P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 hours ago, Beckett said:

Ten minutes to go folks. Are we all ready with:

1) Alcohol if needed - it will be.

2) Chocolates if needed - they will be.

3) Fags for those who smoke - no comment

4) A brown paper bag for those who hyperventilate under stress - just me then.

Happy viewing. Jane.x

Left me a bit underwhelmed and dissatisfied, I suppose all the loose ends does support there being a further series, but with a downbeat Ted it could be depressing.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Left me a bit underwhelmed and dissatisfied, I suppose all the loose ends does support there being a further series, but with a downbeat Ted it could be depressing.

Yes, I feel the same.

it felt as if we were promised the final denouement, but it has been shunted on to another series. I don’t think people will be so bothered next time, as the  moment has passed now. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning. A bright start but rain forecast around lunchtime. I just hope it is a good downpour, we need it.

Line of Duty. No comment !

Stay safe.

It's looking that way Bob 

488700739_Screenshot(34).thumb.png.c2f57e19ec20b2f077dde6be31e658f6.png

• Like 1

Totally agree with all the comments re LOD. It was more cerebral than Gunfight at the OK Corral as in previous series finales. If I'm being totally honest I thought it was lazy. It won't stop me watching another series if there is one - and I'm just glad it wasn't Ted. So today I am Disappointed of Potters Bar.

It's very chilly and windy here today, rain expected late afternoon. Work tomorrow - those few days off flew by!

Have a good Bank Holiday Monday everyone. Stay safe and stay inside with a good book.

Best wishes to all. Jane.x

• Like 10

Morning everyone. Well I'm still fine after my jab, but unfortunately this 2nd one has knocked poor old Frank for six.  Headache, bad throat, washed out and aching all over. He was taking paracetamol yesterday and had an early night. I've just taken him a coffee up and he says he's feeling better than he did yesterday, but still aching. On the plus side though, he says his arm doesn't hurt this time, so his sense of humour is still there😁

A bit nippy here too this morning, but bright. The heavy rains and high winds are due around 2ish so it looks like a cosy day inside, lazing around 'Busy Doing Nothing'🎶

Good tip about the brollies Kalos, but when the winds arrive later on I'm sure there'll be quite a few UFO or Mary Poppins sightings reported 🛸☂️.

Have a good Bank Holiday whatever you, and Andy and Michelle are up to. 

Stay safe and take care.

Avril

• Like 2

Morning all - especially disappointed LoD fans.

Avril, I’m sure Frank will pick up quickly, after your ministrations.  It’s all in a good cause

Well, the wild winds have already started, tho’ they’re forecast to get twice as strong from early afternoon 😬Eek!  We got our big walk in early but to be honest it’s not much fun battling against the gales.  Best keep away from the coast ... and trees

Have a good Bank Holiday, whatever way you spend it

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning to you Kalos your up bright and early today, meals on wheels day for me today and then hopefully a little trip out to a garden centre that sells all sorts, I think our rain is due around 1 or 2 o’clock . You have  a nice day too.

Deliveroo? 😂

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning everyone. Well I'm still fine after my jab, but unfortunately this 2nd one has knocked poor old Frank for six.  Headache, bad throat, washed out and aching all over. He was taking paracetamol yesterday and had an early night. I've just taken him a coffee up and he says he's feeling better than he did yesterday, but still aching. On the plus side though, he says his arm doesn't hurt this time, so his sense of humour is still there😁

A bit nippy here too this morning, but bright. The heavy rains and high winds are due around 2ish so it looks like a cosy day inside, lazing around 'Busy Doing Nothing'🎶

Good tip about the brollies Kalos, but when the winds arrive later on I'm sure there'll be quite a few UFO or Mary Poppins sightings reported 🛸☂️.

Stay safe and take care.

Avril

Good morning Avril. Glad you're feeling OK after your second jab but sorry for Frank. I hope he improves as the day goes on. Neither of you will miss anything by not going out today so chilling out and keeping warm is the order of the day and "a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down" in Frank's case. Look after yourselves. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 2

Stay safe and take care.

Avril

Sorry to hear about Frank, hope he is feeling better soon. 
Raining here too, hubby is decorating today so plenty to keep us occupied.

I was disappointed with LOD ending too but hopefully there will be another series 

Take care everyone on this miserable bank holiday 

Michelle

• Like 3

Stay safe and take care.

Avril

I have been fine but the OH Christine has been feeling a little off, us Taurians are made of stronger stuff.

I'm sure they will both also be fine soon.

Eric

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good morning Avril. Glad you're feeling OK after your second jab but sorry for Frank. I hope he improves as the day goes on. Neither of you will miss anything by not going out today so chilling out and keeping warm is the order of the day and "a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down" in Frank's case. Look after yourselves. Best wishes. Jane.x

Frank's feeling much better now, as predicted it's a 24hr thing. He hardly ate anything at all yesterday, so after hoovering up a large bowl of porridge with honey this morning with another coffee, he's more like his old self. These Yorkshire chappies are made of strong stuff, it must be the pork pies and beer😁

Avril

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Well, as expected, totally miserable weather here in Stoke on Trent - no need to rush home Pete !

Hope everyone is ok - especially those who have had the second jab and anyone who watched the end of that series last night with a name I can't remember! (We decided to go back to series 1 of Death in Paradise and an excellent episode it was, yet again!)

Off out to Bridgemere Garden Centre as most of that is indoors 🙂

Have a good, though soggy, day everyone.

• Like 3

Stay safe and take care.

Avril

Hope Frank is better soon.  It is good that you are fine though.  Take care.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Frank's feeling much better now, as predicted it's a 24hr thing. He hardly ate anything at all yesterday, so after hoovering up a large bowl of porridge with honey this morning with another coffee, he's more like his old self. These Yorkshire chappies are made of strong stuff, it must be the pork pies and beer😁

Avril

Great to hear that Avril..... I’m sure he will need TLC for the rest of the day tho.....🙄

• Haha 1

I'm glad that Frank is improving Avril. Mark has got his 2nd jab this afternoon, He had no ill effects first time round so hopefully nothing today.It was his birthday yesterday and he says having his 2nd jab is his best birthday present, and watching the Snooker final puts the icing on the cake!

• Like 6

Sorry to hear Frank reacted to his second jab, Avril but glad to hear he's recovering.

Been very wind down here all morning  but still dry. Predicted to get rain at 1pm so it's late!🤣

Stay dry and safe.

• Like 1

We had second  jab this morning, never felt I thing, I was still sitting waiting for the medic to do it, when he said that’s it you can go. Not a fireman giving me jab this time, it was a Doctor, but not The Doctor! 

The vaccination centre once again running like a well oiled machine from the moment you step through the door greeted by a member of the Royal Women’s Voluntary Service, logged in by council staff and guided to queue by volunteers to actual medical side of the centre, everyone doing their job.

Last time I went there were 2 halls open in the exhibition centre being used, now only one, the reason, the county completed its schedule for the over 60s too quickly and centre was closed for 2 weeks by the Department of Health, seems being too efficient is not good in eyes of DoH. Take up in borough is over 95% which is remarkable.

So well done to NHS Staff, Local Council Staff, Volunteers from various organisations, it is they who have made this happen. 

My wife nipped into M&S to pick up a parcel and buy some fish for dinner tomorrow, plus got a free blueberry muffin which I had with out takeaway Starbucks Vanilla Lattes, she couldn’t eat it as not gluten free.

Back home and is raining steadily, will do garden good waiting for a response back from a friend to book her AirBnb apartment in North Wales in July, will be good to get away for a week. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

Sorry to hear Frank reacted to his second jab, Avril but glad to hear he's recovering.

Been very wind down here all morning  but still dry. Predicted to get rain at 1pm so it's late!🤣

Stay dry and safe.

Still waiting for the rain here in Salcombe at 15:30.  Was supposed to be 1300.  It's windy though.

7 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning. A bright start but rain forecast around lunchtime. I just hope it is a good downpour, we need it.

Line of Duty. No comment !

Stay safe.

It's been raining very heavily and non stop since about 10 :00am, so if this continues all the way south and east, then you will get more than a good downpour.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Well, as expected, totally miserable weather here in Stoke on Trent - no need to rush home Pete !

Hope everyone is ok - especially those who have had the second jab and anyone who watched the end of that series last night with a name I can't remember! (We decided to go back to series 1 of Death in Paradise and an excellent episode it was, yet again!)

Off out to Bridgemere Garden Centre as most of that is indoors 🙂

Have a good, though soggy, day everyone.

There is a blast from the past we used to go Bridgemere in the morning then lunch in a pub called Boars Head but not sure and then go Stapeley Water Gardens in the afternoon. I am sure Bridgemere has changed dramatically has we havent been for years.

Just now, majortom10 said:

There is a blast from the past we used to go Bridgemere in the morning then lunch in a pub called Boars Head but not sure and then go Stapeley Water Gardens in the afternoon. I am sure Bridgemere has changed dramatically has we havent been for years.

The pub is still there but in other hands I think. Bridgemere has been taken over by Blue Diamond and for us they seem to be doing a great job. They seem to be ploughing money in to doing it all up again and it is well worth a visit. A bit busy today to be honest, but we got what we went for .... and some extras 😉