Diamond Lounge

When we were on Harmony the Diamond Lounge was standing room only every night.  The Diamond Lounge is very small for such a large ship.  The Concierge was terrible - it took him three days and much complaining from the passengers before he realized he needed an overflow lounge.   This was by far the worst Diamond Lounge experience we have had on any RCCL ship.  

2 minutes ago, homedepot124 said:

When we were on Harmony the Diamond Lounge was standing room only every night.  The Diamond Lounge is very small for such a large ship.  The Concierge was terrible - it took him three days and much complaining from the passengers before he realized he needed an overflow lounge.   This was by far the worst Diamond Lounge experience we have had on any RCCL ship.  

Usually if  Harmony  has a large amount of D/D+, they open Jazz on Four as an overflow.  Luckily, 3 drinks are on the sea pass card for use each night so one can have a complimentary drink most anywhere on the  ship, even in a dining venue.  Yes the lounge is small for such a large ship, but there are  alternatives  to a standing room only lounge.

M

10 minutes ago, homedepot124 said:

Sad to hear.  Not sure who the concierge was on your cruise. On our Harmony cruise, the Jazz on 4 was opened from the first day with a complete set up of hors d’oeuvres.  The Diamond Lounge on every ship we sail is always crazy busy.  It eventually slacks off.  The Diamond Lounge size from the beginning on Oasis class ships have never correlated to the amount of cruisers on board.  So glad they do have the three drinks on the card now, and if in a restaurant during same hours drinks available in the lounge, the drinks are honored.

Wish you'd had a better experience.

31 minutes ago, homedepot124 said:

We had a similar experience on Harmony.  Diamond lounge is tiny and concierge did nothing about people standing waiting for seats and idiots holding tables for their friends.  There was a private party every night in Jazz on 4, so an overflow lounge was never opened.  

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Add lime, no big deal

If you don't use mixers, the vodka is pretty harsh.  I know they say,  ( who ever they is) vodka has no flavor, but that is not the case with  New Amsterdam.   I drink vodka martinis and can't drink one in the lounge.  So I'll  order a lemon drop or cosmo  and  the mixers make it drinkable.    If I order a lemon drop in the lounge, then get one  later, on my dime and my choice of vodka, the drink tastes  completely different. 

Cheers 

M

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

If you don't use mixers, the vodka is pretty harsh.  I know they say,  ( who ever they is) vodka has no flavor, but that is not the case with  New Amsterdam.   I drink vodka martinis and can't drink one in the lounge.  So I'll  order a lemon drop or cosmo  and  the mixers make it drinkable.    If I order a lemon drop in the lounge, then get one  later, on my dime and my choice of vodka, the drink tastes  completely different. 

Cheers 

M

I drink them all. NA, Stoli, Smirnoff, Tito's, Absolut, GG, Kettle One, etc...

They all taste the same with fresh lime and Ocean Spray😉

BTW, Royals limes are awful.  You need at least two to get anything

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I drink them all. NA, Stoli, Smirnoff, Tito's, Absolut, GG, Kettle One, etc...

They all taste the same with fresh lime and Ocean Spray😉

BTW, Royals limes are awful.  You need at least two to get anything

As I said, if I drank  the vodka with mixers ( like Ocean Spray) it  might not make much of a difference.   My Vodka of choice, and what I drink,  at home is Cîroc.  

M

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Usually if  Harmony  has a large amount of D/D+, they open Jazz on Four as an overflow.  Luckily, 3 drinks are on the sea pass card for use each night so one can have a complimentary drink most anywhere on the  ship, even in a dining venue.  Yes the lounge is small for such a large ship, but there are  alternatives  to a standing room only lounge.

M

We liked Jazz better than the DL.  Bar servers better Hors D'oeurves fresher etc.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

As I said, if I drank  the vodka with mixers ( like Ocean Spray) it  might not make much of a difference.   My Vodka of choice, and what I drink,  at home is Cîroc.  

M

Forgot about Ciroc. All I have left is peach. Makes a high test Belini, and a Ruby Relaxer

Look at the Tito's,  every time I slice a new lime I put the label on the bottle. Usually lasts for about 6-7 labels.🤣

20200330_223730.thumb.jpg.18a1f9fffa3072c00e9a851df1e8ecf0.jpg

15 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

We liked Jazz better than the DL.  Bar servers better Hors D'oeurves fresher etc.  

That's hit or miss, though.

On our last Harmony, they put up some panels and you got into Jazz via the side door of the DL. Ingenious. Gavin did that.

One perk from working at home is I can do happy hour while working.     Just made some mojitos just wish I had an oceanview of some beautiful blue water but instead I am looking at a very large oil painting we bought in Jamaica several years ago with caribbean sea/palm trees and beautiful white sand.   Not quite the Diamond Lounge but very calming to look at the painting.     

• Like 2

On 3/30/2020 at 4:52 PM, DaniDanielle said:

Can’t agree more!  Drinking on my couch is just not the same(although I am still enjoying my Grey Goose).

The problem is you just haven't had enough. Keep drinking and things will start moving just like being on a ship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2