on chest, no chance of holding it down when you hit that slide🤣😱

To be honest, if she was sliding down the chute to exit the plane in an emergency, I guess modesty would not be uppermost in her thinking.🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

We are only about a mile, walking distance, from the coast so I think we are in for a rough ride. My daughter called in on the way home and says that all the schools in Penzance and a lot of the others in Cornwall are closed because of the weather.

At present it is quiet, not a breath of wind!!

I was looking a some Cornwall webcams earlier. Sea looked a bit choppy.🤣

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I posted the same, but can't find it now.  I must be missing it.

Someone seems to be telling porkies.  Cunard say the above, but our Agent says it's covid related.  I'm inclined to believe Cunard.  We only paid up two days ago.  Surely the cancellation must have been in the pipeline then.

Never mind.  We will go for refund too I expect

QV is staying longer in the Caribbean to continue as a quarantine ship.

• Like 2

Take care anyone who has to travel tomorrow morning, it looks like it could be a bad one.

I hope that any of you who are boarding a ship tomorrow in Southampton get there without any trouble and that the ship is waiting for you and not stuck somewhere else.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

BooHoo... just had an e mail from Travel Agent telling us our May Cruise on Queen Victoria has been cancelled due to the Covid Crisis!!!!     Strange. 

It was a round Britain and Ireland Cruise and twice the price of going further afield!   Apparently Cunard will be contacting us shortly.

Oh well, such is life

Oh what a shame... 

Princess are doing a couple of cracking round Britain cruises in May... 

Andy 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

To be honest, if she was sliding down the chute to exit the plane in an emergency, I guess modesty would not be uppermost in her thinking.🤣

Very true....It wasn't on mine at the time. At least those with their phone videos didn't get to see my face 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Oh well, such is life

Have you looked at Princess? They have several round Britain cruises, there are slight differences in the itineraries.  We have booked a 12 day one in July, that has ports in England, Ireland, Wales, Scotland, Guernsey and Le Havre, only 2 sea days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Excellent jouurney today to just outside Winchester. Left 0930 arrived at 1500, with two stops. Very nice pub, lovely room, excellent beer and menu, which includes venison, a favourite of mine. Travelling to Southampton tomorrow, so will take it easy. Stay safe everyone.

Do take extra care travelling down tomorrow bob. Have a safe journey.

Avril

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I must admit I feel a bit suspicious that they made this announcement after everyone paid. Can’t help thinking that they wanted the funds in their coffers, in the hope that people would go for FCC.

Similar to taking bookings on ships they knew they were selling😏

Avril

• Like 3

P2170057.thumb.JPG.4d59975ad49d2e047e9094f11fc05d34.JPGSorry to hear the storms are bad at home, it is nice to be in the sun when the weather is not so good at home but not to the extent that is occurring. The weather here is almost perfect, maybe a little too hot at peak times but it will do me. We took an excursion today; highlights of Lanzarote, a great day if a little tiring, must be the age thing.

We started by driving through the lava seas of Timanfaya national park up into the top of the park. The views were breathtaking especially with the sky being clear. We had a great guide who was very knowledgeable, I could have actually taught him a thing or two as vulcanology was one of the favourite aspects of Earth science when I was studying. We then stopped at a little village for a buffet lunch which was very enjoyable, washed down by local wine. We then travelled to the north of the island to visit Cueva de los Verdes, which are the lava tubes, we were impressed by how extensive the caves were and how many levels we were allowed in, I did feel a bit like Quasimodo when we got out as some of the overheads were a bit low. We visited the cave at Jameos del Agua which was fine but a bit tame. 

P2170045.JPG

P2170035.JPG

P2170033.JPG

P2170031.JPG

P2170001.JPG

Edited by yorkshirephil
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

P2170057.thumb.JPG.4d59975ad49d2e047e9094f11fc05d34.JPGSorry to hear the storms are bad at home, it is nice to be in the sun when the weather is not so good at home but not to the extent that is occurring. The weather here is almost perfect, maybe a little too hot at peak times but it will do me. We took an excursion today; highlights of Lanzarote, a great day if a little tiring, must be the age thing.

We started by driving through the lava seas of Timanfaya national park up into the top of the park. The views were breathtaking especially with the sky being clear. We had a great guide who was very knowledgeable, I could have actually taught him a thing or two as vulcanology was one of the favourite aspects of Earth science when I was studying. We then stopped at a little village for a buffet lunch which was very enjoyable, washed down by local wine. We then travelled to the north of the island to visit Cueva de los Verdes, which are the lava tubes, we were impressed by how extensive the caves were and how many levels we were allowed in, I did feel a bit like Quasimodo when we got out as some of the overheads were a bit low. We visited the cave at Jameos del Agua which was fine but a bit tame. 

P2170045.JPG

P2170035.JPG

P2170033.JPG

P2170031.JPG

P2170001.JPG

We found the lava seas interesting, very eerie when travelling through them. The earth must have looked like that at its begining. You can see why astronauts trained there.

Manrique's home built into the lava tubes was fascinating too. 

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 2

The wind is picking up here and I do have to go out unfortunately because I am in the vaccine hub today, though it is only until 11am today.   My sister has an appointment to bring her husband in for his 4th vaccine so I am hoping that they will be ok.

David has just shown his face and offered to take me to the hub so that the car won't be a sitting target for flying debris.

Take care everyone.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

So far so good wind seems to be picking up, will be a quick walk out with the dog this morning.

Gosh, I’m not far from Poole and it is very blustery here. Dog is going to have to miss his walk today!

Take care.

• Like 1

Wind picking up here in Shropshire, noticeable increase since 6.30 this morning, worst is expected around midday. I noticed on this mornings forecast that predicted gusts are up to 59mph, down from the 67mph predicted last night, 

Just received email to say Tesco order on its way, ours is an early delivery, no substitutions this week, although there were about 10 items we couldn’t order as unavailable.

Not going anywhere today will venture outside to get bin in once collected and that’s it, was due to be on a volunteer session at the abbey this afternoon, but that’s off as not opening up.

• Like 1