Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

26 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Debbie, how was your day? Are you tired? Hope it was great.

Thank you for asking.    Everything is going great!    Everyone has been so nice and I feel this new job is a perfect fit.    Yes, I am exhausted.    Definitely not used to getting up at 5:30 am.    I have been trying to go to bed earlier than 11/11:30 pm but I end up laying there awake.    

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, helen haywood said:

My husband was a pilot and enjoys watching a program called Air Disasters. I thought I remembered the SS Norway’s being involved in one show.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proteus_Airlines_Flight_706

How very sad.  Thank you for sharing!

7 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Looks delicious.  That’s ambitious doing the pesto by hand, I’m lazy and use the food processor.  

I also use the food processor.

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Arzeena    I just hopped on while eating lunch😃    Everything is going great!   I am very happy with the people and so far I am just learning their system (computers, etc.) but I am pretty sure I made a good decision in coming here.     Thank you for asking!!!

That's really great, Deb!  I'm really happy for you!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have been trying to go to bed earlier than 11/11:30 pm but I end up laying there awake.    

Check out the Guided Meditations app from UCLA:   UCL Mindful App 

It's a free app for Android or Apple, or you can download MP3s of the various meditations and play on any device.  They have one called 13-minute Body Scan for Sleep (or similar) that gives your brain something to concentrate on so it can 'shut off' and fall asleep.  Look at the bottom under Basic Meditations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

Check out the Guided Meditations app from UCLA:   UCL Mindful App 

It's a free app for Android or Apple, or you can download MP3s of the various meditations and play on any device.  They have one called 13-minute Body Scan for Sleep (or similar) that gives your brain something to concentrate on so it can 'shut off' and fall asleep.  Look at the bottom under Basic Meditations.

Thank you.   I will definitely check that out. 😀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you.   I will definitely check that out. 😀

A friend had better luck with the MP3 file and putting it on repeat versus using the app.  Her brain got mad when the lady stopped talking! LOL  So she just has it run in the background all night long.  If she wakes up in the night, she just jumps in wherever it's at and goes back to sleep.  

There can be a bit of a Pavlov's Dog effect, too, where you fall asleep quicker over time once you hear it start.  

Report back and let me know what you think!

Edited by brillohead
  • Like 1

Just now, singinalot said:

we are all checked in for our flights to Paris tomorrow. i’m a bit nervous that the airport agents will be flustered because of the restrictions changing last minute, but my fingers are crossed.

there has been a lot going on with us, thus my lack of posts here lately, but know I’ve been lurking and try to catch up as much as possible!

we held a 60th bday party for one of our neighbors this weekend and I was in charge of the charcuterie 

4C275C61-0AC9-48AA-AC5A-5616713D766F.thumb.jpeg.3a6949c0db5062d592bbbee1d6baaec7.jpeg

2D366A04-0633-4238-9F58-7209854166CC.thumb.jpeg.792f41bda91c9ef31c12ae32b46184e6.jpeg

I also accepted a job offer and will start at the end of the month…i’ll be enjoying the last of my summer before then!

Safe travels.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, singinalot said:

we are all checked in for our flights to Paris tomorrow. i’m a bit nervous that the airport agents will be flustered because of the restrictions changing last minute, but my fingers are crossed.

there has been a lot going on with us, thus my lack of posts here lately, but know I’ve been lurking and try to catch up as much as possible!

we held a 60th bday party for one of our neighbors this weekend and I was in charge of the charcuterie 

4C275C61-0AC9-48AA-AC5A-5616713D766F.thumb.jpeg.3a6949c0db5062d592bbbee1d6baaec7.jpeg

2D366A04-0633-4238-9F58-7209854166CC.thumb.jpeg.792f41bda91c9ef31c12ae32b46184e6.jpeg

I also accepted a job offer and will start at the end of the month…i’ll be enjoying the last of my summer before then!

WOW!  Impressive charcuterie!!!  

You surely have been busy!  Congratulations on your new job!  Have a safe trip, and enjoy your trip to Paris tomorrow!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, singinalot said:

OMG! This looks wonderful. You have put a lot of effort into this!  I am sure it must have been devoured in minutes, it looks THAT good.

Congratulations on the new job. Hope you will love it. Best of luck!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, MARK & SUSAN!!!

Wishing you many, many years of happiness!!

Jim and my very first cruise was on the SS Norway, back in 1983😊

Jim and my first time on a cruise ship was on the SS Norway, back in 1983!

My first several Norway cruises was as a single , first was 1985. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Wow looks amazing  You could do very well in nj as this is the new in thing to offer food wise.  

new restrictions ?  Have I missed something?  They haven’t messed with removing the mask mandate have they?

safe travels and of course have to ask if you will post a review somewhere 😊 

Edited by maggieq
  • Like 2

Marietta, Any luck on a cabin for your Daughter and grandkids?

Try with 4 people: One adult and 3 kids. Kid # 3 can be a no show?

Traveler 1 Traveler 2 Traveler 3 Traveler 4 Total
Fare
$1,271.00
$1,271.00
$0.00
  $0.00

$2,542.00 USD
 Bonus $223.00 USD
Payment Schedule
Balance Due
August 02, 2022 11:59 PM EDT

Total
$3,199.80 USD
Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Looks great! Congratulations on the new job and safe travels wished to you to Paris. I love the “City of Lights.”

• Like 3