Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Exactly!   

My Dishwasher is right next to my sink so I used to always hang my towel there so I really miss it.    There is still an occasion where I find myself reaching for a towel.

We'll just have to let Jim be the expert on kitchen design😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Dani, I hope things go as best as possible. 

Lioness, Jimmy in concert. Awesome. 

Graham, nice new wheels and what a screen.

Dishwasher selections, don’t ask me. 

John, that chicken looked delicious.

11 pound turkey. The large BGE is about 18" diameter.

It was delicious 😋 

• Thanks 1

Yay!!  It is official, everyone in my house is now testing negative for covid!

I was also surprised to receive an email from Royal Caribbean this morning, apologizing for my experience on my recent cruise and telling me that they have requested my refund for my isolation time on the cruise.  The amount of the refund was the amount I had calculated.  I had been told that I should hear something within 30 days so I was pleasantly surprised to hear already, since I disembarked on May 23.  I will have to wait and see what they do about my expenses from my continued isolation in Seattle.  I only submitted those this week, so it could be a few weeks.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Do that all the time with the pull out trash can, used to be under the sink in NJ, not that way here in VA. 😞

Had an awesome trash/recycling setup at beach condo. Space is a premium so put it in pantry. Had a dutch door setup with seperation between trash area and the actual pantry. And in the bottom was a pull out door for Bella's food and water.

Like I said, gotta be ingenious in tight quarters

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Bring on the cranberry.  😋

Taking a break. Gotta fast for the upcoming debauchery on Indy. Lose weight, rest liver.

Expecting to pack on 5 kilos in 3 days😉

#unlimieteddiningpackage

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Yay!!  It is official, everyone in my house is now testing negative for covid!

I was also surprised to receive an email from Royal Caribbean this morning, apologizing for my experience on my recent cruise and telling me that they have requested my refund for my isolation time on the cruise.  The amount of the refund was the amount I had calculated.  I had been told that I should hear something within 30 days so I was pleasantly surprised to hear already, since I disembarked on May 23.  I will have to wait and see what they do about my expenses from my continued isolation in Seattle.  I only submitted those this week, so it could be a few weeks.

I always thought rccl will listen to complaints, we had a grand suite on a Mediterranean cruise 6 years ago , had a issue with toilet not flushing in the morning a couple of times . Concierge shocked us on last day when we were sitting in concierge lounge and gave us a 700 credit towards a future cruise.

just started reading a Bosch book , I knew that author also wrote the Lincoln lawyer books , but was extremely surprised that book sailed Bosch was half brother to the Lincoln lawyer. 

• Like 5

Just now, George C said:

I always thought rccl will listen to complaints, we had a grand suite on a Mediterranean cruise 6 years ago , had a issue with toilet not flushing in the morning a couple of times . Concierge shocked us on last day when we were sitting in concierge lounge and gave us a 700 credit towards a future cruise.

just started reading a Bosch book , I knew that author also wrote the Lincoln lawyer books , but was extremely surprised that book sailed Bosch was half brother to the Lincoln lawyer. 

We reached out to the concierge when we didn't hear from guest services and he made sure I got the documentation I needed before I was "extracted" from the ship by the US Department of Health.  He also got me on the list for a transfer to my airport hotel and helped my DH off the ship with all our luggage.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Taking a break. Gotta fast for the upcoming debauchery on Indy. Lose weight, rest liver.

Expecting to pack on 5 kilos in 3 days😉

#unlimieteddiningpackage

That’s what I like a man who trains hard.

• Haha 2

While I was out running errands, I stopped and picked up a bottle of Kraken.  No one mentioned that there is a white label and a black label.  Being of sound mind, I picked the white label as it has a higher alcohol content. 😱  @lioness I was so happy to see that you have the white label too. 😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 6/8/2022 at 6:50 AM, Ocean Boy said:

Thank you. However, one very annoying thing about this girl is that one of her favorite places in the house is IN my grand piano.😐

20220518_095306.thumb.jpg.49f04a2d57e8a732e519821bdf4bed51.jpg

Sorry to say but it isn’t your grand piano anymore. Showed Mike the pictures of Jade and he also said she is beautiful.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/8/2022 at 4:35 PM, h20skibum said:

@ReneeFLL, I would hate to be replacing a dishwasher now.  From what I have read, none have the heating element anymore, and they take forever to dry.  

My daughter has a Bosch, and dishes are still wet after it runs for 2 or 3 hours.  Maybe that is just the nature of them now.  

I hope our old one lasts forever. 

I’m confused. As far as I know they all have the heating element.  I know some of them are hidden so if a plastic item falls down it won’t melt.

On 6/8/2022 at 7:18 PM, John&LaLa said:

My 3rd rack is about useless. 2020 model. Newer one is better

Why are the newer ones better?

22 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Pull the dish racks out all the way while the dishes are still hot. They will dry pretty quickly in the air.

My Rubbermaid doesn't dry this way but the plates, bowls, flatware, etc should dry pretty fast.

(We don't use the dry cycle.)

😁 I usually do the same. Our ac vent just happens to blow in that direction. Mike prefers to use the drying setting.

• Like 2