Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Are you sure? Last week was the first episode.

Yup. My notes:

Last week was a double episode, at least for us.

Ep 1=g'day mate

Ep 2 =unchained & untamed

(Ok...I keep track of weird things.)

Tomorrow night will be a repeat:

Ep 1 at 6 pm

Ep 2 shows as new but one of those Never Scene Before episodes, =102 (based on ep 2)

New ep 3 is Plunger from Down Under, shown at 8 pm.

All times Central time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, George C said:

No I didn’t, we did chops a couple of times , Giovanni’s a couple of times and habatchi a couple of times , only thing I didn’t like was 150cp , also did Izumi , 8 nights and of course you could also eat lunch on sea days . Definitely worth the money. I also liked the 40 percent off bottles of wine under a hundred, Giovanni’s had a really nice wine list. 

150cp has never really been appealing to me.   I thought we might try it but we will see.  I like Izumi. The lobster tempura roll has so far been my favorite. I will probably do lunch there too.  Do you know if you can get a couple rolls to go under the UDP.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Do you know if you can get a couple rolls to go under the UDP.

That's the question that I want answered too. John mentioned in another thread that he ate at Hibachi for a $10 surcharge and then went back later for sushi rolls with the UDP.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's the question that I want answered too. John mentioned in another thread that he ate at Hibachi for a $10 surcharge and then went back later for sushi rolls with the UDP.

It would be nice to be able to put a couple sushi rolls in the fridge for a late night snack because you never know how hungry we could be.  😆  I would like to be able to take some out to the pool or to the balcony. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It would be nice to be able to put a couple sushi rolls in the fridge for a late night snack because you never know how hungry we could be.  😆  I would like to be able to take some out to the pool or to the balcony. 

I really never had any desire to take food to go from any restaurant, even at home if we get leftovers, they get thrown away or fed to the cat. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Exactly what I was thinking. A wonderful late night snack. Rice soaks up bourbon really well 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Beautiful.  Is that Lake Louis?  I did a ski trip in that area many years ago but everything was covered in snow.  Chateau Lake Louis was spectacular in the winter.

Sounds beautiful.  DD just said Banff.  I will ask.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Has your daughter taken photography classes, and does she have a really good camera?

I take so many pictures, and would be thrilled if just one turned out like hers. 
And yours!

Thank you.  No.  Photos just taken with her iPhone.

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Beautiful.  Is that Lake Louis?  I did a ski trip in that area many years ago but everything was covered in snow.  Chateau Lake Louis was spectacular in the winter.

You are very close. Part way up to Lake Louise you make a left and head to Mouraine Lake. It is not open in the winter months, as they don’t plow the road. You would have loved it, even though both spots are very beautiful Moraine Lake is a bit off the beaten path. 

8BB2A1D6-A3C2-4E4D-AD85-8ECC459D727A.thumb.png.5cdd342ae174f64ade93b777aad22fa6.png

44 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Sounds beautiful.  DD just said Banff.  I will ask.

I’m going with Mouraine Lake which is in Banff National Park, and very near to Lake Louise. In fact it used to be on our $20 bill. I can attest, it is a beautiful spot. 

ABF87602-D63E-477A-8427-66E82259DCEC.jpeg.04a39d9cd1d2eb72e879c14b47abd60d.jpeg

54BFAF7E-6666-4A86-AC09-3C4600C45459.jpeg.deba538d1db1246e87f2c4b46915e698.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

After a record breaking 80°F last night it is currently 82°F in our garden in North East England with a high of 92°F expected later today.

London is expecting 100+F today and a new record temperature.

The hydrangea's in my late parents memory garden at our house had a good watering 

Screenshot_20220719_100412_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

• Like 18

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

After a record breaking 80°F last night it is currently 82°F in our garden in North East England with a high of 92°F expected later today.

Graham, does your home have air conditioning?  

What percentage of homes/businesses would you say have air conditioning?  News reports here in the U.S. about the heat wave in Europe say air conditioning is not as prevalent as it is here.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are trying the the UDP for the 1st time in October on Allure.   Did you try the Samba Grill?  I haven't yet but want to.   They may of had it but I don't remember it the last time we were on Allure. 

Yes, Samba grill on Allure was very good when we tried it Jan 2020.   If you like meat definitely go for it.   

• Like 1

It is very rare that we would see 100°+ temperatures here.  The last time was 1988, and only two dozen times since 1870.  We are looking at lows in the 60’s and highs in the 80’s this week.

We did have a couple showers yesterday, so I spent my day draining, cleaning, and refilling our hot tub.  Glad I have it under the gazebo so it made it easier to work on.

Plans for a hike this morning.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

The hydrangea's in my late parents memory garden at our house had a good watering 

Screenshot_20220719_100412_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Beautiful garden.   I just heard on morning news our expected high is 102f today, the humidity is the worst part.

Stay cool everyone😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paul from Maryland said:

Graham, does your home have air conditioning?  

What percentage of homes/businesses would you say have air conditioning?  News reports here in the U.S. about the heat wave in Europe say air conditioning is not as prevalent as it is here.

No we do not have AC.

We live on the North East coast of England about 100 miles south of Scotland and we never get temperatures any where near like it is currently.

Shops have AC but no houses to my knowledge are built with AC installed certainly not in the North of England.

• Like 11

52 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful garden.   I just heard on morning news our expected high is 102f today, the humidity is the worst part.

Stay cool everyone😃

Thank you Debbie.

All the plants and hydrangeas got a good watering this morning.

IMG_20220719_113240.jpg

IMG_20220719_105900.jpg

IMG_20220719_085507.jpg

16582350463477862059180541925910.jpg

• Like 18

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

You are very close. Part way up to Lake Louise you make a left and head to Mouraine Lake. It is not open in the winter months, as they don’t plow the road. You would have loved it, even though both spots are very beautiful Moraine Lake is a bit off the beaten path. 

8BB2A1D6-A3C2-4E4D-AD85-8ECC459D727A.thumb.png.5cdd342ae174f64ade93b777aad22fa6.png

I’m going with Mouraine Lake which is in Banff National Park, and very near to Lake Louise. In fact it used to be on our $20 bill. I can attest, it is a beautiful spot. 

ABF87602-D63E-477A-8427-66E82259DCEC.jpeg.04a39d9cd1d2eb72e879c14b47abd60d.jpeg

54BFAF7E-6666-4A86-AC09-3C4600C45459.jpeg.deba538d1db1246e87f2c4b46915e698.jpeg

Yes!  I should have known.  I follow a Canadian photographer/videographer on YouTube named Peter McKinnon.  He did a great 23-minute short video on getting his "bucket shot"...a picture of Moraine Lake with snow in the mountains but the lake itself not yet frozen.  There's only a couple of week window in the fall when that can be done.  It's a nice video because it talks about the journey to get a great photo, not just the photo itself.  It's also a good reminder that we should act when given an opportunity.  I'm trying to do more of that...say yes when someone asks me to do something with them rather than find a reason to say no.  Experiences rather than possessions.  Here's the Morain Lake Bucket Shot.  One of Peter's Moraine Lake pictures also got put on a $30 Canadian silver coin.  Quite an honor.

• Like 2