Royal now cancelling most cruises till 11th May

Just now, not-enough-cruising said:

I am curious why the title of this thread states “MOST”cruises. Aren’t ALL cruises cancelled?

Canada/NE and Alaska are cancelled until 1 July.

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I am curious why the title of this thread states “MOST”cruises. Aren’t ALL cruises cancelled?

Ships sailing out of Singapore, and ships sailing through Canada have all been impacted differently due to port closures.

◦ Canadian ports will remain closed until July 1st, 2020.

◦ The Port of Singapore will remain closed through May 2020.

1 hour ago, BND said:

Canada/NE and Alaska are cancelled until 1 July.

Not quite the same interpretation per my recent phone call to RCCL.  My husband & I are booked on 5/15/20 Adventure of the Seas departing Bayonne, NJ with stops at Halifax and St. Johns (both Canadian ports).   

I just got off the  phone w/ RCCL, they said I am not eligible for a refund because:

1. This cruise sails on 5/15. They expect to resume service on 5/12. 

2. I said, but this cruise is scheduled to make 2 stops at 2 Candana ports--the Canada ports won't open until 7/1.  After checking w/ a supervisor, she came back & said, "no refund because this sailing begins & returns to U.S. ports. It is not a Canadian cruise."   What the heck logic is that?   This is beyond frustrating!  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Happy2Cruz said:

Not quite the same interpretation per my recent phone call to RCCL.  My husband & I are booked on 5/15/20 Adventure of the Seas departing Bayonne, NJ with stops at Halifax and St. Johns (both Canadian ports).   

I just got off the  phone w/ RCCL, they said I am not eligible for a refund because:

2. I said, but this cruise is scheduled to make 2 stops at 2 Candana ports--the Canada ports won't open until 7/1.  After checking w/ a supervisor, she came back & said, "no refund because this sailing begins & returns to U.S. ports. It is not a Canadian cruise."   What the heck logic is that?   This is beyond frustrating!  

Can't you just refer them to the post on their own website that says that New England cruises won't resume until July 1?

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Happy2Cruz said:

Perhaps RCI plans to change the itinerary to avoid Canadian ports...if the ship sails on May 15.

11 minutes ago, Happy2Cruz said:

She's mistaken. It's still a Canadian cruise.  Gotta love the answers you sometimes get.  It's not cruises that start and stop in Canada, it's also cruises to Canada.    Sheesh.  The announcement clearly states that all Canada/NE, Alaska cruises are the exception to the 12 May date because Canadian ports won't be open til 1 Jul.

We're also booked on the 15 May cruise.  We can't go to Canada and what exactly do they think is going to happen with the itinerary?  We're just going to let the FCC happen since we already have a b2b on Harmony scheduled in Nov and a Celebrity cruise booked for July 2021

Edited by BND

1 hour ago, Zeashore said:

Phooey.  Any word on Bermuda still requesting a 14 day self-quarantine for those arriving in their ports?

We were supposed to leave May 11.  😞

Currently in effect until 6 April.  I'm expecting that to be expanded.  They also cancelled the Newport Bermuda race that's supposed to happen in June, so that's pretty telling.

1 hour ago, Happy2Cruz said:

You can still cancel, if you choose, under the "Cruise with Confidence" policy.

You just won't receive the 125% FCC offered when RCCL cancels the cruise.

You will, however, still receive a refund, with part of it being FCC's.

Have b2b on Brilliance starting 5/2/20 TA which is now cancelled but the Baltic cruise out of Amsterdam on 5/17/20 is still on.  Won't be flying to Amsterdam on 5/16/20, just playing the waiting game so if RCI cancels we get cash back, not interested in FCC.  Already requested for a refund, not credits, for the 5/2/20 cruise

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

Have b2b on Brilliance starting 5/2/20 TA which is now cancelled but the Baltic cruise out of Amsterdam on 5/17/20 is still on.  Won't be flying to Amsterdam on 5/16/20, just playing the waiting game so if RCI cancels we get cash back, not interested in FCC.  Already requested for a refund, not credits, for the 5/2/20 cruise

Same here. If I don't have the TA then I don't want the Baltic. Hoping they cancel that one also. 

Missed cruising by one day. We'll take 125% FCC and 125% credit for my Cruise Planner purchases for our May 11 booking. I'm not in a hurry to book another cruise in the next 20 months. 

I have a feeling that there will be plenty of cabins available whenever I decide to book.

1 minute ago, Sobro said:

Missed cruising by one day. We'll take 125% FCC and 125% credit for my Cruise Planner purchases for our May 11 booking. I'm not in a hurry to book another cruise in the next 20 months. 

I have a feeling that there will be plenty of cabins available whenever I decide to book.

We are booked May 24th & I have no hope this cruise will sail. I’m disappointed that the extension didn’t include this cruise so I could get my $$$ refunded to my CC now. Guess I have to wait for next extension. 

1 hour ago, Sobro said:

Murphy’s law.  I was booked for May 10th as well.

We have a cruise booked for May 25. We have two cabins, each with its own reservation number. Even though the reservations are linked, if Royal Caribbean cancels my cruise can I take the credit for one cabin and a refund for the other???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums