Anyone cancelling cruises for late 2020 out of uncertainty?

We just booked a late September Caribbean this week.  We cancelled our Med/ Greek Isles that was to sail in June. I am sure it would have been cancelled anyway as it was sailing from Barcelona. 

Just hoping before September that ships will be sailing again and our country and our people recovering from this epidemic. 

• Like 5

We are sailing out of Barcelona on Allure in October. We are waiting to see what happens as far as cruise cancellations/changes or if airport, TSA restrictions are not worth dealing with. Or even if Spain and Italy restrict cruises this year. We have until July for final payment. We will just fly to Mexico if we have to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRAVELBUGCRUISER said:

Hi Everyone

We have a cruise booked for the Fall and are feeling uneasy and uncertain about everything right now. Has anyone else cancelled their cruise for later this year based off sheer uncertainty?

Why not just wait? Your level of comfort may change 180 degrees in a couple months. I wouldnt do anything unless you need the money. No harm in keeping reservation.

Edited by rtazz17

8 minutes ago, George C said:

We are lucky we did a February cruise, not planning on canceling our November cruise, but will check to see if they lower the price 

We also had a Feb cruise that had no problems and we feel fortunate for that - 4 generations got together.  We have a June and November cruise booked and I don't think in a million years that the one in June will happen,(NE/Canada.)  Guess we will just have to wait and see about November.

23 minutes ago, depplep said:

We are sailing out of Barcelona on Allure in October. We are waiting to see what happens as far as cruise cancellations/changes or if airport, TSA restrictions are not worth dealing with. Or even if Spain and Italy restrict cruises this year. We have until July for final payment. We will just fly to Mexico if we have to.

Me too, and hope to see you on board.  🙂 

• Like 1

Not canceling either.  End of July and November.  I can't believe our luck that we picked this year to take time off from cruising.  We usually have a lot more booked so no big hassle for us.  We did have our April 26 canceled but that was the only misfortune we had.

• Like 1

We did 6 weeks on ships this winter and are glad we did.  Got off the last one March 15 after the sh#t had hit the fan.

Whether it sails or not, I doubt we'll make final payment for an October reservation.  Certainly won't be buying plane tickets any time soon.  Not because we fear the virus, just too much uncertainty with the bookings, ports, etc.  

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 2

I am sure there are many people who are canceling this days. Noone want to take a risk, lose money and time..health especially. Those who cancel have already made up their plans for the vacation. First plan is to stay at home, the other to go somewhere, where its safe. Many Americans have chose to travel within the country btw. We ve got some Nice places here. Dont aee a reason to go anywhere else, especially right now

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

We just rebooked our cancelled May cruise for one in December 2020 out of Tampa.  Hoping all is better by then, and before the next virus wave in the winter.

So you think the cruise lines will sail in between waves of the virus?  I don't think that's how it's going to play out.

• Like 4

We did. We're not massive cruisers but we've taken our kids on five DCL and three RCI and adore it. We had a cruise for next April and I canceled it. I know it's an unpopular view, but we can't help but think many cruise lines will be gone by then. So many folks have lost jobs and with that HAL ship still out there, well, it freaks me out, frankly.

We had a $1000 deposit with them (for two rooms) and I figured, I can afford to pay a little extra (we got a screaming deal on the fare for our kids' spring break next year) if we decide to rebook it, but with me not working right now, I'd rather have that $1000 in our checking account.

I also wanted to get our deposit back before it was too late. I hope they don't all go under, but I honestly can't see how they'll survive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

We have a September 2020 cruise we booked on September 2019. We have no plans to cancel the cruise. We'll let Celebrity decide that for us. 

I totally agree.  I have one in July and one in Nov. 2020 both with NRD so I am also going to wait for the cruise line to make the cancellation Both paid in full if I cancel I loose my deposits .   Let the waiting game begin

Edited by cappy09
mis spelled
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We have a cruise late September, out of Rome...

Wait and see mode, 90% it will be a no go (will cancel right before final payment), baring a break through in vaccine/medicine/due to hot weather....

This. I'm waiting for them to cancel instead of us canceling. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

I rebooked to December because I'm pretty sure they'll be sailing again by then.

You are probably correct.  What concerns me is the chance of quarantine on a ship.  Look what is happening to the poor individuals on Zaandam.  I know they have to be frightened beyond belief.  I realize I am probably being too careful.