P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Paw13 said:

Thank you Zap.

I love looking out to sea and McDonald's and the nearest beach is in our area of the city.

Graham drives me all over when we don't have a Lockdown and always lets me choose where to go and which restaurant to eat in.

Pauline xx.

Me too Pauline, we love looking out to the sea only live 5 minutes drive from the coast, we all enjoy Graham’s pictures of the sea front and you having your snacks 

I’m glad your Sarah is coping ok at the moment must be a worry for you when she lives alone, give graham my best wishes for Wednesday morning eye appointment check up and for his COVID jab later that day , both of you stay safe and we all certainly hope you pop back on when you can for a chat 😊

take care Sandra 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Paw13 said:

Thank you Avril.

I only joined cruise critic to let Graham's friends on here and Royal Caribbean forums know Sarah and Graham are okay.

I hope you are well.

Love Pauline xx

I think you can see how much we all value Graham’s posts and worry when he is quiet. Thank you for posting Pauline and hope also you continue to post.

Take care and hope Sarah continues to be ok.

Gill x

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Presto2 said:

We have been ordering and collecting or having the wine delivered. 

It really would be good for us to meet up - 

One day we can have a Cruise Critics Reunited Party somewhere.

The Moathouse Acton Trussell is nice too - a nice function room ...

Must get a list of where people live and work out a central point

Might as well ease back to the norm.What's the dress code going to be?Do we tip the waiters?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Me too Pauline, we love looking out to the sea only live 5 minutes drive from the coast, we all enjoy Graham’s pictures of the sea front and you having your snacks 

I’m glad your Sarah is coping ok at the moment must be a worry for you when she lives alone, give graham my best wishes for Wednesday morning eye appointment check up and for his COVID jab later that day , both of you stay safe and we all certainly hope you pop back on when you can for a chat 😊

take care Sandra 

Thank you Sandra.

I will pass on your best wishes.

I only joined to make 2 posts.

1 on here and 1 on Royal Caribbean to let everyone know how our Sarah and my Graham were.

Everyone has been lovely to me and I thank everyone for their warm welcome to me.

Lots of love and hugs to everyone.

Pauline ❤️❤️

• Like 13

35 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I think you can see how much we all value Graham’s posts and worry when he is quiet. Thank you for posting Pauline and hope also you continue to post.

Take care and hope Sarah continues to be ok.

Gill x

Thank you Gill for caring about Sarah and Graham.

I don't post on social media but Graham asked me to join CC and put 1 post on here and 1 post on RC to let his friends know Sarah and Graham are well and he should be back on Thursday afternoon.

Lots of Love 💕

• Like 9

It’s the most beautiful morning here.  Wall to wall sun & blue sky.  Warm enough.  Didn’t need any lights on after 7.15 this morning - early sun was flooding in.  Only drawback is that the seagulls were awake and vocal from about 5.30am

• Like 1

If anybody can bear it, Gavin Williamson is leading a Downing Street press conference at 5 today.  Ooooooh Betty!  
Jenny Harries also there 

I think I may be busy giving the cat an enema or something just then - actually I think I’ll be making kedgeree for our supper.  Not like the P&O kedgeree (How do people eat that for BREAKFAST?  Respect!)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

If anybody can bear it, Gavin Williamson is leading a Downing Street press conference at 5 today.  Ooooooh Betty!  
Jenny Harries also there 

I think I may be busy giving the cat an enema or something just then - actually I think I’ll be making kedgeree for our supper.  Not like the P&O kedgeree (How do people eat that for BREAKFAST?  Respect!)

Nope, can't face that - would rather have a healthy fruit laden breakfast on a cruise ----- melon, grapefruit and other fruity stuff early morning. Yuk

10 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

I’m very surprised Kalos has not posted on here today , he always starts the day off with a weather report and a poem , I hope you’re feeling well Kalos and Mrs K , missed your morning schedule 😔

sandra

Good morning Sandra & everyone else , were fine thank you, I was about yesterday but 

posting on the other threads such as the Vaccine one . We were busy sorting out Mrs K's 

jab as as the system had missed her out when she was due but all is well now and will 

be jabbed Saturday .

Todays weather is quite pleasant compared to yesterday when it was very windy , very

calm today 8.c and should hit double figures of 11.c   

Yesterday I was fuming with the service I got from our local shop as I had bought a 

product and put it to one side and found out when I came to use it , it was useless

,a duff no good , so I thought "not fit for purpose " I know, I will return it to the shop and 

get a replacement . On arriving at the shop I explained to the young lady and asked for 

my money back or even a replacement for said goods . I was really  disappointed with 

her attitude .." No chance, I'm not doing it"  But the dam thing is useless , why would I buy

it if it does not work for me  ,tell you what ,get your manager here right now, which she

did to be fair and he was as bad as her . I just left the shop in disgust and vowed never to 

buy a lottery ticket from them again if that's how they treat their customers  :classic_unsure:

That's enough of my problems though ,hope you all have a good day and stay  safe .:classic_smile:

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

My neighbour has just told me that I broke the law yesterday, which I admit to doing but there were extenuating circumstances.  She is upset because I let my niece leave her 10 year old daughter with us when she and her husband went for an appointment to discuss the next stage of her cancer treatment. Nan & Gramps were also at a hospital appointment.

Dilemma: Should I have said no and forced them to take her with them?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

My neighbour has just told me that I broke the law yesterday, which I admit to doing but there were extenuating circumstances.  She is upset because I let my niece leave her 10 year old daughter with us when she and her husband went for an appointment to discuss the next stage of her cancer treatment. Nan & Gramps were also at a hospital appointment.

Have you got a shed?

Sometimes,  in the current environment,  you just have to do what you think is best . There is no way that the daughter could have attended the appointment, so the only alternative would have been to leave her alone somewhere.

I think you did the right thing, and your neighbour should mind his own business.

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

A childcare bubble is allowed, but it would also be classed as essential care in my view. I would have done the same as you.

• Like 12

There must be all sorts of emergencies where people have to make a balanced judgement.  All the more reason why we should ALL respect the rules/regulations/guidelines the 99.99% of the time we are able to.  Then, the emergency “law-breaking” is unlikely to have any epidemic-related repercussions 

IMO there was nothing else which could have been done Josy.  Hope everyone is fine today

I would have no compunction “dobbing in” neighbours holding house or garden parties.  Other than that I would try to keep my nose out

• Like 3

I personally wouldn't worry about the neighbour Josy as a child's safety  and welfare

comes first , yes we have laws and rules but we also have common sense better known

as using your brain .  Thinking outside the box  ,if your neighbour had neighbours across 

from them and their house was on fire ,they had escaped ,stood their with a small child 

and were all stood in their nightwear dithering in freezing temperatures.

Would they A) Tell them come into their house where they are safe and phone Fire services.

Or B) Tell them due to Covid rules to stay where they are and wait for the Fire services to arrive ?:classic_wacko:

Sometimes we have little choice but to do the right thing ,which is what you have done .:classic_smile:

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I think you did exactly the right thing. No question. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Sometimes,  in the current environment,  you just have to do what you think is best . There is no way that the daughter could have attended the appointment, so the only alternative would have been to leave her alone somewhere.

I think you did the right thing, and your neighbour should mind his own business.

There's your answer, Josy. Well said, wowzz.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Nope, can't face that - would rather have a healthy fruit laden breakfast on a cruise ----- melon, grapefruit and other fruity stuff early morning. Yuk

Dont know what the yuk relates to  but i like fruity stuff for breakfast on a cruise. Problem now is its a bit embarrassing to say " I will have a spoonful

of plain yohurt, a spoonful of meusli  some mixed fruit, salad  one or two prunes 3 bits of melon  a couple of peaches and  spoonful of nuts and  a spoonful of those candied fruits."     Oh dont bother  I think its nearly lunch time.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Thank you everyone, I was starting to doubt my decision making abilities.  OH thinks she is upset because her ex-DiL hasn't let them see their grandson since last summer.

You need a new neighbour, not new decision-making abilities.:classic_smile:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1