P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

42 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

So on Wednesday I took my dog out and he met another dog that he hates.  He pulled, I lost my balance fell on my hip and today I had total hip replacement in Derriford Plymouth

You couldn't make it up could you😥

So sorry to hear this.Hope you recover quickly.Take Care

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

So on Wednesday I took my dog out and he met another dog that he hates.  He pulled, I lost my balance fell on my hip and today I had total hip replacement in Derriford Plymouth

My goodness Jean!!  I hope you have a speedy recovery and take care. 

Avril

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Gosh Jean! So sorry to hear that. Thank goodness that they could sort you out so quickly, especially as I saw on the news recently that loads of people have been waiting for a hip replacement for a year or more as a result of the pandemic. Wishing you a speedy recovery. 

• Like 2

Hi Selbourne.  If it's a fracture the its sort of straight away.   Having said that because they recommended a total replacement due to my age and fitness i had to wait a couple of days for the big cheese to do it.  If I had been 85 say they would have done a partial, ie just the ball and not the cup. That doesn't last as long .

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 4

Oh no, I am sorry to hear that you have been hurt.  I hope that you are soon up and getting around again soon.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Hi Selbourne.  If it's a fracture the its sort of straight away.   Having said that because they recommended a total replacement due to my age and fitness i had to wait a couple of days for the big cheese to do it.  If I had been 85 say they would have done a partial, ie just the ball and not the cup. That doesn't last as long .

Sorry to hear of your accident, hope you are not in to much discomfort, but pleased to learn that after the age of 85 they will still sort my ball out! very comforting

• Like 1

thanks all.  What a crazy thing

You just never know do you

My office have been fantastic and I should be able to work in 6 weeks.

I had to read your post twice , unbelievable :classic_ohmy: Hope you get well soon !

Take care and stay safe .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

What a pain (no pun intended!) Graham. As Kalos says it’s awkward with other medications. My GP did tell me it wouldn’t t hurt now and again but where do you draw the line?

Lovely sunny day again today, cold start though.

Just where is your now and again?:classic_smile:

• Haha 1

Hope you're recovering well Jean, have the physios got you out of bed and marching up and down the corridors yet?

3 hours ago, philred said:

the day just got a whole lot better with wales beating england in the rugby just a pity no crowds allowed in to witness a cracking game  stay safe everybody.

Seems the ref was Welsh as well! And with a Welsh father I try and be impartial in these things.

Edited by wowzz

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Jean - so sorry to hear your news. I can empathise  - some years ago our rescue greyhound decided to run after a cat. Unfortunately I forgot to let go of the lead,  causing me to be dragged along the ground, with consequent  bruising to my face and arm. It was then that I decided to let go of the lead!

As a precaution I went to A&E for a check up, but the medical staff were more interested to know about the condition of the cat!

PS: Cassie,  the greyhound, strolled home an hour later,  with a "butter won't melt in my mouth" look.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Oh dear Jean. Sounds painful. Get well soon.

10 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I’m so sorry to hear that Jean. It can so easily happen.

Take care and I hope you are home soon very soon.

Gill x

20 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Morning both, I'm here too:classic_smile: 

Get well soon, Jean. 

Morning Annie. I've been lurking around since 4.15am as I couldn't sleep. I've just been to make (another) coffee and the moon is slowly disappearing behind the roortops, only to come into the lounge to see the sky turning a beautiful brilliant orange, and so another day begins.

Avril

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning Annie. I've been lurking around since 4.15am as I couldn't sleep. I've just been to make (another) coffee and the moon is slowly disappearing behind the roortops, only to come into the lounge to see the sky turning a beautiful brilliant orange, and so another day begins.

Avril

Good morning Avril and Annie.
Been up since 0530 when the dog decided it was time to have his breakfast! Luckily I get to go back to bed with a cup of tea after seeing to him. He goes back to sleep and I don’t!

Foggy start here.

So hoping the sun does appear as was gorgeous yesterday.

Gill x

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Morning, Avril. Similar problems here, though had a lie-in until 5am.

Fog in Norfolk - UK cut off.😂

• Like 1