P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

We seem to be flip flopping between sun and rain and the wind has started to pick up. We usually go out for lunch on Friday when I have been to the hub but when  my husband came to pick me up from the hub he told be that he had already called and cancelled our booking so salad for lunch today.  I am glad I walked to the hub this morning because I don't feel guilty about not going for my daily stroll this afternoon.

• Like 1

Winds here in my part of Shropshire meant to be at peak now, the Lime Trees in the churchyard waving about, one small tree covered in Ivy has gone over, plus there is large conifer leaning at about 80%, have report both to council as they maintain churchyard and have asked people to report damage and fallen trees via app. These 2 won’t be high priority as the occupants in churchyard unlikely to be affected.

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Our forecast was for hail, rain and the wind.  Only got the wind and sunshine.  Had to go to the vet this morning.  The boot door nearly came out of my hand!

Meanwhile the brain dead gang decide to get in the sea at New Brighton, Merseyside, 

they thought it a nice day for a swim .The coastguard thought otherwise :classic_unsure:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-60434219

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

Meanwhile the brain dead gang decide to get in the sea at New Brighton, Merseyside, 

they thought it a nice day for a swim .The coastguard thought otherwise :classic_unsure:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-60434219

At least one had his socks and gloves on to keep warm😁

Avril

• Haha 6

Good news is that my power is now back; so less than an hour this time.  I’m holding my breath though because we are susceptible to power cuts here at the best of times. Kalos, I had taken your advice though 😇 - flask, candles and battery operated radio all at the ready.  Just as DH had got the generator ready too 😁

• Like 7

I’m glad my work shift has finished and I’m now downstairs, there was quite a bit of creaking in the loft 😱 I looked out my ‘office’ window and a fence panel is down in our front garden. It was a bit ropey anyway. 
I’ve been keeping the heating on in case we get a power cut so it keeps the house warm too. (Great minds think alike Kalos!)

John got home safely and then went to take the fence panel round the back - it was like a Ronnie Barker sketch the way he was weaving about 😁

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

Our garden swing took a walk round our garden 🥴 the elastic bungees that hold the rain cover on snapped. Husband and son had to manhandle it to a more sheltered spot, husband has tied it to the shed so I hope the shed doesn’t fly away!

Some fence panels have broken but they are all still attached to each other so the whole stretch is blowing around 🙄

• Like 6

It is a source of hilarity round here that we have six sheds and a garage (used for music).Mr. Previous Owner must have had a thing about them.  They are all fitted out for a purpose.  Apparently people round here call us Shed City!!!🙂    This is the first real storm since moving in so we have been a bit scared all day they are going to fly off.

We too took your advice Kalos and got emergency stuff out.

We also looked at the Heathrow webcam.. wow that was scary stuff.

As Cunard kindly cancelled our May cruise yesterday, we have been trying to find another Round Britain one, but it seems there aren't many.  We have decided to try the new Ambassador Ambience.  We had quite heated discussions with them over my tiny scooter, which is so small it even goes in a plane cabin.   After much debate we came to a compromise  after a Senior Supervisor stepped in.

So now its cancel and book a different hotel, cancel and rebook cattery.  Cancel and rebook car parking and on and on it goes!🤣

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Our garden swing took a walk round our garden 🥴 the elastic bungees that hold the rain cover on snapped. Husband and son had to manhandle it to a more sheltered spot, husband has tied it to the shed so I hope the shed doesn’t fly away!

Some fence panels have broken but they are all still attached to each other so the whole stretch is blowing around 🙄

Our swing was giving us some fun too. Frank had taken the canopy off earlier hoping that the bare bones would be ok, but no. The wind was blowing the swing backwards a forwards and built up a momentum until it tipped it over completely. We got it back up and he unhooked the  swing, sat it on patio and weighted it down. The only problem now is the chains from the swing are blowing about and it sounds like we're being haunted by Marley's ghost.😁

It will be over soon. Stay safe and warm everyone.

Edited by Adawn47
oops
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

41 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

As Cunard kindly cancelled our May cruise yesterday, we have been trying to find another Round Britain one, but it seems there aren't many.  We have decided to try the new Ambassador Ambience.  We had quite heated discussions with them over my tiny scooter, which is so small it even goes in a plane cabin.   After much debate we came to a compromise  after a Senior Supervisor stepped in.

So now its cancel and book a different hotel, cancel and rebook cattery.  Cancel and rebook car parking and on and on it goes!🤣

We cancelled our cruise on QE in March and booked a Princess British Isles cruise in June. They do them repeatedly from May to September and we really enjoy them and the port they call at we have done a few over the years.

We seem to have got off lightly, the only things to go for a walk were 2 watering cans that live next to the water butts.  The rain stopped while we were watching lingo.  The sun has come out and we just have light wispy clouds.  I am hoping that we don't get a repeat tomorrow.