Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Enjoy that trip to Hawaii.  My son and his family just returned from there.  Said the weather was beautiful.  

Thank you!  We have arrived!  The weather is cloudy and rainy tonight through tomorrow.  So a little change in plans on what to do.  I’m glad your son and his family had a great time here.

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is always nice when the status says On Time🙂 Have a great trip.

Thanks, OB!  A few gates down from us (Southwest) had delayed flights.  Good thing we didn’t book with Southwest.  We heard that they had a nation wide temporary outage for about an hour.  Can’t imagine what a mess this have caused.

12 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Have a great time in Hawaii!  Are you staying on Oahu or going to another island?  I can't remember if you already talked about where you're going.

I love Hawaii...my favorite place on earth.  If any of you ever hack into one of my accounts and are faced with answering the security question, "What is your favorite vacation place", you'll have no problem getting into my account. 😁

Thanks, Bob!  We are staying in Oahu at our timeshare Hilton Hawaiian Village.

Speaking of your new phone.  I love my iPhone 14 Pro.  You will love your 14 Pro Max.  I upgraded from the iPhone 6S that lasted me for seven years so the 14 Pro was quite a jump for me.  

11 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Have a great time! Is this a land trip, cruise or both?

Thanks, Deb!  It’s both as @dani negreanuDani said.  Land and then cruise.  

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

“On time to Honolulu” - that is a happy sign right there.  Have a wonderful trip 🌺

Thanks you, @aussielozzie18!  The plane took off a little early, too.  It was a good flight.

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Have a great time which I know you will. Please post some pictures of your amazing adventures.

Welcome to the club. I love mine. Did you get the 1TB? 

Thanks, Greg!  I love the camera on that phone.

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Have a wonderful time in Hawaii, Helen and Marty, and enjoy your cruise in a few weeks!

Thank you, Maryann.  We will do our best to enjoy the cruise.

8 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

We are just now packing! Can't wait to begin a new adventure! See you soon!

Have fun packing.  It will be so great to see you all again.

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Didn't realize that you were heading out this soon!  Have a fun safe trip.   See you soon.

Can’t wait to finally meet you guys when you get here.

8 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Helen and Marty, safe travels.  I know you will have a good time.  
We are doing opposites… you’re headed to warmth,☀️ I’m heading to colder.  🥶Currently on Brilliance for a B2B to Alaska. In SF tomorrow for an overnight.

Thanks, Pat.  You enjoy and have a great cruise, too.  We may start out warm but we head up north with 5 sea days to Vancouver.  For now, the weather app says it’s cold and rain just about everyday up there.  I hope it will be more sunshine in May.

We still had our heater on everyday at home, too, @Coralc It’s been so cold except Easter Sunday.  I’d say that was the best day out of the whole year.

7 hours ago, MsOzark_Kid said:

This is my first post to CC. Someone told me this was a cool place to hang out!

Welcome!  You will get hooked on Dani’s thread.

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Perfect gift!

@FromSea2ShiningSea Helen, Marty

@Ozark_Kid @MsOzark_Kid John, Sharon - Welcome to our happy, caring group

@CruiszBug Denny, Tom, Phoebe, Nurse Brittany

Have a fabulous, wonderful cruise with lots of sunshine and smooth sails.

Thanks, Bonnie!  It will be as Dani @dani negreanusaid, Hawaii is such a magic place.

I wish all of you could be on the cruise with us.  It will be so nice to meet John @Ozark_Kidand his gang, to see Denny @CruiszBugand her gang again and Ken @Ourusualbeachand his son Toby.  It will sort of be a little mini Bella reunion.

• Like 20

Four years ago today....

Our future DIL had flown out to Kenya to visit her mum. Unbeknownst to her my son had booked a flight a few days later and surprised her while she was lying in the sun and proposed!!  Four years later, two are three 💖

IMG-20230419-WA0009.thumb.jpg.fbf957a4ae4c9f9dfdeec02f68b874ea.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, sgmn said:

My DH too, though I think it's his heart meds thinning his blood. It's a game in the car, he turns up the heating, I turn it down and so on...

It's the other way around with us even with my heart meds.

I think it is my Italian blood.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, MsOzark_Kid said:

This is my first post to CC. Someone told me this was a cool place to hang out!

Hi Sharon,  Welcome aboard😃    We love John and all your precious Grandchildren, especially Kenzie.   I Hope to meet both of you on a cruise someday.

You must be getting excited about your cruise to Hawaii.   I know I am and look forward to John's photos.

God Bless you and your Family🙏

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hi Sharon,  Welcome aboard😃    We love John and all your precious Grandchildren, especially Kenzie.   I Hope to meet both of you on a cruise someday.

You must be getting excited about your cruise to Hawaii.   I know I am and look forward to John's photos.

God Bless you and your Family🙏

+1.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

There was a spin off show with Josh and that the other captain who helped him learn to run Cornelia Marie ( can’t remember his name) where they fished in Hawaii.  I saw a few episodes- not terrible but not that good either.  Not sure if that has been cancelled now or what.  The youngest son had drug/alcohol issues last i heard.

Casey was the other Captain’s name. That show was OK, but the scenery was amazing. 

• Thanks 1

Our heat never gets turned off.  Our house has zoned heating, so different areas are heated to different temperatures.  

Our family room is set at a constant 70°F.  Our living room, dining room, and kitchen area is set at 65°F.  Our bedrooms and bath areas are set at 63°F.  They stay at that summer and winter.  That seems to work well for the two of us.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Same here.  We booked an excursion for this summer in ketchikan to go onboard one of the ships from one of the first few seasons.  Aleutian Ballad i think it is.  sounded like fun having watched so many episodes.

We did that excursion on our Alaska cruise last fall.  It was one of our favorite parts of the cruise.  It's hard to imagine anyone doing what they do in freezing cold weather with icy spray in your face and an iced over deck.  It's no wonder that king crab is so expensive.

APC_3011.thumb.JPG.bd0de591781ef26a99797ead6eb4caa7.JPG

APC_3013.thumb.JPG.3f3d0c6eecc5f022eaafd2b28bff508b.JPG

APC_3034.thumb.JPG.b256e1233be65b00e87e31b1c8fe7a7a.JPG

APC_3041.thumb.JPG.7c1aae59882f59ef2455bed535c451b2.JPG

• Like 18

51 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Our heat never gets turned off.  Our house has zoned heating, so different areas are heated to different temperatures.  

Our family room is set at a constant 70°F.  Our living room, dining room, and kitchen area is set at 65°F.  Our bedrooms and bath areas are set at 63°F.  They stay at that summer and winter.  That seems to work well for the two of us.

We switch between heat and cold all spring and fall. Once it is summer the air is on and set at 73.  Once it is winter the heat is on and set at 73.  It seems that 73 is our preferred temperature.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

This is too funny.... I was thinking of ice cream tonight -- can you tell?  🤣

We'll be in NJ in a few weeks, and I already told my daughter to stock up on Friendly's Vienna Mocha Chunk ice cream.  Pure heaven!

5 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Thank you!  We have arrived!  The weather is cloudy and rainy tonight through tomorrow.  So a little change in plans on what to do.  I’m glad your son and his family had a great time here.

Thanks, OB!  A few gates down from us (Southwest) had delayed flights.  Good thing we didn’t book with Southwest.  We heard that they had a nation wide temporary outage for about an hour.  Can’t imagine what a mess this have caused.

Thanks, Bob!  We are staying in Oahu at our timeshare Hilton Hawaiian Village.

Speaking of your new phone.  I love my iPhone 14 Pro.  You will love your 14 Pro Max.  I upgraded from the iPhone 6S that lasted me for seven years so the 14 Pro was quite a jump for me.  

Thanks, Deb!  It’s both as @dani negreanuDani said.  Land and then cruise.  

Thanks you, @aussielozzie18!  The plane took off a little early, too.  It was a good flight.

Thanks, Greg!  I love the camera on that phone.

Thank you, Maryann.  We will do our best to enjoy the cruise.

Have fun packing.  It will be so great to see you all again.

Can’t wait to finally meet you guys when you get here.

Thanks, Pat.  You enjoy and have a great cruise, too.  We may start out warm but we head up north with 5 sea days to Vancouver.  For now, the weather app says it’s cold and rain just about everyday up there.  I hope it will be more sunshine in May.

We still had our heater on everyday at home, too, @Coralc It’s been so cold except Easter Sunday.  I’d say that was the best day out of the whole year.

Welcome!  You will get hooked on Dani’s thread.

Thanks, Bonnie!  It will be as Dani @dani negreanusaid, Hawaii is such a magic place.

I wish all of you could be on the cruise with us.  It will be so nice to meet John @Ozark_Kidand his gang, to see Denny @CruiszBugand her gang again and Ken @Ourusualbeachand his son Toby.  It will sort of be a little mini Bella reunion.

Wishing @OurusualbeachKen and his son, Toby, a wonderful cruise.  I didn't know they will be joining you.  What fun!

• Like 7

12 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Same here.  We booked an excursion for this summer in ketchikan to go onboard one of the ships from one of the first few seasons.  Aleutian Ballad i think it is.  sounded like fun having watched so many episodes.

Sneak peek for you.........

Edit: looks like someone else all ready gave you the sneak peek............

No photo description available.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We did that excursion on our Alaska cruise last fall.  It was one of our favorite parts of the cruise.  It's hard to imagine anyone doing what they do in freezing cold weather with icy spray in your face and an iced over deck.  It's no wonder that king crab is so expensive.

Thank you for the pics.  Looks like we picked a  good tour.  glad to hear positive feedback.  i like how in the excursion description  it specifically points out that they stay in calm water at all times.  😂  No way i’d get on that boat rocking the way it does out in the bering sea! 

18 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Sneak peek for you.........

Edit: looks like someone else all ready gave you the sneak peek............

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

His kids seem to have faded out of the program. I wonder what happened to them.

Josh was still on the program at least through last season. I'm not sure if he's featured in this new season or not. Several years ago, he bought the Cornelia Marie, and he now is the "co-captain" with another youngish guy named Casey McManus. Casey appears to do most of the actual captain stuff and Josh just sits beside him in the wheelhouse. He has a young daughter now, but she hasn't been featured on the show. They did do a spin-off show in Hawaii but were also still involved in Alaska crab fishing.

Jake has been in and out of rehab & jail for drug issues.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I came home from work to find Eric put the heat back on today.   He's always cold too.  I wasn't happy.

Thursday is suppose to be back in mid to high 70s.  

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I came home from work to find Eric put the heat back on today.   He's always cold too.  I wasn't happy.

Thursday is suppose to be back in mid to high 70s.  

It is a beautiful winter day here ,44 degrees.I put away my winter clothes last week and am not taking them out.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Hey Debi, the flowers are Bluebonnets, the ice cream is Bluebell.  Look at me!!  After living here for 19 years I'm finally getting to be a real Texan!  I just need to develop a taste for Dr. Pepper and say y'all when talking to one person.

I wanted to quote your previous post where you mentioned "bluebells" but quoted the above instead.  So funny!

I have friends who moved from Brooklyn to Houston,TX and lived there 52 years.They never said y’all.I wonder if there is a difference between Houston and Dallas.When I was out there I never heard anyone use that word .

I turned the heat back on yesterday for "just a bit" to take the chill of the house.  24 hours later, it's still on.

Even though the temps will go down to 36F tonight, I'll turn the heat off before going to bed. Tomorrow will be sunny & 70 and a possible 80 on Friday.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I used to be hooked on it then, for some reason, got away from it. This is the first time that I've watched in quite awhile.

Am I the only one that picked up on the "hooked on Deadliest Catch" pun?

And that you were "the one that got away"?

• Haha 9

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

My DH too, though I think it's his heart meds thinning his blood. It's a game in the car, he turns up the heating, I turn it down and so on...

I like warm too! I crank my electric blanket up before bed each night and adjust it when I go to bed, even in the summer.   In the car I have the seat heat on.  It feels good on the back.  I also turn my side of the car warmer than Sharon. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have friends who moved from Brooklyn to Houston,TX and lived there 52 years.They never said y’all.I wonder if there is a difference between Houston and Dallas.When I was out there I never heard anyone use that word .

My step-daughter lived in Houston for 6 years, beginning in 2016.  She added "Y'all" and "Fixin" to her vocabulary pretty quickly.  Every time I went to visit, I heard "Y'all" from her friends.  She never did get used to be referred to as a "Ma'am" however.

Now that she's back in NY, the "excuse me, ma'am"  has been replace by "Yo, Lady!". I wonder which she prefers? 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 12