Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Our new fridge arrived around 11 am.   They were very rude delivery guys.   Chip some shoe molding bringing it in.  Then rubbed against a wall and didn't even take the plastic wrap off.   They almost left without plugging it in.   I had them pull back out, plug in then straighten.   No tip for them!    

We got a GE fridge.   I really liked a Whirlpool but that was the one out of stock for 2 to 3 weeks.   

I have heard of many complaints with Samsung refrigerators specifically their ice makers.   

Busy day in the yard doing leaves and trimming rose bushes.   Tomorrow we will do neighbors leaves.

I spent a fortune at food store restocking new fridge while Eric went to liquor store restocking our liquor cabinet.  All set to watch Phillies with a pitcher of rum punch chilling in new fridge.😀

Wow!!  Sorry to hear about your delivery guys and how rude and somewhat destructive they were.😕

I hope your new fridge doesn't give you any problems.  We have a new Frigidaire (which we love), but we did need to have the repair guy come twice to fix the water dispenser..it kind of dribbled after filling a glass.

When we get to Naples, we will be replacing everything, due to Hurricane Ian.  At least we don't leave meat, fish, etc. in the freezer.  I do sometimes leave frozen veggies.  Our good friends asked if we wanted them to throw everything out, and I gratefully thanked them for doing so.  It's basically all of the condiments, etc.  Oh....and the beer.  Stuff like that.  Thank goodness our friends will have some cold beer and beverages in their fridge on the day we arrive.😁

19 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

We have a Whirlpool and haven't been as lucky as you. Ours stopped dispensing ice about 3 weeks ago and then stopped making ice before the repairman got here. He said it was a design flaw with wiring going from the freezer to the door. Every time the door is opened the wires are pulled and eventually break. Repairing the wires is a temp fix and a new door is the best solution. About $1000. It's 14 months old. I called Whirlpool and they were nice to offer a one time courtesy repair. Our new door will be here in 8-10 weeks. It is shipped directly to us and then we call for an appointment to have it installed. 

Was your door not under warranty??🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

I’m repeating my “This time next year this will all be behind me” mantra.  This week our realtor is coming with his photographer/videographer to take the pictures for our listing.  I asked if this service came with a membership to Horders Anonymous.  When you have the space…you fill it.

And I have to decide on a moving company.  Alliance was the first company I contacted.  I thought the rep was friendly and helpful…until I had a meeting with an Allied rep who gave me a sheet with red flags to look for with moving companies.  

Yikes!  Alliance had three of them!!  Scratch Alliance.  Of course reviews for the local franchisee of Allied run the yo-yo gamut from great to abysmal.  Sigh.  I’m less concerned about damage to my furniture because there’s nothing irreplaceable…and we’d have insurance…what worries me is the movers damaging either homes during the move.  

I’m going to contact one more company Monday.  My realtor for the new house gave me the name of a great company a client of his used and was very happy with.  Their reviews were uniformly fantastic.  Unfortunately they only work in Maryland and Florida.

Moving can be very stressful.  I hope you find a good moving company.  Also this time next year, if today is any indication, 74 and partly cloudy.  Still shorts and flip flops. 😁

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Just booked our first ever cruise on Celebrity Beyond for April of 2024. A 11 night southern Caribbean that includes the ABC islands. I'm excited for this one. Thanks Ken!!!!!

We'll be on Beyond for March of 2024, the Panama Canal!

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Toby did it .She knew that I would not be able to go to a restaurant anywhere and she knew how much I will enjoy it.She is preparing all the food for everyone.

That is wonderful, Lenny!!!  I'm sure your Reunion will be one for the books!  Enjoy!!!!!!🥰

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Never really saw him much after those early Explorer cruises, but we did run into him on a Brilliance repo cruise from Boston to Tampa. We saw him when we first boarded, and he was talking about the M&M event, and he had CC stuff to hand out. It was only at that point that I figured out that he was Kewlguy, and when I saw him in the lounge and asked, he was surprised  that I  did not already know. He actually gave me his card , that I might actually still have somewhere.  

Yes, I remember him too , handing out his business cards. Just looking to find more clients for his travel agency try to sell cruises to everyone. Was like really weird going around handing them out at a Meet N' Mingles.

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, I remember him too , handing out his business cards. Just looking to find more clients for his travel agency try to sell cruises to everyone. Was like really weird going around handing them out at a Meet N' Mingles.

Never saw anything about a travel agency.  The card I had was related to CC, I have no idea where it is anymore though.  When I first met him, he said he he dealt in old books. I left it at that.

22 hours ago, brillohead said: I'm always amazed at the employees that remember people from one cruise to another.

I know!  I’m currently on the Brilliance and a bartender called me by name the first time I walked up.  Haven’t sailed with him since 2018. 🙀

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

I know!  I’m currently on the Brilliance and a bartender called me by name the first time I walked up.  Haven’t sailed with him since 2018. 🙀

Must have been stalking you since 2018........😲

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Enjoy your neighborhood reunion.  It's great that Toby still keeps in touch.

I moved into my current house in 1993 and of the approximate 30 houses on my street, all but 2 have turned over. Many are now young parents or newlyweds.  I've kept in touch with zero of my ex-neighbors.  As comedian Sebastian Maniscalco says in one of his comedy skits "I'm friendly but not neighborly". 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIE1R-6oJJg

Growing up, my parents were the first part of the skit, I'm more like the second , current day part of the skit. 😅

This is so true.People moved from my block after their children got married and were out of the house.Some to NJ,some to LI and several to Westchester .My older daughter got married and moved to Li.We followed her and moved to the same town.Several people followed us .

My nephews and my niece who lived in Brooklyn all live in Westchester now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Wow!!  Sorry to hear about your delivery guys and how rude and somewhat destructive they were.😕

I hope your new fridge doesn't give you any problems.  We have a new Frigidaire (which we love), but we did need to have the repair guy come twice to fix the water dispenser..it kind of dribbled after filling a glass.

When we get to Naples, we will be replacing everything, due to Hurricane Ian.  At least we don't leave meat, fish, etc. in the freezer.  I do sometimes leave frozen veggies.  Our good friends asked if we wanted them to throw everything out, and I gratefully thanked them for doing so.  It's basically all of the condiments, etc.  Oh....and the beer.  Stuff like that.  Thank goodness our friends will have some cold beer and beverages in their fridge on the day we arrive.😁

Was your door not under warranty??🤔

Our fridge only had a one year warranty and it broke at 14 months. 

It's so nice that your friends cleaned out your fridge. Our daughter didn't have much time before evacuating but she did throw out anything that could spoil and when we went down the weekend after Ian I told her to just get rid of everything and start over. She had no power for over a week.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I’m repeating my “This time next year this will all be behind me” mantra.  This week our realtor is coming with his photographer/videographer to take the pictures for our listing.  I asked if this service came with a membership to Horders Anonymous.  When you have the space…you fill it.

And I have to decide on a moving company.  Alliance was the first company I contacted.  I thought the rep was friendly and helpful…until I had a meeting with an Allied rep who gave me a sheet with red flags to look for with moving companies.  

Yikes!  Alliance had three of them!!  Scratch Alliance.  Of course reviews for the local franchisee of Allied run the yo-yo gamut from great to abysmal.  Sigh.  I’m less concerned about damage to my furniture because there’s nothing irreplaceable…and we’d have insurance…what worries me is the movers damaging either homes during the move.  

I’m going to contact one more company Monday.  My realtor for the new house gave me the name of a great company a client of his used and was very happy with.  Their reviews were uniformly fantastic.  Unfortunately they only work in Maryland and Florida.

We used Allied for our last move 10 years ago.  The only complaint we had with them is they showed up with only two men to unload a large moving van . It took five guys to load it .  We insisted they call for more help which they did.  

To showcase your home’s beautiful landscaping and surrounding area you might ask the photographer to use a drone for an aerial shot .  The realtor we used to sell one house provided a CD and a color brochure to list our house .  That was left inside the house along with cookies and bottled water. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Enjoy your neighborhood reunion.  It's great that Toby still keeps in touch.

I moved into my current house in 1993 and of the approximate 30 houses on my street, all but 2 have turned over. Many are now young parents or newlyweds.  I've kept in touch with zero of my ex-neighbors.  As comedian Sebastian Maniscalco says in one of his comedy skits "I'm friendly but not neighborly". 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIE1R-6oJJg

Growing up, my parents were the first part of the skit, I'm more like the second , current day part of the skit. 😅

OMG, excellent skit...I don't even have a doorbell anymore

• Like 1

@Ozark_Kidtoday I placed all my remaining compost on top of the garden beds.   

This is my first winter prep with core gardening system.  Is there anything else I should do for the winter?

Started new compost with mulched leaves and cut grass.  Plenty of that for a good compost starter.

We finished our neighbors lawn around 3 pm.   Gorgeous day!

But our trees are nowhere near done shedding their leaves.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

+1 @HBE4   Love that skit too.   But we do have a doorbell.

A few years ago we replaced our front door and storm door with new frame, etc and our old doorbell hardly worked so we didn't bother having a new one installed.   We have a decorative brass knocker but it is rare that anyone uses it.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Just saw this on FB.  Watch What Happens Live will be broadcasting from Celebrity Beyond on November 1st with all of the Below Deck Captains and Captain Kate.  That should be an interesting show!

May be an image of 6 people, people standing and indoor

Jason certainly stands out among that goup.☺️

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We finished our neighbors lawn around 3 pm.   Gorgeous day!

That is nice that you got your neighbor’s done, and had a nice day to do it. 

I blame my wife for today’s work.  We were relaxing and reading, when she announces. “I am going out to blow more leaves.  I need steps today. “

So I go outside to help her, because it would be wrong to sip a cold drink and read while she is out working.  I mean, we had just bagged 60 bags yesterday.  How many more could there be?  The answer was 10 more, so we are up to 108 bags for the season so far.  It looks like our trees are about half done shedding leaves, so we will have many more to go.

Then, she looks across the street and says “we should do the neighbor’s again”.  So off we go to do that again.    At least I am thankful we don’t have acorns this year. 

Now I am back, reading a book and sipping a cold drink with plans to relax in the hot tub tonight.  

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Jason certainly stands out among that goup.☺️

No idea which one he is, never watch the show. Clue me in, which one is he?

Only one I know is the cat lady Captain Kate

Edited by Jimbo

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

10 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

So I go outside to help her, because it would be wrong to sip a cold drink and read while she is out working.  I mean, we had just bagged 60 bags yesterday.  How many more could there be?  The answer was 10 more, so we are up to 108 bags for the season so far.  It looks like our trees are about half done shedding leaves, so we will have many more to go.

What do you do with the bagged leaves? Garbage pickup?

I'm lucky enough to have a small strip of wood in my backyard that I blow the leaves into. I spent an hour today blowing leaves and when I was done, the yard was covered with newly-fallen leaves.  And the trees aren't even half done shedding.

That's okay, I'd rather do 6 or 8 one hour blowing rather than one 8 hour chore.  Often times, I'll alternate between blowing the leaves and using the mower to mulch them into fine particles that eventually just disappear. 

• Like 2