Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Plan B - since our planned walk was off - DH suggested a while back that he was interested in doing a guided tour of Government House, located in the Opera House end of the Botanical Gardens.  I looked up the website.  It was open.  Short walk to GH from CQ but on approach a sign said closed.  Fortunately a very friendly policeman saw us and said guys it’s been closed all morning for an official function but it should be open at 12.30ish, if you want to wait around.  The tour is worth doing.

12.45pm we returned.  Got our free tickets from the very welcoming staff member. Checked in our bags and waited in the gardens for the first tour at 1pm to start.

7 of us in the tour.  Tour of the interior rooms went for 45 mins.  Beautiful rooms, furnishings and floral arrangements.  No photos permitted. Guide had tablet showing us photos of the rooms back when it was built and how they look when set up for a function in present day.

At the end of the tour, we were permitted to wander the gardens/grounds at our leisure.  Photos permitted.  DH was keen to see the pool where Princess Diana swam in during her visit (we saw the pool but not open for public use obviously)

Guide told us that once a month on a Sunday there is jazz on in the gardens and you are encouraged to bring a picnic and enjoy this free event.  DH is keen to do it.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, I get hooked into watching with my Wife every year over and over again.

This was a new one this year, saw it a few days ago it was actually pretty good one of the best I have every seen on that channel.

Have you had a chance to see this one? if not it is a must see as far as the Hallmark Movies goes. At least it was for me.

https://www.al.com/life/2022/11/inventing-the-christmas-prince-hallmark-movie-premiere-how-to-watch-without-cable.html

I watched it last night and thought it was an interesting take on the classic Cinderella. All the movies this year on hallmark have better plots than the past. I’m sure you have heard the exodus of some of the Hallmark stars to GAC network who want to make more family white centered Christian values movies. Hallmark has made an effort to make more Christmas movies of not only inclusion but stories that most people can relate. Not all Christmas stories are fairytales. Hallmark is making real life stories and ones that I can appreciate. It may not be for everyone but everyone has a choice to whether they want to watch it.

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I can't recall ever watching a Hallmark movie🤣

Don’t start it can be addictive. But then again I’m a Christmas movie freak.

5 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

@Sea DogThank you so much for sharing your lovely Christmas decorations.  I especially loved the jewelry tree!  Your wife sure is crafty!

For being a Lawyer she is really artistic. Here are some of her other creations.

0B893EBF-FBE2-4687-B896-097865E395DB.thumb.jpeg.ef24dfb9e30bcd3672e6525f68ba4870.jpeg

CFDCAB0B-D242-4DA3-8621-D30D0F2C52A2.thumb.jpeg.de509adc509509388d0738bb140fbcfb.jpeg

BDD913E0-D0C7-4DB2-B188-81EA5F7DB14A.thumb.jpeg.1c2a7c475d3269f7b9a69c3bed2905fd.jpeg

BCEC0895-E530-4C92-A3B0-4B978CEDCDAF.thumb.jpeg.7b390be7f52349c30d94f25a3ce9c669.jpeg

0D9D3733-7F9A-42EF-906A-48EA9C46F00B.thumb.jpeg.1334b7b0226bc6b62215c14a3b65e26b.jpeg

121B93CE-9839-439B-BE64-D57D7F6B3362.thumb.jpeg.3f620abb9f9e219b4b311e073e5121f1.jpeg

1DDA05C7-4C3A-46A9-95CB-BF6EA3A2B796.thumb.jpeg.49d2d1beae2e0e1f7ddcc6e560891ad0.jpeg

938D8C1D-77BE-4ADC-B2D3-EBE5AB2F1D90.thumb.jpeg.966105d128a6ec531418c9a25b0a78b8.jpeg

• Like 28

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The EKG was perfect which was a happy surprise to me. I will get all the other results next week.I have a very close relationship with my granddaughters.Their other grand father passed away in 2017 and other grand mother in 2018.They are very protective of Toby and I .

Whenever I am depressed because of my medical problems they know how to cheer me up.

I'm really pleased for you Lenny.

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It has been a very emotional couple of days. First our football team won our Thanksgiving day rivalry 55 to zero. Then I had to say goodbye to our seniors whom I have so much admiration and love for and whom I could write about for hours if I wasn't so tired of crying. So for now I will just leave you with tonight's sunset....

20221125_154841.thumb.jpg.a835e555ded2f83e65256f014738787d.jpg

20221125_161015.thumb.jpg.e4558b433ba57a6c096860423075c1fe.jpg

20221125_161228.thumb.jpg.baea955f04bf0c8bd6755d9c413da775.jpg

Awesome sunset photos! @Ocean Boy I especially like the composition of that first one. 

Regarding the seniors on your football team:

You write about them like a proud Papa😊🥲 You have been a part of their lives for four years now. During this time, you’ve witnessed their growth from boys to young men. I can understand why you would feel emotional at the end of their final football season. I’m sure the players are going to miss their team Doc just as much as you will miss them. I’ll bet many of them will come back to visit you next year and beyond.

Take care,

Sue

Edited by CrzLvr2
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I watched it last night and thought it was an interesting take on the classic Cinderella. All the movies this year on hallmark have better plots than the past. I’m sure you have heard the exodus of some of the Hallmark stars to GAC network who want to make more family white centered Christian values movies. Hallmark has made an effort to make more Christmas movies of not only inclusion but stories that most people can relate. Not all Christmas stories are fairytales. Hallmark is making real life stories and ones that I can appreciate. It may not be for everyone but everyone has a choice to whether they want to watch it.

Thanks for the information share. I might have to reinvest a bit of time now that things have changed a bit. Probably way better than the ones Lisa has forced me to endure years ago. 

Not worried about that. 😂

For being a Lawyer she is really artistic. Here are some of her other creations.

BCEC0895-E530-4C92-A3B0-4B978CEDCDAF.thumb.jpeg.7b390be7f52349c30d94f25a3ce9c669.jpeg

That’s how you found this one.  It so Seadog specific that you certainly are not going to find it in the halls of Target or your favourite distillery. 😁

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Love a good Christmas movie

Miracle on 34th

Wonderful Life

Meet Me in St Louis

Christmas Story

Christmas Vacation

Die Hard

My plate is full

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Miracle on 34th

Wonderful Life

Meet Me in St Louis

Christmas Story

Christmas Vacation

Die Hard

My plate is full

You missed a couple. 

White Christmas.

Family Guy - any Christmas episode. 

Possibly the least offensive Christmas clip I could find. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, CrzLvr2 said:

Awesome sunset photos! @Ocean Boy I especially like the composition of that first one. 

Regarding the seniors on your football team:

You write about them like a proud Papa😊🥲 You have been a part of their lives for four years now. During this time, you’ve witnessed their growth from boys to young men. I can understand why you would feel emotional at the end of their final football season. I’m sure the players are going to miss their team Doc just as much as you will miss them. I’ll bet many of them will come back to visit you next year and beyond.

Take care,

Sue

I've actually taken care of some of them from the day they were born. My office is full of football things and pictures. The centerpiece is the game ball the team once presented me with.

• Like 18

7 more sets to go.  And that's just folding the bags. Still have to stake them, feed the bulbs, and run power out. The joy of a corner lot.

20221126_101457.thumb.jpg.93d7e751c5569e212b9d09f9046e2728.jpg

Kinda bummed these are incandescent. 400 watts for the 80 lights.  I thought I ordered LED.  This is probably more power than every light in the house.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It has been a very emotional couple of days. First our football team won our Thanksgiving day rivalry 55 to zero. Then I had to say goodbye to our seniors whom I have so much admiration and love for and whom I could write about for hours if I wasn't so tired of crying. So for now I will just leave you with tonight's sunset....

20221125_154841.thumb.jpg.a835e555ded2f83e65256f014738787d.jpg

20221125_161015.thumb.jpg.e4558b433ba57a6c096860423075c1fe.jpg

20221125_161228.thumb.jpg.baea955f04bf0c8bd6755d9c413da775.jpg

Amazing photos.

I bet is hard to see your young men move along after the years of getting to know them.  It is a great thing that you do, and rewarding on so many levels. 

This week Owen followed through with his annual post football season tradition. It actually happens for all of his coaches, of his sports. He gives gift cards for his coaches as a thank-you, over and above saying it. The are volunteers and we greatly appreciate it. 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've actually taken care of some of them from the day they were born. My office is full of football things and pictures. The centerpiece is the game ball the team once presented me with.

My goodness! You’ve had an even longer connection with some of the members of your team than I realized! That would make it even more difficult for both those team members and for you to say goodbye. 😢 

They must love that you display their pictures and football things. It seems that you and the students share a mutual admiration. ☺️

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Miracle on 34th

Wonderful Life

Meet Me in St Louis

Christmas Story

Christmas Vacation

Die Hard

My plate is full

Good List here are some more. I love the old movies. 

Christmas in Connecticut 1945

The Bishop's Wife 1948

The Shop Around The Corner 1940

White Christmas 1954

Holiday Inn 1954

Holiday Affair 1949

A Christmas Carol 1938

A Christmas Carol 1951

The Muppets Christmas Carol (I did an interview with the great great grandson of Charles Dickens who says this version is the truest to the original story)

Some more that are newer.

Christmas with the Kranks (Highly recommend this one from the novel by John Grisham)

Four Christmas's

The Most Wonderful Time of Year (Hallmark with Henry Winkler is a classic)

The Santa Clause (Tim Allen) 3 movies.

And of course all the animated Christmas classics. You know what they are.

But here is my two all time favorites.

1) Christmas Vacation

2) And the best Christmas movie no one has ever heard of.

Christmas Story.

1445994567_519EODtqeL._AC_SY580_.jpg.8716fa0f1469d5aa1f881e0bf6ebbccd.jpg

A film from Finland that is English overdubbed but a fantastic story of a boy who became Santa Claus. I highly recommend this film it's shot beautiful and is so touching. While fiction is one of the most realistic stories of the origin of Santa Claus.

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

You missed a couple. 

White Christmas.

Family Guy - any Christmas episode. 

Possibly the least offensive Christmas clip I could find. 

I've seen that Family Guy episode a couple of times. Cracks me up every time.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

And another

Elf

I am watching it now.

It took me a couple of times to embrace Elf. At first I thought it was stupid but after watching it several times I realized the brilliance of Will Ferrell. I love this movie.

1 hour ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Been busy here this week:

1.) Thanksgiving....need I say more?

2.) Birthday: mine was yesterday

3.) Ukulele concert TODAY!

Happy belated Birthday. I hope you had a great celebration.

52 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Never seen it, will try and watch it

It takes a couple of times but it's hilarious.

• Like 6