P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

58 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Brightening up here after a dull start, I feel a potter in the garden won't go amiss.

If you want a potter in your garden, probably best to come down to Stoke when you are allowed. We still have a few of them.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

9°C here and sunny this morning.

After we both finish our housework jobs we might have a wander outside.

Fortunately the slight pain in my arm from the Pfizer jab went quite quickly I just wish my knee pain would go too as I have just crawled upstairs on all fours.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

Graham.

The car was reading 1.c this morning when I went out to warm the car up ready to 

go for Mrs K's jab ,which went pretty well in & out ten minutes earlier  than expected.

The only side effect up to yet was a sudden urge to make us tea & toast upon our return.

Just checked the weather and we are now up to 6.c, now clouding over.

Sorry to hear your knee's playing up mate, problem is you have to be careful which painkillers  

you take due to the heart tablets . Sounds like a day to take it easy and give the knee

a day off Graham . Hope the pain eases soon .

Take care & stay safe .

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

The car was reading 1.c this morning when I went out to warm the car up ready to 

go for Mrs K's jab ,which went pretty well in & out ten minutes earlier  than expected.

The only side effect up to yet was a sudden urge to make us tea & toast upon our return.

Just checked the weather and we are now up to 6.c, now clouding over.

Sorry to hear your knee's playing up mate, problem is you have to be careful which painkillers  

you take due to the heart tablets . Sounds like a day to take it easy and give the knee

a day off Graham . Hope the pain eases soon .

Take care & stay safe .

Thanks Kalos.

I have previously had physio on my hip and knee that have moderate arthritis and rarely took painkillers but did take ibuprofen when necessary but unfortunately ibuprofen is now a no no with heart medication.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Kalos.

I have previously had physio on my hip and knee that have moderate arthritis and rarely took painkillers but did take ibuprofen when necessary but unfortunately ibuprofen is now a no no with heart medication.

Look after yourself Graham and rest when your body tells you too.

Pleased to hear sore arm has eased (as did mine after 24hrs).

Gill x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Look after yourself Graham and rest when your body tells you too.

Pleased to hear sore arm has eased (as did mine after 24hrs).

Gill x

Thanks Gill and I'm pleased your sore arm has eased too.

Graham x.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 7:59 PM, pete14 said:

Ah well, last night of being 64. Not sure the Beatles got everything right in their song. Still got some hair (longer than usual), did receive a Valentine and the odd bottle of wine or seven.Not much point renting a cottage on the Isle of Wight regardless of whether it was too dear though.

Belated Happy Birthday Pete, hope it was a good'n.

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

9°C here and sunny this morning.

After we both finish our housework jobs we might have a wander outside.

Fortunately the slight pain in my arm from the Pfizer jab went quite quickly I just wish my knee pain would go too as I have just crawled upstairs on all fours.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

Graham.

Hope ur feeling better soon

Michelle 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, pete14 said:

Spring seems to have come around again quite quickly, especially considering the year we have had. I haven’t seen Harry the heron for quite some time but I was delighted to see an egret yesterday. I don’t really know whether egrets are partial to moorhen chicks and ducklings, but by his size and beak, I fear he may. A beautiful creature though.

Noooooooooo. Oh well, we think 5 of the 6 little 'uns survived last year and say hello to them when we are in the park 🙂 Had a beautiful walk there again today - just so lovely to feel the sunshine and hear the birds welcoming the Spring 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Noooooooooo. Oh well, we think 5 of the 6 little 'uns survived last year and say hello to them when we are in the park 🙂 Had a beautiful walk there again today - just so lovely to feel the sunshine and hear the birds welcoming the Spring 🙂

I’ve only seen the egret once this year so he perhaps lives elsewhere and visits from time to time. Our ducks seem a little territorial at the moment. Three males were harassing one female this afternoon and creating quite a scene. The birds are very vocal, maybe benefitting from human lockdown. It is such a pleasure walking the dog at the moment, even though the weather isn’t always great. I have even seen the kingfisher a few times. This is an aspect of life which is great.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

So on Wednesday I took my dog out and he met another dog that he hates.  He pulled, I lost my balance fell on my hip and today I had total hip replacement in Derriford Plymouth

You couldn't make it up could you😥

Oh no! I hope you recover quickly and are being well looked after.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

So on Wednesday I took my dog out and he met another dog that he hates.  He pulled, I lost my balance fell on my hip and today I had total hip replacement in Derriford Plymouth

Sorry to hear that. Hope you make a speedy recovery.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Oh Jean. What a catastrophe! I hope you make a quick and pain-free recovery. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Blimey! I’m glad that you were able to get it replaced relatively quickly and wish you a speedy full recovery.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Oh Jean - I wondered where you were

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  I’m always amazed at how quickly folk are up and about after what feels to me like major surgery.  Hope you are comfortable 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Blimey Jean, you don't do things by half... 

I hope you have a speedy recovery. 

Andy 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Oh Jean I'm so sorry to hear this.

I hope you make a swift recovery.

Sending you mine and Pauline's very best wishes.

Graham & Pauline xx

• Like 4