P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

37 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Dont know what the yuk relates to  but i like fruity stuff for breakfast on a cruise. Problem now is its a bit embarrassing to say " I will have a spoonful

of plain yohurt, a spoonful of meusli  some mixed fruit, salad  one or two prunes 3 bits of melon  a couple of peaches and  spoonful of nuts and  a spoonful of those candied fruits."     Oh dont bother  I think its nearly lunch time.  

I had yogurt with fruit.I'd then go back and have 2 eggs,bacon,sausage,black pudding,mushrooms,toms and beans with 2 slices of toast.Nowadays I have 1 Weetabix with berries,lol.

50 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Thank you everyone, I was starting to doubt my decision making abilities.  OH thinks she is upset because her ex-DiL hasn't let them see their grandson since last summer.

Personally if that happened to me I would tell my neighbour to mind his/her own business and if felt that strong to phone the police see what they would do. I dont think they would do anything under the circumstances and would understand the actions you took. Also it would be the last time I would speak or have anything to do with the neighbour.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Thank you everyone, I was starting to doubt my decision making abilities.  OH thinks she is upset because her ex-DiL hasn't let them see their grandson since last summer.

I agree with your decision, it's exactly what we would have done in similar circumstances. 

As I like to state all too frequently  Rules are for the guidance of the wise and the observance of fools.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

My neighbour has just told me that I broke the law yesterday, which I admit to doing but there were extenuating circumstances.  She is upset because I let my niece leave her 10 year old daughter with us when she and her husband went for an appointment to discuss the next stage of her cancer treatment. Nan & Gramps were also at a hospital appointment.

Dilemma: Should I have said no and forced them to take her with them?

Absolutely not Josy.  A cancer consultation could have been a very traumatic experience for a 10-year-old.  We have to remember there are always exceptions to every rule and compassion wins out every time.  I would tell your neighbour that I hope he/she is never put to the same test themselves.  Well done you.  Best wishes.  Jane.x   

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

My neighbour has just told me that I broke the law yesterday, which I admit to doing but there were extenuating circumstances.  She is upset because I let my niece leave her 10 year old daughter with us when she and her husband went for an appointment to discuss the next stage of her cancer treatment. Nan & Gramps were also at a hospital appointment.

Dilemma: Should I have said no and forced them to take her with them?

You absolutely did the right thing for everyone involved 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Dont know what the yuk relates to  but i like fruity stuff for breakfast on a cruise. Problem now is its a bit embarrassing to say " I will have a spoonful

of plain yohurt, a spoonful of meusli  some mixed fruit, salad  one or two prunes 3 bits of melon  a couple of peaches and  spoonful of nuts and  a spoonful of those candied fruits."     Oh dont bother  I think its nearly lunch time.  

I LOVE fruit but I can't face the thoughts of eating it at breakfast.  Just me and recognise that everyone is different 😉 Some days I just have the cereal and a good old fashioned piece of toast. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I LOVE fruit but I can't face the thoughts of eating it at breakfast.  Just me and recognise that everyone is different 😉 Some days I just have the cereal and a good old fashioned piece of toast. 

As you say everyone is different, I have fruit of some variety with plain yoghurt every morning but OH is a toast person at home but on holiday he likes to have the occasional cooked breakfast.

4 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

As you say everyone is different, I have fruit of some variety with plain yoghurt every morning but OH is a toast person at home but on holiday he likes to have the occasional cooked breakfast.

Just catching up tonight. Hope you are feeling better after all of the messages of agreement re your actions re taking care of your niece.

Good decision - it is easy to judge eh ?! To us, if you can't comment on the actions of others until you've walked in some one else's shoes. It is easy to watch from a distance and criticise.

Safe to say we won't invite your neighbour to our Whitebridge Wines catch up 😉

Hoping that the consultations went well for all involved. Difficult times

• Like 5

Ah well, last night of being 64. Not sure the Beatles got everything right in their song. Still got some hair (longer than usual), did receive a Valentine and the odd bottle of wine or seven.Not much point renting a cottage on the Isle of Wight regardless of whether it was too dear though.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Ah well, last night of being 64. Not sure the Beatles got everything right in their song. Still got some hair (longer than usual), did receive a Valentine and the odd bottle of wine or seven.Not much point renting a cottage on the Isle of Wight regardless of whether it was too dear though.

Happy 65th for tomorrow Pete! Funny you should mention the Isle of Wight. I’ve just looked out of interest at the cottage we use there and it’s sold out until November and prices for next year have gone up about 20% since we booked our 2022 dates a few months ago. Some may call this supply and demand, others profiteering! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Pete.I turn 65 a week after you

34 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Happy 65th for tomorrow Pete! Funny you should mention the Isle of Wight. I’ve just looked out of interest at the cottage we use there and it’s sold out until November and prices for next year have gone up about 20% since we booked our 2022 dates a few months ago. Some may call this supply and demand, others profiteering! 

When I looked at booking a self catering break in Devon this week, properties had gone up by over £100 the day after Boris announcement.Supply and Demand but also trying to make up for lost income?

• Like 1

We were due to have a week in Disneyland Paris with the family this September (originally due last September) but I postponed it again yesterday until next year and managed to book an apartment in Devon for a week this September. I was surprised that the prices were still reasonable but availability was very low. I tried to book 2 apartments as there are 7 of us but one went before I could finish the booking. Daughter, son in law and grandson will now be staying in posh caravan 5 minute walk along the prom from us. Means I won’t be able to do the 6am baby, or toddler as he’ll be then, shifts this year 😊

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Thanks Selbourne. Seems as though if I want to follow the lyrics and go there, we will have to scrimp and save a little more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

We were due to have a week in Disneyland Paris with the family this September (originally due last September) but I postponed it again yesterday until next year and managed to book an apartment in Devon for a week this September. I was surprised that the prices were still reasonable but availability was very low. I tried to book 2 apartments as there are 7 of us but one went before I could finish the booking. Daughter, son in law and grandson will now be staying in posh caravan 5 minute walk along the prom from us. Means I won’t be able to do the 6am baby, or toddler as he’ll be then, shifts this year 😊

Its lovely to have a holiday to look forward to.I noticed that most weeks were booked up but managed to book a week in Devon in May and a week in Dorset for September

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Or even Fluid Pricing!

We have booked a week in Shropshire and a week in the Cotswolds, I had a look tonight to see if the prices have increased but can't tell as one is completely booked throughout the summer and the other one only has odd nights available. Just hope things go to plan and we can all have a great holiday this year but whatever happens it's nice to have a holiday to look forward to that has a reasonable chance of not being cancelled.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, pete14 said:

Happy Birthday Pete.......Have a great day.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pete14 said:

Happy Birthday Pete, have a great day. 

Andy 

We’re waiting for our own caravan to be completed and delivered and installed on site.  It was due to be 1 March when we ordered it back in September but the time has slipped a little.  No real problem yet.  I haven’t heard when caravan sites might be reopened but it won’t be next week, for sure.  Watch this space

It’s the most beautiful morning here.  There was dawn light flooding in when I got up at 6.15 and the forecast is sun all day.  Have a lovely day everyone 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, pete14 said:

Happy Birthday 🎂 Have a lovely day today. We are going to Isle of Wight in August instead of our Fjords cruise, multi generational holiday with daughter & grandchildren

Michelle

• Like 1