A Question for Laura S

mek

Would it be possible for CC to relax their rules in order for members to be able to post the names of their TA and they company they work for?  Right now many are temporally closed and we could be a great support team for all of us who did not book directly with cruise lines.

I know the agency I use is still taking calls, but I was told my TA is not working and I was  put on hold for 45 minutes to speak to a supervisor and I finally gave up. I left an e-mail, so only time will tell how quickly they get back to me concerning my June NE/Canada cruise which is not going to happen.

Just a suggestion.

5 minutes ago, mek said:

Would it be possible for CC to relax their rules in order for members to be able to post the names of their TA and they company they work for? 

To ensure you get someone's attention use their CC handle explicitly @hostxxxx. Don't hold your breath.

37 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

To ensure you get someone's attention use their CC handle explicitly @hostxxxx. Don't hold your breath.

LOL - It 's something they should be doing right now.

1 hour ago, mek said:

Would it be possible for CC to relax their rules in order for members to be able to post the names of their TA and they company they work for?  Right now many are temporally closed and we could be a great support team for all of us who did not book directly with cruise lines.

I know the agency I use is still taking calls, but I was told my TA is not working and I was  put on hold for 45 minutes to speak to a supervisor and I finally gave up. I left an e-mail, so only time will tell how quickly they get back to me concerning my June NE/Canada cruise which is not going to happen.

Just a suggestion.

community@cruisecritic.com

I am not sure how this would help.  In regards to Royal's case, if you booked through a TA you need to go through the TA.  Now if the TA is totally shutdown, I am guessing Royal will let you work directly with them.

I am not sure how another TA would be able help someone that booked through a TA that is either totally shutdown or more importantly partially shutdown.

3 hours ago, mek said:

Just a suggestion.

Just curious what a TA does for you that you can't do yourself dealing with the cruise line directly?

14 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Just curious what a TA does for you that you can't do yourself dealing with the cruise line directly?

I booked with a TA,  they're not going to talk to me.

18 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

CruiseCritic generates income through this website which makes it possible to operate these message boards. You are asking them to do something that could reduce their income. 

I totally understand that.  But if the agency is no longer in business or temp suspended I don't see how that really affects their business if people can post about closed agencies.

1 minute ago, mek said:

I totally understand that.  But if the agency is no longer in business or temp suspended I don't see how that really affects their business if people can post about closed agencies.

There's a Contact Us link at the bottom of the page for you to contact them directly.

23 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

In my case cruise itself was cheaper,they included paid gratuities for all 4 of us and 2 specialty dinners and 300 on board credit.

44 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Access to group rates that can save hundreds per person in cruise fare.  Currently TA’s are allowed to hold cabins until May 31 without a deposit.  Just a couple that c9me to mind. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Better rates, free grats, OBC, group rates. She's been my TA for the last 10 years, knows my preferences, my family's too, gives me all the choices which can fit my budget. Priceless.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Better rates, free grats, OBC, group rates. She's been my TA for the last 10 years, knows my preferences, my family's too, gives me all the choices which can fit my budget. Priceless.

I see......all good reasons! 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Those better rates are because they either are booking groups or are giving their commissions back.  The OBC, free grats, etc come out of their commissions.  TA's don't get lower rates from RCI, but can get group ones.

7 minutes ago, BND said:

TA's don't get lower rates from RCI, but can get group ones.

Yes, I'm aware of that.

The "official" advertised price is the same as RCl, but she sometimes has group rates, which can be several hundreds dollars less.

And "agency discounts" ....

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Access to group rates that can save hundreds per person in cruise fare.  Currently TA’s are allowed to hold cabins until May 31 without a deposit.  Just a couple that c9me to mind. 

Ken  -

I asked my TA today if there was a way to reserve and not pay the deposit until May 31 but he didn’t know about it.   He was definitely going to ask about it and get back to me as my DH is super nervous about booking right now but do you know if this applies to everyone in US also?

thanks for sharing all of the help you do on these boards!  

1 minute ago, Cel_cruise said:

Ken  -

I asked my TA today if there was a way to reserve and not pay the deposit until May 31 but he didn’t know about it.   He was definitely going to ask about it and get back to me as my DH is super nervous about booking right now but do you know if this applies to everyone in US also?

thanks for sharing all of the help you do on these boards!  

Yes both Canada and the US. 

To the OP you obviously have a kind heart.  But unfortunately this an add revenue generated site.  And, that would be free advertising.  Essentially rendering the site useless to Tripadvisor and that wont happen.  

God  Bless and stay well🤗

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jalves said:

Cruise Critic is a TA.  I don't think the are going to promote others.

They are? 

I thought they had "preferred partners" that advertise on the Deals page, which is why we are not allowed to mention others.