Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

How I started my day.  

E33E1F41-AEDE-45B9-A39E-FFD350E8EE30.thumb.jpeg.93f38c4ba475b16720e62917ac165539.jpeg

I was #85 at our polling place, and Susan was #89 because she stopped to talk to an old coworker.  

For those in the US, I hope this is part of your plan for the day.  That is, unless you mailed one in.   We always vote in person. 

Heading out to vote now. Polling stations in NY are open from 6 am - 9 pm. I tend to go later in the day because last minute votes count more than early votes, right?  In a tight race, it's the last minute votes that will sway the election.

Or is that just a fact I made up in my head to justify my procrastination? 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

@bobmacliberty Let me know how you are doing with Nicole’s arrival.  We’re closing next week!

No real concerns right now.  100% chance of rain (less than 1 inch) and 25-35 mph winds forecasted on Thursday.  We'll move some outdoor furniture against the house tomorrow just to be safe but that's all we currently plan to do.  I think I've said here before that hurricanes tend to bounce out to the ocean around us.  This time, Nicole (who should only be a TS) looks like she'll horseshoe around us on land.

Should be 77F and sunny by Saturday.  Probably upper 60s for your closing next week.  If you like Spanish food, make a reservation at Espana (if still possible) to celebrate your closing!  Congrats!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Landed.  40 minutes early....must have been a good tailwind. 

I feel like every time I've flown to and from Houston, the plane landed at least 45 minutes early. Probably made 10 trips each way. Maybe once the flight was late and by late, I mean only 15 minutes early.😉

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Definitely need to get our picture taken at the "I love Houston sign"....those that know, know.😉

I hate when I'm not in "the know". 😄

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I think I have been living under a rock.  Reading the comments about Nicole coming soon, I was trying to think of who's kid is having a girl soon.  DUH, the hurricane!  Carry on lol 😱😇

Me too!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Day two of Bachelorhood. So far I have done the dishes, done laundry, repaired a cabinet drawer that has been stuck for months and pulled the fireplace insert out in an attempt to fix it.  The fireplace repair was a failure. It could not be repaired by me but I have ordered an exact replacement and installing it falls within my rage of skills.

IMG_0022.thumb.jpeg.2b7429ff3fa1434b9f593baebbdcf70e.jpeg

I love your flooring! Is that tile or laminate? And that looks like a really complicated insert. Ours is much simpler, but also doesn't distribute the heat very well. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

If you like Spanish food, make a reservation at Espana (if still possible) to celebrate your closing!  Congrats!

We’ll celebrate later.  Day of closing we’re also meeting with the security company, internet company and being vetted by a future pet sitter.  That’s the big deal!!  Making sure we pass muster with her…

• Like 7

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We had no numbers at all on any of our tickets. 😞 

Neither did we ☹️

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Today would have been my daughter’s 14th anniversary.  A sad day for her.B8062E53-3E19-47A1-A28D-B80EE37B8DC2.thumb.jpeg.2c4261e2576f41cde90dd6819d0e3bd7.jpeg

Hugs for your daughter and family.  Sad when what should be a day of celebration brings sadness. 💔

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

We’ll celebrate later.  Day of closing we’re also meeting with the security company, internet company and being vetted by a future pet sitter.  That’s the big deal!!  Making sure we pass muster with her…

Let me know if you need any recommendations for people who do various things.  We've been here long enough that we either have a guy, or know someone who can recommend a guy, for just about everything.  Our realtor also gave us a very complete list.  We've got an especially good painter.  He's painted almost every room in our house (and eventually WILL paint every room in the house) and even sprayed our stained oak bedroom set from Cincinnati so that it's now white and better fits in a coastal home.  Looks perfect.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I’m so far behind here after cruising last week that I won’t even bother to catch up.  Apologies if I missed any milestones or important news.  
We had a great week on Voyager, came home to temps in the mid-70’s yesterday but back to 50’s today.  The amount of leaves to be cleaned up is staggering!  We couldn’t even see any grass in the backyard, but fortunately those can all be blown into the woods behind us.  Andy has his work cut out this week.  I’ll be busy unpacking, doing laundry and putting all that summer stuff away until we need it again in January.  I’m also looking forward to catching up on our recordings of last weeks Jeopardy Tournament of Champions and watching the second half this week.  We’re Jeopardy junkies.  Not particularly good at, but we try.  Some nights I feel like I’m killing the game and other nights I’m clueless.  
Soup is on the menu tonight for the chilly weather - quite a step down from our dinners for the past week.  

• Like 17

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I went to vote this morning but much to my surprise there was not a Handicapped Accessible entrance or ramp.I was not able to walk up the steps to get inside the building.

Sorry to hear that.   My polling place is a local school and the entrance we enter has about 6 or 7 steps, no ramp.    There was an elderly woman with a walker and they suggested she go around to the front of the school and enter thru the main door (which is quite a distance to walk - I went to this school).   Three men offered to carry her up the stairs.    She said - No thank you and gave a little giggle.    They scooper her up and in she went to vote.   She was giggling and flirting away - too cute.     I was very happy to see people come to her rescue.😀

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Very wise.  Being a Dad of 3 married daughters, it didn't take long to learn to just step back.  The most memorable moment of each wedding was the moment I spent with each daughter right before we headed down the isle.  If you want to catch an emotional moment of any good man, watch that moment. 

Very true, this was the moment I saw tears in my Dad's eye while we stood in the church vestibule waiting for our signal to proceed

• Like 6